Corona Virus Thread

12 hours ago, First-light said:

I haven't seen my mom in I guess 20 days now. Lock down at assisted living now the hospital. Just watched a story about a family saying good bye to their mother via Face time. I couldn't imagine not being at my mothers bedside God forbid. My mom has dementia also and thinks we are picking her up everyday. 

Prayers sent.

• Like 1

Saw an article several days ago mentioning this pandemic has brought to life every person's real nightmare. No, it's not isolation, getting ill, debts, ect. It's dying alone with no family members at their side. Anyone that has/is going thru this, they have my heartfelt sympathy!!

• Like 1

i have managed not to go to a store for two weeks now.  I think ive got another 2 in me.   Everytime i think i might need to go for something I ask myself .... i really need that??  Coffee creamer is getting low though.   What will break that streak will be if my Mom needs something as she is 80.   She is pretty well stocked though too.  Plus i can bring stuff from home to her.  

• Like 2

i have managed not to go to a store for two weeks now.  I think ive got another 2 in me.   Everytime i think i might need to go for something I ask myself .... i really need that??  Coffee creamer is getting low though.   What will break that streak will be if my Mom needs something as she is 80.   She is pretty well stocked though too.  Plus i can bring stuff from home to her.  

Just wash your hands good. Your odds at a grocery store are way less than people in areas with higher case counts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Ahh, sort of, but see the above John Hopkins report, esp section on Covid-19 life span on surfaces. This all depends on how folks at retailers protect themselves & the customer when stocking shelves. Or who has handled or contaminated item you're purchasing. So whether paper, plastic of reusable bags - you're bringing it home. If you were a germaphobe before this pandemic, you're definitely OCD about it now!!! My rule - If in doubt, wash your hands!

I agree.   Was only repeating what cashier said.  

My wife has become one of those OCD's you predicted. 

Several times, in the middle of the night, I hear "pop" of hand sanitizer bottle and then the wringing of hands, lol.   

I ask her who in her dream was infected. 

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just wash your hands good. Your odds at a grocery store are way less than people in areas with higher case counts

my odds are better at home.  lol.  The dog doesnt get out much.    

- I wash my hands all the time.  But just finding I dont really need to go so holding off.  Cleaning out the freezer a bit which was needed anyway 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

Los lobos thank you for the informative post. I’d quote you but that was a long ass image! 

Some questionable wisdom from (where else) China. Doctors are recommending antiseptic mouth wash to help kill the virus before it takes hold.  I’m not sure my nose could handle it though. I guess it couldn’t hurt to gargle a bit after a grocery store run. 

my odds are better at home.  lol.  The dog doesnt get out much.    
 - I wash my hands all the time.  But just finding I dont really need to go so holding off.  Cleaning out the freezer a bit which was needed anyway 

I’ll be honest I live in rockland county Ny we have one of the highest rates of covid per capita in the country. More than 1 in 150 people have the virus.

I have not left my house in 14 days... well once to get a drive through covid test 7 days ago and that’s it.

I will not be leaving any time soon. I get groceries delivered why would I put myself or my family at risk

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Chef said:

I’ll be honest I live in rockland county Ny we have one of the highest rates of covid per capita in the country. More than 1 in 150 people have the virus.

I have not left my house in 14 days... well once to get a drive through covid test 7 days ago and that’s it.

I will not be leaving any time soon. I get groceries delivered why would I put myself or my family at risk

This^^^ Stay safe man! 

• Like 1

Doctors wanted to discharge her Friday. Assisted living would not take back being a positive patient. We opted to keep her in the hospital in islolation. Unfortunately her lungs are getting worse and is on oxygen. doctors cant explain it. Nobody has seen her in almost 25 days now. It's breaking her little heart and all of ours. We got her an Ipad that the aid is helping her with so we can see each other when calling. Prayers needed please!
Prayers sent

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, corydd7 said:

Wow my mom just called me, her best friend just died and it's believed the virus is the cause. She was in her 50s no underlying disease. Location is Orange County. My mom is all broken up, sucks to here her so upset.

Very sorry to hear that Cory.

DeBlasio likes to blast the fed about his ventilators and PPE but I dont think its Monday morning quarterbacking to suggest the wealthiest city in the world with 9 million people on a seven mile island should have more supplies on hand. Not after SARs, H1N1, Swine Flu et al in the very recent past.

On Sunday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio also said such restrictions were not helpful but added it wasn't his primary concern.

"The only comment I have on it is we’ve got to be mindful of families that at this crucial moment want to reunite, whether that means families coming back to New York or leaving New York to go to another place where they’re based," he said, adding: "A travel advisory isn’t something I’m going to fixate on. ... I want to know when we’re going to get the ventilators, the PPEs [personal protective equipment] and the doctors and the nurses to save lives here in New York."

Edited by The_Real_TCIII