Corona Virus Thread

2 minutes ago, mowin said:

2 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Call me cold hearted but F them. They want to live down there in the shit let them die down there in the shit. It’s not my fault or problem that there isnt enough beds for them. After the nurses up here get sick from them then get their family’s sick then there won’t be enough space for them. So let’s stretch this out for another few months instead of keeping it contained. Maybe in a few months when it’s still running rampant and the country needs another bailout That twat Pelocy and Dbag upChuck will get there Plane emissions passed.

It’s really not rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah, we are really far apart on this one. Good talking to you I guess...

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m not supposed to go to the store to stop the spread but we can ship the infected up here?

Gimme a break!

Hey my area gets 1/3 of NYC’s garbage , and now they want us to take their sh!t as well , might as well take infected as too . Face it most down there couldn’t find us on a map , we’re just a  dump  “ up there somewhere .” 

https://fingerlakes1.com/2020/02/16/company-wants-to-transport-sewer-sludge-from-nyc-to-wayne-county/

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

I was surprised no reporter brought up moving prisoners around because that didn’t stop until this week and now at least 2 prisons have COVID-19 cases at them and it’s being traced from the downstate prisons.

God I just defended Cuomo. I feel so dirty imma go shower

It’s easy to look like a hero when the media backs your every move! Hence 8 years of obummer.

We supposedly got our last draft bus in 2 days ago. Funny 2 of them had a fever on their Indoc physical when they got to us from downstate.

Andy will make sure we suffer up here one way or another.

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

Look at how many doctors and nurses or care givers have gotten infected, then  unknowingly infect others. 

You don't think that's not going to happen here???

Really???

So how far do you take this, only people from your town are good enough to save? Your neighborhood? Maybe just your immediate family? I feel like if we have the capacity to help fellow Americans, and New Yorkers, why not?

There is obviously a fundamental and ethical chasm here that we're not going to be able to bridge. Thanks for your perspective...

How do you think the markets are running right now? I work in BoA building and they have traders still working there. The show must go on! You should know better

Oh we are finally closing our NYC office. I just packed my whole workstation to work remote. We shipped people all over the country to continue operations

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey my area gets 1/3 of NYC’s garbage , and now they want us to take their sh!t as well , might as well take infected as too . Face it most down there couldn’t find us on a map , we’re just a  dump  “ up there somewhere .” 

https://fingerlakes1.com/2020/02/16/company-wants-to-transport-sewer-sludge-from-nyc-to-wayne-county/

Trust me I know all about it! The highest point in my home town is now the landfill, it sure as hell isn’t our garbage that’s making MT stink hill!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

So how far do you take this, only people from your town are good enough to save? Your neighborhood? Maybe just your immediate family? I feel like if we have the capacity to help fellow Americans, and New Yorkers, why not?

There is obviously a fundamental and ethical chasm here that we're not going to be able to bridge. Thanks for your perspective...

So how are you going to feel when someone you love or care for gets sick or dies because the virus spread up here because of busing infected people here?  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mowin said:

So how are you going to feel when someone you love or care for gets sick or dies because the virus spread up here because of busing infected people here?  

Just as bad as I'd feel if someone that I loved or cared for couldn't get treated because they didn't have access to treatment. 

This whole situation sucks, but I'm of a kind that we're all in this together, and that's the only way we'll get out of it... together. However, I am a bleeding heart liberal :)

1 minute ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Just as bad as I'd feel if someone that I loved or cared for couldn't get treated because they didn't have access to treatment. 

This whole situation sucks, but I'm of a kind that we're all in this together, and that's the only way we'll get out of it... together. However, I am a bleeding heart liberal :)

Gee, that wasn't obvious...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

It’s easy to look like a hero when the media backs your every move! Hence 8 years of obummer.

We supposedly got our last draft bus in 2 days ago. Funny 2 of them had a fever on their Indoc physical when they got to us from downstate.

Andy will make sure we suffer up here one way or another.

Did they come from down state or down state penitentiary in fishkill lol

How many colleges are still in a on campus setting. Every dorm building I have   
ever been in closely resembles a hospital. How come the SUNY and CUNY dorms downstate can’t be repurposed as hospitals limiting transportation of this virus and flattening the curve

• Like 2

Call me cold hearted but F them. They want to live down there in the shit let them die down there in the shit. It’s not my fault or problem that there isnt enough beds for them. After the nurses up here get sick from them then get their family’s sick then there won’t be enough space for them. So let’s stretch this out for another few months instead of keeping it contained. Maybe in a few months when it’s still running rampant and the country needs another bailout That twat Pelocy and Dbag upChuck will get there Plane emissions passed.

It’s really not rocket science.

And what about someone like me, someone who lives just on the west side of the Hudson, I pay a disproportionate Amount of state taxes plus I have a 2nd home upstate that I pay taxes on too. Should I be forced to stay down here and suffer?

No idea, the bus comes from downstate Pen. Don’t know what jail or prison they came from but they all get on the same bus.

Well isn’t Downstate some what of a Routing center for inmates ?

Yea, and we are in the middle between them and Clinton so the up north bus and downstate bus come in our fence and switch cons.

Dam, yea I’m shocked they didn’t halt prisoner transfers weeks ago, also did they stop visitation yet ?

36 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

It's not like they're sticking them in your living room. They are out of beds in the city, we have the space, it's not like they're some foreign enemy, they are human beings, Americans who live less than 200 miles away from you. 

I think it would make more sense to find a bus load of people that think like you and send them down there to help our fellow New Yorkers. It would be much less of a sacrifice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve D said:

I think it would make more sense to find a bus load of people that think like you and send them down there to help our fellow New Yorkers. It would be much less of a sacrifice.

And what, have them build beds? From what I understand, the facilities are overwhelmed, as well as the staff. 

I'm not sure what you're looking for, yes, I guess...I don't know....

I don't wish any death or pain towards anyone.  My biggest issues are 1 you're brining a virus that spreads quickly to an area that really doesn't have it spreading so why risk the rest of the state.  2nd  most of upstate does not have the resources to help out there's some that I know of that are just running.  3Rd I have a problem if someone from out of the area infects say my mom who's a nurse in an eye doctors and was told today if they start shipping people up she's not going to have a choice and have to help those patients.  (She will do it because she took an oath to).  But if she gets it and  takes it back to my dad he will die if he gets it.  Now will people get sent this far I don't know.  I do not want to see anyone die but if the roles were reversed there's no way he would send patients down state.  I don't care if people want to go to there second homes i would  be fine with it as long as they quarantine for 14 days to make sure they weren't sick(people that are in the "hot zones").   I think there's better options like opening dorms and shipping nurses down and giving them a place to stay while working.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I don't wish any death or pain towards anyone.  My biggest issuesurprise are 1 you're brining a virus that spreads quickly to an area that really doesn't have it spreading so why risk the rest of the state.  2nd  most of upstate does not have the resources to help out there's some that I know of that are just running.  3Rd I have a problem if someone from out of the area infects say my mom who's a nurse in an eye doctors and was told today if they start shipping people up she's not going to have a choice and have to help those patients.  (She will do it because she took an oath to).  But if she gets it and  takes it back to my dad he will die if he gets it.  Now will people get sent this far I don't know.  I do not want to see anyone die but if the roles were reversed there's no way he would send patients down state.  I don't care if people want to go to there second homes i would  be fine with it as long as they quarantine for 14 days to make sure they weren't sick(people that are in the "hot zones").   I think there's better options like opening dorms and shipping nurses down and giving them a place to stay while working.  

That's an argument I can respect. Thank you! Take care!