Corona Virus Thread

That's because they have no clues .

They said 6 ft now its 10 ft 

Stays on metal fow 6 hours now its 24 hours ( but they found it on a cruise ship 17 days after everyone  had left.

Bad for elderly  and I'll people cant harm healthy people  but now we have young healthy people dying

That's because they have no clues .
They said 6 ft now its 10 ft 
Stays on metal fow 6 hours now its 24 hours ( but they found it on a cruise ship 17 days after everyone  had left.
Bad for elderly  and I'll people cant harm healthy people  but now we have young healthy people dying

People COPD, asthma, heart disease are the most vulnerable by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Sorry pops. I was only trying to give some kudos for your admission to being a liberal communist and a smelly one at that. Most dems don’t have the ballz to admit that they are fundamentally wrong. It must be your extremely advanced age that allows you such maturity. I would like to say we need more dems like you, but mommy told me not to lie.

So much to unwrap. 

I have little problem admitting my mistakes. That comes from age, experience and a reasonable confidence in myself while accepting the gift of my human fallibility. (Ask your mom for help with big words or concepts.)

For what it’s worth, I’m neither a Democrat or Republican. Certainly not these days. I hold varying opinions on issues based on personal experience, current position, a concern for the greater good, moral centre and just generally thinking things through. Did you read the Whitman quote I posted? That has become a guiding principle in my life. 

It seems that Trump is now boasting about his press conference ratings and tweeting that the US gov won’t pay for Harry and Meghan’s security in LA. 

So happy he has his eye on the important things. 

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

Is Chrysler making any ?  That would make it easier for Ford to step up production and start rolling out the F'd Over Reconditioned Dodges.     

Chrysler should just focus on building a truck that does't rot before your very eyes. 

• Thanks 1

So much to unwrap. 

I have little problem admitting my mistakes. That comes from age, experience and a reasonable confidence in myself while accepting the gift of my human fallibility. (Ask your mom for help with big words or concepts.)

For what it’s worth, I’m neither a Democrat or Republican. Certainly not these days. I hold varying opinions on issues based on personal experience, current position, a concern for the greater good, moral centre and just generally thinking things through. Did you read the Whitman quote I posted? That has become a guiding principle in my life. 

It seems that Trump is now boasting about his press conference ratings and tweeting that the US gov won’t pay for Harry and Meghan’s security in LA. 

So happy he has his eye on the important things. 

Sorry left wing. This shouldn’t be about politics. This thread is about health. You, sir, legitimately seem to like to argue with anyone who will entertain your rabble.

Politics and viruses aside, I remember when this was a forum full of hunters that were all friendly towards one another. Willing to help the newby and cheer them on. I applaud you deciding to go hunting, even at an age when most wouldn’t consider it. Unfortunately, for me, it’s as if your are only hunting for someone’s horns to break. Looks like we have another stormy type. It’s ok to dish it if you can take it, but you take it to another level. I see that you are too sensitive for a little bit of innocent ribbing. I guess you are just one of the grumpy old man types.

• Like 1

This is a very interesting website. At least 8 strains of wuhan flu are circling the globe. It’s mutated some. Chinese docs found two strains early on.  I wonder if both those are on this link or not. Latest  is what I clicked on. Give it a long time to progress as it’s slow. Worth the wait.

https://nextstrain.org/

The beauty of being older is that you can be grumpy.

This IS a forum full of friendly helpful hunters as I can attest. Hell, we even got through the great coyote debate without incident. That hasn’t changed.

I’m not trying to bust your horns or your balls. I have been insulted a few times and laughed it off. Whatever. You seem to enjoy punching so at a certain point, I’ll counterpunch. Sorry if your feelings were hurt. 

I’ll go for the night as I have a moisturizing mask to do, mani-pedi, and the last chapter of Das Kapital to get through. 

Das vadanya! 

The beauty of being older is that you can be grumpy.
This IS a forum full of friendly helpful hunters as I can attest. Hell, we even got through the great coyote debate without incident. That hasn’t changed.
I’m not trying to bust your horns or your balls. I have been insulted a few times and laughed it off. Whatever. You seem to enjoy punching so at a certain point, I’ll counterpunch. Sorry if your feelings were hurt. 
I’ll go for the night as I have a moisturizing mask to do, mani-pedi, and the last chapter of Das Kapital to get through. 
Das vadanya! 

Counterpunch away friend. I have no problems taking it back because I give plenty. Just ask Lee. My feelings weren’t hurt in the least. Enjoy your beautification.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:11 PM, ADK Native said:

Not to make this into some scary scenario, but of the three man made weapons of mass destruction (nuclear, biological and chemical), biological has the sinister label of being “the poor man’s weapon of mass destruction”.  So while evil countries like Iran and North Korea openly profess their desire destroy the United States of America and others by manufacturing nuclear weapons, I am more scared what these terrorists are developing in their biological weapons laboratory.

I am in no way suggesting that the Corona virus was mutated to be more deadly by human intervention.  Nor would I refer to it as a biological warfare agent.  Still terrorists both domestic (Ex.  Bill Ayres) and foreign (China, Iran. North Korea and Russia to name a few) must be paying close attention to how the Corona virus has caused large scale problems.  I again stand by my fear of these terrorists could/might deploy a more deadly pathogen. 

I hope both the government and the American people realize the grave danger that Corona virus has caused with death, illness and destruction to a county’s economy.  That being said, I hope moving forward that after it is done, that “Lessons Learned” or an “After Action Report” is both intelligently and honestly completed to prepare for the next epidemic or pandemic that strikes.

Sadly some have politicalize this tragedy to continue their 24/7 attack against President Trump.  Some of the state governors have failed to be prepared and have failed to initiate sufficient action to reduce or eliminate the spread of the Corona virus.  So when the Corona virus epidemic is over, will we see all leaders  intelligently and honestly engaged to be prepared for the next epidemic or pandemic to strike America?

• Like 1

Coronavirus Fears Have Led To A Surge In U.S. Gun Sales

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/03/16/coronavirus-fears-have-led-to-a-surge-in-us-gun-sales/#351969d54edd

The article states “Economic and political instability tends to kick off periods of increased gun sales”.  While true, a deeper examination are the facts that:

1. Criminals have been allowed to riot with little consequence with destroying property, looting, assault and blocking the free movement of people in public places and roadways.  Even the police are assaulted and their vehicles destroyed without consequence to their attackers.

2. The courts have determined that law enforcement has no legal obligation to protect you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2018/12/21/us-judge-says-law-enforcement-officers-had-no-legal-duty-protect-parkland-students-during-mass-shooting/

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

In regards to point number two above, so many politicians who must be aware of the court rulings, but STILL want to restrict and prohibit rights under the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America who they are sworn to uphold.  They trick the ignorant with their its "common sense gun laws" or the new lie its "gun safety laws".

On the lighter side , due to the stay at home and avoid close contact with others , I spent about 4 hours this afternoon cleaning the garage . I threw out a lot on non essential crap and made a couple piles of items to give my kids . Got a lot accomplished . 

Watched the Livestream Mass by Bishop Mitano at 11 am since we can't go to church . 

Didn't watch the NEWS all day !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It took them two months to figure out that people can just swap their own nose is and put it in a Ziploc baggie to drop off to be tested

The q-tip has to hit the back of your sinus cavity where your sinus meets your throat.  Most people say it stinks for hours afterwards.  That's some Ramdo patching himself up kind of shit.  Takes some navigating.  I'd rather have a pro do it.  Knowing me, I'd stick the q-tip up and it'll come out of my ear.

• Like 2