Corona Virus Thread

3 hours ago, Elmo said:

Went to a local park nearby so my boy can ride his bike and the place was also packed.  Kids playing basketball, baseball, etc.  Tennis I'm not too concerned about and you tend to keep your distance.  Decided to do a 180 and head to a more secluded park.  This isn't a sign that things are getting better, this is a sign as to why US just surpassed China with the most number of cases.  Knowledge of the virus now, state of US hospitals, and over health of its citizen is what's probably keeping the death toll down.

I agree , I’ve been laid up from my knee replacement and yesterday I was healed enough to finally  get out and walk around So I went to the grocery store with the wife, I was a little surprised on how nonchalant people were about staying away from others. I was on defense the entire time. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

Local Police chief in the town where I teach just BLASTED his community saying, cut the $hit-stay home, deflate the bouncy houses for your kids and neighbors, no creating b-ball courts in the street for multi-family games; no gathering crammed on benches outside of coffee shops, no cocktail parties!
This arrogance is what causes greatest concern for this virus continuing. And while.many of these offenders are not at tremendous risk beside a regular flu type experience if contracted, The community in which they live is largely elderly who are scared.
“Won’t happen to me” is such a typical attitude for this community of wealthy, powerful, type A.....selfish folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Local Police chief in the town where I teach just BLASTED his community saying, cut the $hit-stay home, deflate the bouncy houses for your kids and neighbors, no creating b-ball courts in the street for multi-family games; no gathering crammed on benches outside of coffee shops, no cocktail parties!

This arrogance is what causes greatest concern for this virus continuing. And while.many of these offenders are not at tremendous risk beside a regular flu type experience if contracted, The community in which they live is largely elderly who are scared.

“Won’t happen to me” is such a typical attitude for this community of wealthy, powerful, type A.....selfish folks.

Or like some reports say, 70% of nyc/Westchester is going to get it regardless so might as well get it over with.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

My parents just got back to town from florida and its killing  them not to see their grandkids . They actually drove by the house yesterday while we were taking a walk and got to see him from the car . I still continue to see groups of kids walking  around the neighborhood. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Or like some reports say, 70% of nyc/Westchester is going to get it regardless so might as well get it over with.

The idea of “herd immunity” has been tossed around (by Healthcare Agencies) with only those at high risk to be isolated...as if many of them weren’t in some way already

Edited by OtiscoPaul

5 hours ago, Elmo said:

Went to a local park nearby so my boy can ride his bike and the place was also packed.  Kids playing basketball, baseball, etc.  Tennis I'm not too concerned about and you tend to keep your distance.  Decided to do a 180 and head to a more secluded park.  This isn't a sign that things are getting better, this is a sign as to why US just surpassed China with the most number of cases.  Knowledge of the virus now, state of US hospitals, and over health of its citizen is what's probably keeping the death toll down.

They have our parks and schools blocked so you cant go there

7 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

The idea off “herd immunity” has been tossed around (by Healthcare Agencies) with only those at high risk to be isolated...as if many of them weren’t in some way already

Except that even extremely healthy people are getting it .

9 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Most people are gonna get it within the next 2 years but many won’t know they had it...many have already had it and recovered probably since late January everywhere in the world

The real problem with a herd immunity scenario is that it spikes the curve and puts maximum pressure on healthcare systems and that’s why no one has advocated for the idea

Edited by OtiscoPaul

11 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Yes, but we are not mortally affected by it.

But keeping those who contracted the virus away from anyone who would be compromised would be the greatest challenge.  

Edited by diplomat019
  • Like 2

They have our parks and schools blocked so you cant go there

That doesn’t seem right? All NYS Parks are open. Maybe you mean private owned parks? I walked the middle school and high school yesterday locally and everyone was out and about. There was a cop sitting in his car, but not stopping anyone. More just watching

47 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Anyone else feeling lost without opening day of MLB? It sucks! There’s no point in owning a Tv without MLB

Never been the same since Phillies legend Harry Kalas passed away...he would do a few innings of the radio broadcast later in his career I’d mute the tv

He was also a longtime voice over for NFL films

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Most people are gonna get it within the next 2 years but many won’t know they had it...many have already had it and recovered probably since late January everywhere in the world
The real problem with a herd immunity scenario is that it spikes the curve and puts maximum pressure on healthcare systems and that’s why no one has advocated for the idea

Agree. I worked with several people who were sick in late December and January. All the symptoms of a flu but tested negative for flu. They were sick for like 1-2 weeks and finally got better. Now it seems it was probably C19, which means I probably had it and didnt see any symptoms. Besides spring pollen allergies
And an occasional sinus infection, I never get colds and never the flu

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Agree. I worked with several people who were sick in late December and January. All the symptoms of a flu but tested negative for flu. They were sick for like 1-2 weeks and finally got better. Now it seems it was probably C19, which means I probably had it and didnt see any symptoms. Besides spring pollen allergies
And an occasional sinus infection, I never get colds and never the flu

A guy I worked with and a friend had the same thing. Fever for 2-3 days with typical flu like symptoms, tested negative for flu. This would have been early December. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Never been the same since Phillies legend Harry Kalas passed away...he would do a few innings of the radio broadcast later in his career I’d mute the tv

He was also a longtime voice over for NFL films

Phillie fan? Ive always liked them and now with Didi and Girardi there I will pay even more attention 

Just now, Culvercreek hunt club said:

A guy I worked with and a friend had the same thing. Fever for 2-3 days with typical flu like symptoms, tested negative for flu. This would have been early December. 

I believe my kids and I may have had it with them being much milder and me having tight congestion for weeks that eventually resulted in alien looking sputum...3 last weeks in December

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

My parents just got back to town from florida and its killing  them not to see their grandkids . They actually drove by the house yesterday while we were taking a walk and got to see him from the car . I still continue to see groups of kids walking  around the neighborhood. 

My mom has come over and stayed in the car and talked to the kids, its heartbreaking for grandparents

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My mom has come over and stayed in the car and talked to the kids, its heartbreaking for grandparents

My parents came back early from FL about 3 weeks ago, they have a cottage down the street...

we had one dinner over 2 weeks ago but since that family dinner in Jersey resulted in 4 dead we have been waving from the window...probably do some outdoor stuff together this weekend 

I went to my local clinic the other day for a routine blood test..First time I had been there since this stuff started..

Inside the main entrance there was a table with three big nurses standing there, all gowned, masked, and gloved...

One nurse grabbed me and bent me over the table, the second one jerked my pants down, and the third one stuck a thermometer up my butt...

I went back three times before they got wise to me....

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I went to my local clinic the other day for a routine blood test..First time I had been there since this stuff started..

Inside the main entrance there was a table with three big nurses standing there, all gowned, masked, and gloved...

One nurse grabbed me and bent me over the table, the second one jerked my pants down, and the third one stuck a thermometer up my butt...

I went back three times before they got wise to me....

Well at least you fooled those guys twice

That doesn’t seem right? All NYS Parks are open. Maybe you mean private owned parks? I walked the middle school and high school yesterday locally and everyone was out and about. There was a cop sitting in his car, but not stopping anyone. More just watching

Parks open yes, I’ve seen lots of playgrounds closed and you can’t socially distance kids on those things

• Like 1