Corona Virus Thread

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Dunno biz... you seem to like those politically incorrect jpegs. Not sure I’d be good company... I don’t have the same accoutrements...

so if I’m not back to work by pesach/Easter..... what is your tribute going to be??? I like sure thing bets. 

Harambe was the original American meme Icon!

• Like 1

On a brighter note, there were only 800 new cases in Westchester County, once the hottest hot spot in the state.

“Can you slow the spread,” Cuomo said. “Yes, we did it in Westchester.”

BACK TO WORK BY EASTER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

That's the problem though as, I still see People + Kids Coughing + Sneezing into the Air. I have maybe 3 or so facemasks left. Those are saved for Weekly Shopping Trips to Different Stores.

it's not spread easily through "lingering" air. It's spread by touching a surface where the sneeze or cough landed and then spreading it to yourself by touching your eye, nose, mouth etc. So long as you don't directly walk into somebodies cough or sneeze cloud you'll be ok.

I'm not hear to change your mind, just trying to spread some knowledge. I have almost 10k people that i'm trying to protect right now across the globe and so far we've had no confirmed cases and have not provided a single mask to our essential employees. Yes it's a matter of time I'm sure, but just throwing that out there. 

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Listening to Cuomo's press conference now and I don't see his need for 30,000 ventilators. Currently only 3% of confirmed cases need a ventilator (currently 888 out of 30,000 plus). The rate of cases is already slowing down granted it has not peaked yet but its already slowing. I'm not a numbers guy but if the projections stay the same he already has enough ventilators (including the 4,000 from the federal government) to handle the peak. 

IMHO, the issue is the time lag between all these things we're hearing about. We initiate social distancing, but it will take ten days to see an effect because the folks who were infected by asymptomatic COVID+ carriers first have to feel sick, see a doctor, get a test done, and only then, ten days later, will they show up on the charts. The same goes for ventilators. People are just now being identified as COVID+. These people are in the early stages. The progression of the disease suggests that the need for ventilators may be predominantly a late stage phenomenon. I'm not a numbers guy, either, but I know that you don't want to shave too close on what you need for saving lives. I bet we're going to need more than we have. Hopefully it won't be much more, because I don't know where we're going to get them. Although I'm hearing anecdotally that if you end up on a ventilator, your chances of recovery are greatly reduced - which is really scary. So, not trying to be morbid, but there could be significant turnover of machines.

46 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Daily hike/jog. 4 deer seen. Snuck up on a few to 4yds. Screenshot from video:

4af7ca4bfbc2676ba3697a63c7942a4d.png

Worked a bit on daughters house , snuck up on these deer bedded in neighbors yard , four more were walking down sidewalk .

Returned home for quarantine, has to tighten up by buying cheaper beer !

Actually made a tiddy sum by jumping back in the other day at 18,500 or so , never in 35 years tried to market time , so far did ok .

06BDA335-C4CB-4892-BE07-2BDD214705B1.jpeg

271178AF-C734-46E0-8B68-C20B100224F6.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

I tried to find some cheaper beer also, but since I'm already drinking Genny Light...…..

My dad LOVED longneck Black Label beer simply because it was cheap and bottled. $10 a case I remember. I drank it in college as an homage (and it was cheap) but I would wreck some bowls the next day!!!

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

It WAS your uncle's choice  ??  Am I to assume the old gent is no longer with us  ??     Hmmmmm….

Ha! I don't know what it is anymore. I haven't been down to his camp in Canisteo in years. When I was in my late teens and early twenties it was my favorite place in the world to be and I spent a ton of time there...... drinking Milwaukee's best lights!

8 minutes ago, E J said:

Ha! I don't know what it is anymore. I haven't been down to his camp in Canisteo in years. When I was in my late teens and early twenties it was my favorite place in the world to be and I spent a ton of time there...... drinking Milwaukee's best lights!

Canisteo is just up the river a few miles from me..In fact I have  an old girlfriend that lives there..  A VERY old girlfriend...Hehehe..

The high number of Corona virus cases in New York City is due to the subway transit system.  A news report pointed out subway riders were is close contact with each other and many had contaminated surfaces in the trains which raised the potential for disease transmission.

Hopefully the government will realize they need to improve the subway system with more trains to reduce crowding, better ventilation and better sanitation.  

Also Governor Andrew Cuomo was irate over many New York City residents congregating in large groups in the park and not practicing social distancing.  Obviously they do not care until they are sick and adding a burden to the healthcare system.

With all this going down you’d think I’d get my hunting N.Y. forum T-shirt or at least my GD money back 

No way! Geno & BurmJohn’s are on the beach next to their offshore bank accounts. Last time I checked website app net worth, this site was making $63,000 per month in advertising

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No way! Geno & BurmJohn’s are on the beach next to their offshore bank accounts. Last time I checked website app net worth, this site was making $63,000 per month in advertising

I hope Those two are out of toilet paper 

• Like 1