Corona Virus Thread

I love chinese food.  Specifically boneless spareribs. Perfectly cooked boneless spareribs are my kryptonite. 

Same I get the combination and ask for a side of hot oil which I then pour all over them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Learned something tonight that I did not know that makes some sense out of the staying home social distancing criteria.
 One could be exposed to the virus,  be immune to it,  become a carrier, and would be able to pass it on to others even though they never get sick or show any symptoms. When you think about it that is pretty scary.
 Anyone of us could be unknowingly passing it on to others. Without the testing of each and every person how will they ever be able to contain the spread or be able to slow it down.
 I guess if we don't stay home any one of us could be unknowingly contributing to the spread of this virus.

You just learned this today? Where have you been for the past 3 weeks

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, cachemoney said:

Are you the governor of Georgia ?

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

You just learned this today? Where have you been for the past 3 weeks

I apologize for not being in the "know" like the rest of you. I did not realize a completely healthy person could pass it to another.

As far as where I've been...I have been here at home in the country where I should be.  I'm sure as hell not at Lowes in one of the most infected counties in the state buying fertilizer for my lawn or some other foolish thing I don't absolutely need.

• Like 3

67 deaths in Westchester with 11,567 cases. Of the 11,567 positive, ONLY about 3 percent are in the hospital. Death rate of 0.58%

Erie County 19 deaths out of 727 cases. Death rate of 2.61%.

This is very troubling, Erie!

8 hours ago, Elmo said:

Why US cases could have been much lower. People simply not following the rules even though other countries already shown what’s happening.

If you want to be depressed look at a South Korea vs US infection timeline. Different countries, populations and cultures, but very different responses. Damn. 

People still seem to be going to church in Florida with the governor’s approval. I’m sure  some of them consider this The Rapture.

Did you read about the CA engineer who derailed a train to block the USNS ship Mercy because he was suspicious of its purpose? 

And this beauty from Kushner: “The notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile. It’s not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use.”

I have to stop reading the news. 

• Like 2

Went to Sam's Club ( during Senior Time 7am-9am ) yesterday .... scored a 36 county Toilet Paper .... I feel like inviting all our friends over (one couple at a time) to just stop by and take a Victory Dump in celebration !  How sad is that !

Edited by GreeneHunter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

67 deaths in Westchester with 11,567 cases. Of the 11,567 positive, ONLY about 3 percent are in the hospital. Death rate of 0.58%

Those stats of Erie county distorted greatly. No tests available here. 

• Like 1

Went to Sam's Club ( during Senior Time 7am-9am ) yesterday .... scored a 36 county Toilet Paper .... I feel like inviting all our friends over (one couple at a time) to just stop by and take a Victory Dump in celebration !  How sad is that !

This is not a dig or attack and please don’t take it that way. For those of you still going shopping do they not offer home delivery or insta cart in your area ?

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Those stats of Erie county distorted greatly. No tests available here. 

I think he is teasing his wny possie because he has to understand way more folks were tested in bestchester as it was the first cluster in NY

this isn’t SteveD hiding under a rock it’s The Biz

Edited by OtiscoPaul

19 minutes ago, left field said:

If you want to be depressed look at a South Korea vs US infection timeline. Different countries, populations and cultures, but very different responses. Damn. 

People still seem to be going to church in Florida with the governor’s approval. I’m sure  some of them consider this The Rapture.

Did you read about the CA engineer who derailed a train to block the USNS ship Mercy because he was suspicious of its purpose? 

And this beauty from Kushner: “The notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile. It’s not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use.”

I would have loved it if someone would have asked him to explain 'our stockpile'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

This is not a dig or attack and please don’t take it that way. For those of you still going shopping do they not offer home delivery or insta cart in your area ?

It is like a 4 day wait for delivery by me...  If everyone got delivery it would not be possible...  If you go to the grocery store wearing a mask and gloves and with all the precautions hand sanitizer  and this thing is that contagious and we still get covid then all this  is a moot point....

