Corona Virus Thread

When a bad car accident or cancer can be transferred from touching a door handle I’ll rethink my original point, until then I stand by my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t matter, don’t you earn your living off of down state ?

It doesn’t matter, don’t you earn your living off of down state ?

Oh, it completely matters.

I have no idea the geographical demographics of the states incarcerated population. I would assume the majority are from the city however I don’t see how that helps your argument any? How does the “assumed” majority of the savages that are locked up being from the shithole of NY help your argument.

If anything that would only help mine?

• Like 1

Oh, it completely matters.

I have no idea the geographical demographics of the states incarcerated population. I would assume the majority are from the city however I don’t see how that helps your argument any? How does the “assumed” majority of the savages that are locked up being from the shithole of NY help your argument.

If anything that would only help mine?

No it shows that you only give a shit about you, that you are ok earning your living from the city’s trash. On the other hand you have no interest in helping the good part of its population.

It shows your true colors as a human

• Like 2

Urgent Plea from the American Red Cross
Senator Rich Funke

Dear Neighbors,

I wanted to bring your attention to a vital resource that is critically low in supply – donated blood. As the outbreak of COVID-19 continues to impact our community, the American Red Cross needs your help ensuring they have a sufficient blood supply to support hospital patients in New York State and across the country. To date, 7,790 blood drives have been canceled, totaling 236,717 units of blood nationally.  In New York State, there have been 507 cancels, totaling 12,917 lost units. 

State Senator Joe Robach and I are leading this call-to-action by hosting a blood drive scheduled for TUESDAY, MARCH 31 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Rochester Makerspace, located at 850 St. Paul Street, Rochester, NY 14605. The American Red Cross assures me they are taking additional precautions to safeguard the safety of their donors and staff at each drive

Collecting blood ONLY from individuals who are healthy, feeling well, and who meet other eligibility requirements, available at RedCrossBlood.org.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/eligibility-requirements.html

Edited by Steve D

12 minutes ago, Steve D said:
Urgent Plea from the American Red Cross
Senator Rich Funke

Dear Neighbors,

I wanted to bring your attention to a vital resource that is critically low in supply – donated blood. As the outbreak of COVID-19 continues to impact our community, the American Red Cross needs your help ensuring they have a sufficient blood supply to support hospital patients in New York State and across the country. To date, 7,790 blood drives have been canceled, totaling 236,717 units of blood nationally.  In New York State, there have been 507 cancels, totaling 12,917 lost units. 

State Senator Joe Robach and I are leading this call-to-action by hosting a blood drive scheduled for TUESDAY, MARCH 31 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Rochester Makerspace, located at 850 St. Paul Street, Rochester, NY 14605. The American Red Cross assures me they are taking additional precautions to safeguard the safety of their donors and staff at each drive

Collecting blood ONLY from individuals who are healthy, feeling well, and who meet other eligibility requirements, available at RedCrossBlood.org.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/eligibility-requirements.html

Thanks Steve.  I plan to go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chef said:

So the other day there were people saying that they would be upset if down state patients were treated for covid in upstate hospitals.

I honestly don't believe the issue is "upstate and downstate". If so called "upstater's  was  where the biggest concentration was I don't think it would be right to send the victims "downstate" either.

All we have been hearing is isolation/social distancing to contain the virus. You are not going to help contain it by moving it (the virus) from one end of the state to the other regardless if it  is down state or upstate. Keep it where it is and provide as much support as possible to the needed area but don't move it from one place to another.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 3

I honestly don't believe the issue is "upstate and downstate". If so called "upstater's  was  where the biggest concentration was I don't think it would be right to send the victims "downstate" either.
 All we have been hearing is isolation/social distancing to contain the virus. You are not going to help contain it by moving it (the virus) from one end of the state to the other regardless if it  is down state or upstate. Keep it where it is and provide as much support as possible to the needed area but don't move it from place to another.

Have you seen the map it’s all over the state

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve D said:

All we have been hearing is isolation/social distancing to contain the virus. You are not going to help contain it by moving it (the virus) from one end of the state to the other regardless if it  is down state or upstate. Keep it where it is and provide as much support as possible to the needed area but don't move it from place to another.

I said the same thing, and was told I should be ashamed of myself... 

I'm not...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

Have you seen the map it’s all over the state

Yes I have seen the map and this shows each county and their cases.

All I am saying is moving it around from one end of the sate to another doesn't seem like a logical method of containment.

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/county-county-breakdown-positive-cases

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I am fine with patients coming upstate. As long as they are not Democrats!!! lol 

What about Rockefeller Republicans? 

17 minutes ago, Steve D said:

You say you don’t think it would be right to send them downstate. Would you deny them that opportunity to live? 

Edited by left field

Guys,the virus is just about anywhere in the state already,maybe not confirmed,but it is. So the discussion is pointless. The sneaky thing about the whole thing is that you become contagious before having symptoms.

All we can do is act like everyone has it and try and be as conscious as possible about exposure,both ways.

Just saw on the news a doctor in Italy found a way to convert a scuba mask using a 3d printer to make a ventilator.  Looked pretty neat would think there has to be a lot of cheap alternatives to make one for situations like this.

I saw that too, but it’s just for one specific brand of scuba mask. Still really awesome

No it shows that you only give a shit about you, that you are ok earning your living from the city’s trash. On the other hand you have no interest in helping the good part of its population.

It shows your true colors as a human

You can say what you want about me as a human and I promise it will not effect my sleep tonight.

If you’re telling me that if me and your child went down the same time if you’re coming to help me first than I’ll call you a liar!

If you and my daughter went down I’m saving my daughter first, sorry.

If you think it’s a good idea to send the infected from a hot spot woman area where’s it’s barely on the charts is a good idea than it says a lot about your intellectual capacity as a human.

• Like 2

At the close of business yesterday, not today it isn’t......

Still not concerned. I've got another 20 years before retirement. It's going to fluctuate like that probably 3 more times before I retire. Ideally not as bad as this current situation but the market runs in cycles

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 1