Corona Virus Thread

No way! Geno & BurmJohn’s are on the beach next to their offshore bank accounts. Last time I checked website app net worth, this site was making $63,000 per month in advertising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence you slipping so many DISGUSTING pics on their site.

• Like 1

[mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] assured us only western NYers would die

No. The Bronx is unhealthy county right along with you guys. Death rates (not count) will be higher in those counties.

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

DOW on emoji91.png

Boeing up 92% the latest few days

Boy, that corporate welfare is really a shot of steroids for the companies that got it. Let's just hope that it sticks, because they are really playing all of their cards with pushing rates to 0 and giving out free money. Not much else they can do now...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Boy, that corporate welfare is really a shot of steroids for the companies that got it. Let's just hope that it sticks, because they are really playing all of their cards with pushing rates to 0 and giving out free money. Not much else they can do now...

the bailout will help corporations (supply side economics), and the little guys. The true test will be the 3 months or so it's predicted to help us. Will we be in a better place in 3 months or need another?

that's the question nobody can accurately answer and we just have to all keep doing our part.

-reporting from my basement office, still working

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

the bailout will help corporations (supply side economics), and the little guys. The true test will be the 3 months or so it's predicted to help us. Will we be in a better place in 3 months or need another?

that's the question nobody can accurately answer and we just have to all keep doing our part.

-reporting from my basement office, still working

Looks like airlines will get $25 BILLION in grants, and small businesses are being offered loans. I guess it pays to be a big player, and I'm sure they employ plenty of lobbyists, I'm sure much more that a local small business can employ. I'll remember this the next time I pay out the butt for my sardine can of a seat, though I won't be able to do much to change it. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping keep this thing from crashing us and making the crisis last longer than it has to, but it seems like my the bailout being paid with my tax dollars is being weighted heavily towards a few specific industries, and I really think it is only to prop up SM numbers, which is what I think the powers that be seem to be most concerned about. I know, I'm very hard on the administration, but I just don't trust it...

24 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Looks like airlines will get $25 BILLION in grants, and small businesses are being offered loans. I guess it pays to be a big player, and I'm sure they employ plenty of lobbyists, I'm sure much more that a local small business can employ. I'll remember this the next time I pay out the butt for my sardine can of a seat, though I won't be able to do much to change it. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping keep this thing from crashing us and making the crisis last longer than it has to, but it seems like my the bailout being paid with my tax dollars is being weighted heavily towards a few specific industries, and I really think it is only to prop up SM numbers, which is what I think the powers that be seem to be most concerned about. I know, I'm very hard on the administration, but I just don't trust it...

Like the Dems 25 mil to the Kennedy arts... 

• Like 4

Just now, mowin said:

Like the Dems 25 mil to the Kennedy arts... 

Yep, I don't get that either....just a way for Democrats to get something that they wanted and wouldn't usually get. 

I was happy to see that Trump's businesses couldn't get anything, though with the poisonous way that American business works, there's probably back channels and shell companies that could still work...

6 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Yep, I don't get that either....just a way for Democrats to get something that they wanted and wouldn't usually get. 

I was happy to see that Trump's businesses couldn't get anything, though with the poisonous way that American business works, there's probably back channels and shell companies that could still work...

Pretty sure that was Trump, all Congress, all the Senate.....couldn't Which is an aberration for all of them. There should never be anything tacked onto any Bill. It is crooked and always has been.

• Like 2

At least the GOP stood up to Nancy and told her no friggin way on Obama phones, airline emissions, green new deal and her Opera House. 

The dumbacrats held up this bill all week attempting to add BS that has NOTHING to do with helping people. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Pretty sure that was Trump, all Congress, all the Senate.....couldn't Which is an aberration for all of them. There should never be anything tacked onto any Bill. It is crooked and always has been.

Agreed, I know that's the way politics works and all, but it doesn't mean that it's right.

And yes, no member of Congress, the Pres, VP or the head of any Executive dept. can get any money. A little protection I guess, and that was something the dems fought to get in there.

28 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Of Course there are " Back Channels "   , ask ANY Politician !   Hence the need for Term Limits in any elected position ! IMHO

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Anyone else heard the theory that there is 2 different strains going around? I read it somewhere else but couldnt find any conformation on the web.

About 3 weeks ago a scholarly article was published suggesting 2 strains, 1 very deadly and less common...they got hammered because there wasn’t a ton of data but what could they do it was only a month or so in.

Thought I saw @Elmo say 5 strains and if you are a healthcare worker with a non virulent strain back to work

Edited by OtiscoPaul

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Anyone else heard the theory that there is 2 different strains going around? I read it somewhere else but couldnt find any conformation on the web.

I did hear that today as well as this may be a season event with the same strain or similar strains of corona......

2 hours ago, mowin said:

At least the GOP stood up to Nancy and told her no friggin way on Obama phones, airline emissions, green new deal and her Opera House. 

The dumbacrats held up this bill all week attempting to add BS that has NOTHING to do with helping people. 

But the Democrats did get them to keep money from going to Pres, VP, Executive Officials and Congress (and direct relatives), and established an advisory board to decide who gets funding, rather than Trump being the sole decider like he had proposed.

Maybe the Dems were using the pork as bargaining chips to force a little more oversight into the bill....

2 hours ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Looks like airlines will get $25 BILLION in grants, and small businesses are being offered loans. I guess it pays to be a big player, and I'm sure they employ plenty of lobbyists,

they also employee millions of americans. But this is a fundamental disagreement on fiscal policy between conservatives and liberals so I dont expect us to agree on that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Belo said:

they also employee millions of americans. But this is a fundamental disagreement on fiscal policy between conservatives and liberals so I dont expect us to agree on that.

But what happened to all of the money that they got to keep after Trump's first stimulus (tax bill)? It seems to me that this is the second time in a little over 10 years that American tax dollars have been used to bail out major American companies. All of which benefited happily from conservative tax and deregulation policies.

Just like in 08-09, pressure has been placed in a booming but fragile economy, and it has crumbled under the watch of free market conservative administrations. 

Funny how conservatives are all about a free market, until they're not. And every time it is costing Trillions of tax dollars to rescue. The words "Too big to fail" come to mind, but it seems like the big ones keep failing...

Regardless, you're right, it's a fundamental argument of fiscal conservativism coming from a moderate Democrat, and corporate bailouts from conservatives...

This is nothing personal against you Belo. If I sound frustrated, it's because I am, but not with you, or anyone in particular for that matter.

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1