Corona Virus Thread

Governor Andrew Cuomo today:

"We are creating a Central Coordinating Team led by the State Department of Health. It will organize upstate-to-downstate staffing needs. It will organize patient transfers between hospitals."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

I just got back from groceries as well. Here, no paper, Clorox or pasta. Plenty of Hawaiian pizza. 

First time in public in 12 days. It was like we all had invisible bumpers on and as we contorted our way down the aisles. Half the people in masks.  

I really was at a loss as to the safest protocol in buying, bagging and disinfecting. My cloth bags or their plastic ones? Disinfect the car after loading? How best to disinfect the food? I wiped everything down, showered, changed and now the food is sitting on the back porch for a few hours. 

I may be losing my mind. 

• Like 1

Why would you get tested if you don't have any symptoms?  I though a doctor had to recommend getting tested.  With so few tests out there and an overwhelmed system, testing should not be casual.

I did have symptoms they came and went in 3 days and my mother is also covid positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

How is your mom Chef?

She is doing well thank you. She is 70 and first started experiencing symptoms 18 days ago. She is home and for the most part better. She still has a slight cough and is often tired but other than that she is doing well.

I will say she has no idea how she got it. She is the librarian at a middle school in the Bronx and almost 1/3 of her students live in homeless shelters so who knows

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

She is doing well thank you. She is 70 and first started experiencing symptoms 18 days ago. She is home and for the most part better. She still has a slight cough and is often tired but other than that she is doing well.

I will say she has no idea how she got it. She is the librarian at a middle school in the Bronx and almost 1/3 of her students live in homeless shelters so who knows

Homeless shelters are a hot bed for this virus.  A bunch of people with no medical care and most likely with predisposed conditions packed together in close quarters.

One conspiracy theory I heard points out the fact that this virus is most dangerous towards the sick, elderly, and homeless but almost have absolutely no effect kids makes to seem like it had to be engineered.  It's too precise.  Not my opinion but something I heard.

• Like 1

Homeless shelters are a hot bed for this virus.  A bunch of people with no medical care and most likely with predisposed conditions packed together in close quarters.
One conspiracy theory I heard points out the fact that this virus is most dangerous towards the sick, elderly, and homeless but almost have absolutely no effect kids makes to seem like it had to be engineered.  It's too precise.  Not my opinion but something I heard.

It makes a lot of sense I mean come on isn’t the Chinese biological weapons facility like 30 miles from wuhan

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

It makes a lot of sense I mean come on isn’t the Chinese biological weapons facility like 30 miles from wuhan

I doubt a country who's government even controls their internet would ever review the true locations of their weapons facilities let alone biological but the theories doesn't certain make you go...hmmm....

NUMBERS UP

Deaths from the coronavirus continued to climb steeply in New York, topping 1,500 by Tuesday, according to Cuomo. The number of deaths, which includes the first fatality of a person under 18 years old, jumped by more than 300 from Monday. The New York City region continues to be a hotspot for the virus, accounting for the lion’s share of the state’s 75,795 confirmed cases.

The outbreak hit close to home for the governor, who spoke of his brother and “best friend,” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, testing positive for the disease.

Hate to break it to you guys but Elvis is dead and corona is not manufactured.

The virus did not come from a lab

While there remain many questions about the trajectory of the COVID-19 disease outbreak, one thing is broadly accepted in the scientific community: The virus was not created in a lab but naturally evolved in an animal host. 

SARS-CoV-2’s genomic molecular structure – think the backbone of the virus – is closest to a coronavirus found in bats. Parts of its structure also resemble a virus found in scaly anteaters, according to a paper published earlier this month in the journal Nature Medicine.

Someone manufacturing a virus targeting people would have started with one that attacked humans, wrote National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins in an editorial that accompanied the paper.

Andersen was lead author on the paper. He said it could have been a one-time occurrence.

“It’s possible it was a single event, from a single animal to a single human,” and spread from there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

Governor Andrew Cuomo today:

"We are creating a Central Coordinating Team led by the State Department of Health. It will organize upstate-to-downstate staffing needs. It will organize patient transfers between hospitals."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

There are no extra people. He’s on the same shit Trump is on lol. 

Agencies are offering 6K a week for Respiratory Therapist to go down to NYC. 

Non Covid patients were supposed to be the only ones transferred, we’ll see how long that lasts before it’s anything goes. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Hate to break it to you guys but Elvis is dead and corona is not manufactured.

The virus did not come from a lab

While there remain many questions about the trajectory of the COVID-19 disease outbreak, one thing is broadly accepted in the scientific community: The virus was not created in a lab but naturally evolved in an animal host. 

SARS-CoV-2’s genomic molecular structure – think the backbone of the virus – is closest to a coronavirus found in bats. Parts of its structure also resemble a virus found in scaly anteaters, according to a paper published earlier this month in the journal Nature Medicine.

Someone manufacturing a virus targeting people would have started with one that attacked humans, wrote National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins in an editorial that accompanied the paper.

Andersen was lead author on the paper. He said it could have been a one-time occurrence.

“It’s possible it was a single event, from a single animal to a single human,” and spread from there. 

Man, can't we have a little bit of fun?

There are no extra people. He’s on the same shit Trump is on lol. 

Agencies are offering 6K a week for Respiratory Therapist to go down to NYC. 

Non Covid patients were supposed to be the only ones transferred, we’ll see how long that lasts before it’s anything goes. 

That number is low mt Sinai in Brooklyn is offering nurses 100 an hour

4 hours ago, left field said:

I just got back from groceries as well. Here, no paper, Clorox or pasta. Plenty of Hawaiian pizza. 

First time in public in 12 days. It was like we all had invisible bumpers on and as we contorted our way down the aisles. Half the people in masks.  

I really was at a loss as to the safest protocol in buying, bagging and disinfecting. My cloth bags or their plastic ones? Disinfect the car after loading? How best to disinfect the food? I wiped everything down, showered, changed and now the food is sitting on the back porch for a few hours. 

I may be losing my mind. 

I had the same problem today mailing a package at the post office ,they clearly had spots marked out for us to stand but the guy working the counter saw my box was already labeled and told me to just leave it on the counter which meant I had to almost brush into people to get to the counter .

I saw some of the videos  from China.  This virus  isn't just killing the old . I watched as they placed 3  children in a body bag together . It is very sad . These number are going to get higher and higher because people are to stupid to stay home . This young kids think it is fun to go around licking stuff hoping others get it.

Westchester News Reporters Drove by a huge Rockland testing site in Harriman state park each day and it was near empty each day. Nobody going to get tested lol

My buddy Eric who you met works at the site, they are testing it is just by appointment only and they space it out intentionally to cut down on the density

• Like 1