Corona Virus Thread

3 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I get people dont like him but you are really trying to nit pick of your upset that he is drinking dunkin donuts and smiling.  Thats why im not sure if you are trolling or serious.   Dunkin donuts, like every food establishment, is open.   You either go to drive thru or you can walk in and walk out with your order.  And smiling is a normal human emotion.  Im just not equating smiling and drinking coffee to the severity of the situation. 

I'll make fun of anyone I see I drinking coffee regardless of the establishment.  That stuff is nasty .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NonTypical said:

Out of all of the DD’s here on Long Island, and there are al lot of them, there is only 1 that I know of that has a drive thru. I didn’t think that was too common. I guess he hit the drive thru then. Still probably not a good idea with social distancing. 

The DD's by me are all open even without drive through.  I still go there everyday to grab my coffee.  They all removed their chairs so people can't sit.  They place a table in front of the counter so you can't get up close to the cashier.  They place tape on the floor 6 feet apart so people waiting in line wait 6 feet apart from each other.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JimR said:

Think of this as a public service ad, I am not posting this looking for accolades, please don’t bother

You may not want them but you and the many others stepping up to the challenge deserve them for sure. I wish you the best and can only hope people start taking this serious and follow your advise....Stay Safe.

Looks like the Buffalo/Erie county is becoming a hot spot with cases increasing every day.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JimR said:

Think of this as a public service ad, I am not posting this looking for accolades, please don’t bother. I just feel the need to get this out to people after the last couple days. I am a Respiratory Therapist,  I run the highly sought after ventilator.. I volunteered to come to NYC for two weeks to help out , working in a hospital that’s part of the system I work for in Buffalo. In 30 years of working with sick patients I have never seen so many people be so sick. Not just old and infirm, some young and strong, it does not matter. This thing is real, not hype, not fake news. It is not worth taking chances with. Please, follow the recommendations, don’t help spread this. I know being home and bored sucks, trust me there’s things that suck a lot more if this beast gets a good hold on you. Stay safe. Stay out of ICU.

like it or not we are rooting for ya!  Good luck and thanks 

30 minutes ago, Elmo said:

The DD's by me are all open even without drive through.  I still go there everyday to grab my coffee.  They all removed their chairs so people can't sit.  They place a table in front of the counter so you can't get up close to the cashier.  They place tape on the floor 6 feet apart so people waiting in line wait 6 feet apart from each other.

DD vs Covid, I cant decide...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, diplomat019 said:

I get people dont like him but you are really trying to nit pick of your upset that he is drinking dunkin donuts and smiling.  Thats why im not sure if you are trolling or serious.   Dunkin donuts, like every food establishment, is open.   You either go to drive thru or you can walk in and walk out with your order.  And smiling is a normal human emotion.  Im just not equating smiling and drinking coffee to the severity of the situation. 

I guess the point that I’m trying to make is how would the left feel if Trump walked out with a shit eating grin holding a cup of DD?1F50D966-0516-4355-8014-5F441FA04559.thumb.png.514973468670c5d792d09ce22328f73f.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I guess the point that I’m trying to make is how would the left feel if Trump walked out with a shit eating grin holding a cup of DD?1F50D966-0516-4355-8014-5F441FA04559.thumb.png.514973468670c5d792d09ce22328f73f.png

Probably the same way we all should have felt a few weeks ago when he was telling us that the coronavirus was 'all under control' and would 'just go away on it's own' and was a hoax created by Democrats and the media.

• Like 2

Probably the same way we all should have felt a few weeks ago when he was telling us that the coronavirus was 'all under control' and would 'just go away on it's own' and was a hoax created by Democrats and the media.

When that comment was made almost nothing was known about the virus.

Let’s face it, the man could produce a cure and the dems would condemn him for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

When that comment was made almost nothing was known about the virus.

Let’s face it, the man could produce a cure and the dems would condemn him for it.

“It’s very mild,” he told Hannity on March 4. On March 7, he said, “I’m not concerned at all.” On March 10, he promised: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

36 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

I get what you are trying to say.  Idk your political alignment, but I don't think the same sentiments would be said about Trump if there was a picture of him smiling and drinking coffee.  Just my opinion (and I know what they say about opinions and a**holes lol).  Im sure if we all go back and look at every one of Trumps speeches and pictures taken of him since the virus has hit the US we could find stuff of him smiling and laughing.  I'm sure I'll be labeled as some "King Andy Fanboy" but this isn't something that should be on the radar.  Smiling and drinking coffee when every person does that daily isn't something to point out as an "look at this, he doesn't care" moment.  

I don’t usually step in on politics, so I won’t. However I will comment on the current regime. Trump did drop the ball in the beginning. That’s obvious to everyone if you like or hate him. But he’s been gaining ground and working it pretty well recently. Cuomo is so full of double talk it’s not even funny. Both of them screwed up and continue to do so by not implementing more draconian measures, my opinion.  Cuomo said we are not wuhan China. But yet we face an identical threat. Him and trump handled it much different and did not pay attention to lessons learned overseas. I liken it to pay now, or pay double later. We are paying double..,

• Like 1

I'm curious if there was a Democrat in the White House how much the media coverage would change ,everyday would be an announcement about how the president did this or that to help so and so and fight the spread of the virus. You can't convince me the coverage would be the same . I'm thankful I have the ability in my brain to not just accept what the media spit out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious if there was a Democrat in the White House how much the media coverage would change ,everyday would be an announcement about how the president did this or that to help so and so and fight the spread of the virus. You can't convince me the coverage would be the same . I'm thankful I have the ability in my brain to not just accept what the media spit out.

It wouldn’t even be close! They would be churching up how good of a job they were doing if they were doing the exact same things Trump has done.

As a “Democrat” I can honestly say that the media was the driving force that drove me from my party. Honestly that’s the biggest problem I have with anyone on the left. If they aren’t smart enough to realize they are being played then there is no help for them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Your 100 percent right although this virus is 100 percent real and a few weeks I thought it was complete joke...