Edited by cbyzerman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

We ordered from Wegmans last Thursday morning early. Delivery slated for late Tuesday night. Wife called Wegmans to check status and quoted were 2 weeks behind. Gotta call instacart that had 49 minute hold. Cancelled order. She went front lines and shopped Sunday morning. I wiped all that crap down with wipes before putting away. Some lady from spectrum news contacted me via our gripe and wanted to FaceTime interview.  I declined 

• Like 1

It is like a 4 day wait for delivery by me...  If everyone got delivery it would not be possible...  If you go to the grocery store wearing a mask and gloves and with all the precautions hand sanitizer  and this thing is that contagious and we still get covid then all this  is a moot point....

It’s a 4 day plus wait for everyone, for the most part. Just plan ahead be smart and flatten the curve

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, left field said:

I saw a church with about 20+ cars in the lot. I don’t even have a response for this. 

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

That sounds like a horrible idea , if I go to the store and back ,that is one trip into store . A delivery guy will spend way more time in public and around other people . Then he touches all your stuff and who knows if he is sneezing and coughing into his hand. The virus doesnt hide in the shadows and then jump you . Keep your distance and dont touch your face til you get home and disinfect. I've been spraying down packages and mail before bringing it in our house. We have specific shoes that only get worn to the store that dont come inside . A little planning goes a long way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The death rate percentage for Erie County is skewed.  We are not doing a lot of testing here.  There are so many more people out and about walking around that are positive and have not been tested.

Now I have to go back to work Monday morning and get put in the situation where I am not in control of who I am around and how close I am to them.  70 people in a small building, you can't stay socially distanced.  It is physically impossible.  Cant tell me these 70 people in that building dont go grocery shopping and hit up the Home Depot on their way home from work.  Another thing that just pisses me off is I am to be working on a project that is not deemed live saving... the other side of our business is but they get away with doing this crap.  Corporate greed at its finest, any loophole to make money.

Sorry for the little rant... people are either too stupid to do the right thing or they are too smart at finding just the right loophole to fuel their greed.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Dig a hole outside or designate a log! Lol. 

• Haha 1

That sounds like a horrible idea , if I go to the store and back ,that is one trip into store . A delivery guy will spend way more time in public and around other people . Then he touches all your stuff and who knows if he is sneezing and coughing into his hand. The virus doesnt hide in the shadows and then jump you . Keep your distance and dont touch your face til you get home and disinfect. I've been spraying down packages and mail before bringing it in our house. We have specific shoes that only get worn to the store that dont come inside . A little planning goes a long way.

Think about it this way, this is what I have been doing. Contactless delivery they leave outside. Wearing gloves I bring in the pieces one by one. My wife who is also wearing gloves sanitizes them and puts on the counter. When it is all completed we give another once over. Sanitize the counter and put them away.

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s a 4 day plus wait for everyone, for the most part. Just plan ahead be smart and flatten the curve

Did it once and they forgot like 5 items...  Guy got out of the truck and put everything on garage floor, no gloves, no mask, slobbering all over my shit.... You do it your way and I will do it mine....  If I get it with all the precautions I take, handling mail with gloves, dust mask and etc etc then a good majority will get it... I am not breaking any laws, and doing my part to flatten curve... You wanna sit inside for 2-4 months then thats your prerogative.... 

• Like 2

My wife and I both run large research laboratories at URMC. The research enterprise has been completely shuttered for two weeks now, and will be for the foreseeable future. Many of the research staff, including principle investigators, have volunteered to do whatever needs to be done on the hospital side when we hit the apex. Until then, they're not in the house - they're at home. The disruption is going to cause an disproportionate gap in productivity, since many projects have longitudinal components that can be years in the making. The University itself is going to experience a financial crisis the likes of which I can't even imagine. And yet nobody is complaining and nobody is touting the rules. Not bad for a bunch of liberal academics lol.

• Like 2