Corona Virus Thread

The answer is lock down medical facilities. Enforce strict measures to make sure disease does not leave.  As squirrel whisperer said medical people took an oath. Respect that oath...and those whom took it. Much like a soldier in war.  What does everyone think about a soldier who took an oath then says screw everyone else and runs and hides.  Has this thread ever gone ugly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

The answer is lock down medical facilities. Enforce strict measures to make sure disease does not leave.  As squirrel whisperer said medical people took an oath. Respect that oath...and those whom took it. Much like a soldier in war.  What does everyone think about a soldier who took an oath then says screw everyone else and runs and hides.  Has this thread ever gone ugly.

Well said!

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well said. Boy oh boy are there some small minded selfish comments these last few pages. Some people are so American they are very willing to throw there hands up and say I'm not infected, it's not my problem. This is bigger then politics boys. Really, we shouldn't help people because of what part of the state they live? Really?  WOW

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Well said. Boy oh boy are there some small minded selfish comments these last few pages. Some people are so American they are very willing to throw there hands up and say I'm not infected, it's not my problem. This is bigger then politics boys. Really, we shouldn't help people because of what part of the state they live? Really?  WOW

If this was some al qaeda attack, folks would be wrapping themselves up in the flag and be all in whatever it took and then pat themselves on the back for how "american" they are. 

How times change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wjay1552 said:

How many colleges are still in a on campus setting. Every dorm building I have   
ever been in closely resembles a hospital. How come the SUNY and CUNY dorms downstate can’t be repurposed as hospitals limiting transportation of this virus and flattening the curve

Any port in a storm...If the dorms are a suitable alternative, then the powers to be should look into it and try to keep the hot spots isolated as much as possible. If overflow looks like a possibility, them move people upstate. I assume ventilators work on 120 volt circuit...dorms have 120 volt...plug it in and good to go, or do they run on 240 volt.?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

I guess it takes a disaster for people’s true nature to shine through. Those of you condemning your fellow humans should be extremely ashamed of who you are. I’m answering the call and doing what I can.

Al, I commented you on answering the call.  

However,  you can't blame me for not wanting the virus to spread upstate. If that means keeping the affected downstate, then so be it.  Doesn't mean I'm condemning my fellow humans. I feel bad for those that are infected. But it's a fact that caregivers are getting infected and spreading the illness.  I don't want that up here.

I'm definitely not ashamed of that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Call me cold hearted but F them. They want to live down there in the shit let them die down there in the shit. It’s not my fault or problem that there isnt enough beds for them. After the nurses up here get sick from them then get their family’s sick then there won’t be enough space for them. So let’s stretch this out for another few months instead of keeping it contained. Maybe in a few months when it’s still running rampant and the country needs another bailout That twat Pelocy and Dbag upChuck will get there Plane emissions passed.

It’s really not rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there will be a need to transport people from NYC to your neighborhood hospital, at least I hope there won't be a need, but as long as there are dedicated doctors and nurses who are willing to care for them in these upstate locations or locations elsewhere, it won't matter one bit what your opinion on this matter is.  Just letting you know if you already don't.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Are we all pretending the DOW didn’t have its best week since 1932?

Sold vested stock in one company Feb 14 at 164.81

If I sold it today after the DOWs best week since 1932 I would have lost $55 dollars a share..

Sure that’s better than this time last week when it was literally half at $82 per

The rally is relative and relative to the past 4 years we are still in the toilet

39 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Are we all pretending the DOW didn’t have its best week since 1932?

Jumped back in at the right time ,crushed it this week !  Now if condos drop price in Fla  could be a win win ! 

• Like 3

I get a chuckle out of people telling me I took an oath , have you ?  Easy to sit behind a desk  and comment  .Here’s a few of awards I got for risking my life to save others , the beauty is we don’t ask your color ,race, religion, or if you like to, pitch or catch ,we just go !

Ive never rescued a person who looked liked me , nor do,I care . From my first in ‘92 till the two a couple years before I retried . I did take an oath and I lived up to it and then some , please tell me how many you saved .

I have no ill will against those in NYC, With corona ,but perhaps you shouldn’t have treated upstate as shit for so long .

oh I don’t display my awards as it’s ,just part or what I signed up,for .

72B9BA73-100A-4AAC-AE23-D2312BE676EF.jpeg

0862A4EE-63F1-4476-A253-FC1424D01145.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, mowin said:

Al, I commented you on answering the call.  

However,  you can't blame me for not wanting the virus to spread upstate. If that means keeping the affected downstate, then so be it.  Doesn't mean I'm condemning my fellow humans. I feel bad for those that are infected. But it's a fact that caregivers are getting infected and spreading the illness.  I don't want that up here.

I'm definitely not ashamed of that.  

Like it or not... it’s already upstate. You think anyone wants this to spread? The front line is moving in this “war” on US soil...  Our front line soldiers and facilities, ie medical people and hospitals,  seem to be getting over run.  I hope for yours and others sake this doesn’t spread much past where it is now. If the facilities where you are become overrun such as it appears in NYC area, you should hope others around you don’t share your same attitude. If so, you may find yourself with nowhere to go if you become sick. F* those people in old Chatham.. they are a bunch of backward assed red necks . We don’t want them getting US sick....   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Like it or not... it’s already upstate. You think anyone wants this to spread? The front line is moving in this “war” on US soil...  Our front line soldiers and facilities, ie medical people and hospitals,  seem to be getting over run.  I hope for yours and others sake this doesn’t spread much past where it is now. If the facilities where you are become overrun such as it appears in NYC area, you should hope others around you don’t share your same attitude. If so, you may find yourself with nowhere to go if you become sick. F* those people in old Chatham.. they are a bunch of backward assed red necks . We don’t want them getting US sick....   

So I guess in your eyes, I'm just a simple red neck that doesn't have any compassion. 

• Thanks 1

Sold vested stock in one company Feb 14 at 164.81
If I sold it today after the DOWs best week since 1932 I would have lost $55 dollars a share..
Sure that’s better than this time last week when it was literally half at $82 per
The rally is relative and relative to the past 4 years we are still in the toilet

Not true. Could be a lot worse. My 401K which I don’t touch and is very aggressive is down 3-4% the past 3 months only. Yes, -3% is way worse than +20% but still Could be way way worse.

About 3 weeks ago a scholarly article was published suggesting 2 strains, 1 very deadly and less common...they got hammered because there wasn’t a ton of data but what could they do it was only a month or so in.
Thought I saw@Elmo say 5 strains and if you are a healthcare worker with a non virulent strain back to work

Yes. But only one is deadly. Wife’s boss had to go back to work even though he tested positive for one of the non-deadly strains.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Took the baby for a stroll today. Local High School was pretty crowded. Tennis, baseball, softball being played. XC runners.

The end is near boys!

EASTER!

dda550f682913243b5cfa3984f6ddd65.jpg

Went to a local park nearby so my boy can ride his bike and the place was also packed.  Kids playing basketball, baseball, etc.  Tennis I'm not too concerned about and you tend to keep your distance.  Decided to do a 180 and head to a more secluded park.  This isn't a sign that things are getting better, this is a sign as to why US just surpassed China with the most number of cases.  Knowledge of the virus now, state of US hospitals, and over health of its citizen is what's probably keeping the death toll down.