Corona Virus Thread

With only 3500 cases compared to NY states 83,000 plus Russia seems to have a plan.

1. Russia confirmed 771 new coronavirus infections on Thursday, bringing the country’s official number of cases up to 3,548 and marking a record one-day increase in infections.

2. President Vladimir Putin announced an extension of the nationwide “non-working week” until April 30 after the country registered a sharp increase in coronavirus cases on Thursday. Speaking in a televised address, he added that he would delegate the decision making power on anti-coronavirus measures to regional authorities given the regional differences in infection rates.

3. Putin has signed legislation imposing severe punishment — including up to five years in prison — for people convicted of spreading false information about the coronavirus. The legislation also imposes punishments for people breaking coronavirus quarantine rules, including up to seven years in prison.

4. — Sobyanin signed a law imposing fines on Muscovites found to be violating the city's self-isolation orders. Individuals will be fined up to 4,000 rubles ($50) for first-time offenses and up to 5,000 rubles ($63) for repeat offenses. Businesses will be fined up to 40,000 rubles ($500) for violating the order. Legal entities will be fined up to 300,000 rubles ($3,800) for first-time offenses and up to 500,000 rubles ($6,300) for repeat offenses.

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm curious if there was a Democrat in the White House how much the media coverage would change ,everyday would be an announcement about how the president did this or that to help so and so and fight the spread of the virus. You can't convince me the coverage would be the same . I'm thankful I have the ability in my brain to not just accept what the media spit out.

My guess is that any other president - Democrat, Republican, Independent - would have handled this much differently and by-the-crisis book.  

It’s not unfair or “nasty” for the press to call a president out on his words and actions. Trump is literally his own worst enemy. 

• Like 1

My guess is that any other president - Democrat, Republican, Independent - would have handled this much differently and by-the-crisis book.  
It’s not unfair or “nasty” for the press to call a president out on his words and actions. Trump is literally his own worst enemy. 

This is a joke right? Remember what happened with Trumps proposed travel ban back in January? He attempted to get ahead of it and got called a racist. Then he tried down playing it then the left says he’s responsible for the deaths.

I’m not defending the guy he’s far from my favorite president but I think he’s doing a very good job with what he has to deal with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, left field said:

DeBlasio was passing out free passes to the Wuhan Waterpark as recently as a week ago, its no wonder hes been pretty quiet

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Did anybody else see the news about  new outbreak of covid 19 just north of the first outbreak in China? 

No.. but can you give me a link? I’ll work on verification and get some info from overseas. 

You can't get the corona virus by eating chinese food.  I think you're mistaking it for the shit-a-ton-a virus. 

That post was from forever ago and was only a bit of levity. I have not, however, eaten Chinese food but for different reasons. The one I like is closed.

9 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

That post was from forever ago and was only a bit of levity. I have not, however, eaten Chinese food but for different reasons. The one I like is closed.

I love chinese food.  Specifically boneless spareribs. Perfectly cooked boneless spareribs are my kryptonite. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

This is a joke right? Remember what happened with Trumps proposed travel ban back in January? He attempted to get ahead of it and got called a racist. Then he tried down playing it then the left says he’s responsible for the deaths.

I’m not defending the guy he’s far from my favorite president but I think he’s doing a very good job with what he has to deal with!

Yes, it is a joke. Here’s two more:

NYC paramedics have stopped bringing cardiac arrest victims to the emergency ward to be revived. If they can’t revive you on the spot ... DOA. 

Trump boasted last night that he’s number one on Facebook. 

I find it wholly offensive, self-serving and irresponsible for any politician to point fingers at the administration in a time like this. This is an unprecedented situation and everyone is doing the best that they can under the circumstances. I wonder if Congress would have passed legislation during the last 10 years approving the provision of tens of thousands of respirators and PPE in the event of a future need? I seriously doubt it. We as a society have been blessed in the past with not having to worry about something like this because it was not reasonably foreseeable.  Our society has evolved into live for today and make sure there are enough handouts to satisfy the current needs and "entitlements"  In the past, those who worried about days like these were labeled doomsday freaks.  It is time everyone stops the bullsh--t, prays for each other and most importantly, abide by the simple guidelines available to us in the hopes of protecting themselves and each other. Unfortunately, our free society lends itself to selfish behavior at the expense of others.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I believe the Filipino police also shoot drug dealers on the spot too.  Probably keeps the incarceration rate much lower than the United States.

I served in a couple different foreign countries where you could be shot, lose your head or disappear!  

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3078010/chinese-county-goes-coronavirus-lockdown-country-tries-get-back

Chinese news paper in English talks about another location that has some cases. Also some info about number of deaths were covered up. Looking at numbers world wide, seems like serious lies coming out of China. 

Learned something tonight that I did not know that makes some sense out of the staying home social distancing criteria.

One could be exposed to the virus,  be immune to it,  become a carrier, and would be able to pass it on to others even though they never get sick or show any symptoms. When you think about it that is pretty scary.

Anyone of us could be unknowingly passing it on to others. Without the testing of each and every person how will they ever be able to contain the spread or be able to slow it down.

I guess if we don't stay home any one of us could be unknowingly contributing to the spread of this virus.

15 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Learned something tonight that I did not know that makes some sense out of the staying home social distancing criteria.

One could be exposed to the virus,  be immune to it,  become a carrier, and would be able to pass it on to others even though they never get sick or show any symptoms. When you think about it that is pretty scary.

Anyone of us could be unknowingly passing it on to others. Without the testing of each and every person how will they ever be able to contain the spread or be able to slow it down.

I guess if we don't stay home any one of us could be unknowingly contributing to the spread of this virus.

Are you the governor of Georgia ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1