Corona Virus Thread

Daughters hospital has 22 covid pts on them and it’s increasing 5 per day and ( I’d wager that rate increases sharply  ) that’s not counting the other PTs on them . So today having  a number not in use , doesn’t mean they all won’t be needed here in a week . If they were truly “ extras “ , sure have some .

I plead guilty , I care most about my family , Co- workers , friends ,neighbors .

I’d like to have them available for folks here like my daughter who starting tomorrow it seems will be working directly with covid PTs, my former co workers on the FD,  my wife who’s over 65 and has lung issues , it’s as simple as that .

So the state will run out of them in six days ,  by taking “ ours “ it sure seems to me like he’s picking and choosing who lives . They’ll  all be in use in six days ,so we’re taking yours now ! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Daughters hospital has 22 covid pts on them and it’s increasing 5 per day and ( I’d wager that rate increases sharply  ) that’s not counting the other PTs on them . So today having  a number not in use , doesn’t mean they all won’t be needed here in a week . If they were truly “ extras “ , sure have some .

I plead guilty , I care most about my family , Co- workers , friends ,neighbors .

I’d like to have them available for folks here like my daughter who starting tomorrow it seems will be working directly with covid PTs, my former co workers on the FD,  my wife who’s over 65 and has lung issues , it’s as simple as that .

So the state will run out of them in six days ,  by taking “ ours “ it sure seems to me like he’s picking and choosing who lives . They’ll  all be in use in six days ,so we’re taking yours now ! 

Got to protect the voters who keep him in office ,its obvious the rest of the state cant stand the SOB . 

• Like 2

I hate to say it but it's a little bit of both. As Cuomo says NYS is testing more people per capita than any where else in the world. Yet here in WNY, Erie county specifically, our County Executive say's they don't have enough test kits nor can they get results back in a timely manor. He does not blame Cuomo or NYC but you can read between the lines. 
Now all of WNY's ventilators will get shipped to NYC where they are needed currently. What happens when in the next 2 weeks WNY needs those back but they are still in NYC being used? Do they pull them off the people using them and let them die? Do they tell the people in WNY tough shit we are using them?  

Listen I am in the NYC burbs and it took me 9 days to get my results back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Listen I am in the NYC burbs and it took me 9 days to get my results back

Key part of that sentence is you got a test. Here in Erie County we have been told for about a week now that unless we are a first responder don't expect to get tested. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

I predict several more pages of upstate vs downstate for this thread.

All i know is I wouldnt want to be the one to have to make the hard decisions that will need to be made.  Like this one and this here ....https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-ambulance-service-stretched-heart-attack-sufferers-left-home-2020-4

The good news is that Kushner ran the numbers and he doesn’t think NY needs as many ventilators as they predict. Feel better? 

The bad news is that if he’s wrong, we sure as hell aren’t getting any of his personal stash. 

The change in the emergency website from yesterday before Kushner’s admission and today. 

Only the best people.

DF622984-7E0C-415E-A0EE-EED6CB20012C.thumb.jpeg.8b074019e498dea204e5d3bb116b23ef.jpeg  

This is whOnly the best people. 

It’s so crazy locally at hospitals, that if you are a doctor and have a positive in your household but you are not positive you still come into hospital to work.

NYC is and should be the top priority of the WORLD right now. I hate the city, only go for my paycheck. However, you need business back ASAP for the world to continue. When that city is figured out, resources can go elsewhere. The rest of NYS is weeks if not a month behind us in terms of cases and the needs for resources.

It’s why patriots owner just donated millions to NY. Where are the owners of the Bills, Jets, Giants, knicks, etc?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It’s so crazy locally at hospitals, that if you are a doctor and have a positive in your household but you are not positive you still come into hospital to work.

NYC is and should be the top priority of the WORLD right now. I hate the city, only go for my paycheck. However, you need business back ASAP for the world to continue. When that city is figured out, resources can go elsewhere. The rest of NYS is weeks if not a month behind us in terms of cases and the needs for resources.

It’s why patriots owner just donated millions to NY. Where are the owners of the Bills, Jets, Giants, knicks, etc?

Dead people dont spend money 

Dead people dont spend money 

Their estates pay taxes, legal fees, etc. Magic Johnson made it through the AIDS pandemic, just like the wealthy will make it through this.

21 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The owners of the Bills donated $1.2 million locally to the WNY area. 

• Like 2

Easter is almost here Biz

My boss went into work this week. I may go in Monday. My brother in law finished his 14-day quarantine last week and has been at work everyday since.

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nice For what?

A snip it from a Buffalo News Article Below: 

The Pegulas said the money will go toward three main efforts, though they did not say precisely how the $1.2 million would be divided up:

• A contribution to the new Western New York Covid-19 Community Response Fund. It was formed on Tuesday by foundations including Ralph C. Wilson Jr., John R. Oishei, Wendt, M&T and others. A project of the United Way of Buffalo and Erie County and 17 other local foundations, it already has raised more than $4 million. The boards of both team foundations approved the allocations Wednesday.

• What is described as "a broad and ongoing commitment" to FeedMore WNY – formerly the Food Bank of WNY and Meals on Wheels for WNY – and the Rural Outreach Center in East Aurora. The organizations will use the aid to provide thousands of bags of groceries to underserved and out-of-work urban and rural families in this area.

• Unspecified support for first responders, hospital workers and nurses as well as badly needed supplies of protective and medical equipment.

• Like 1

My boss went into work this week. I may go in Monday. My brother in law finished his 14-day quarantine last week and has been at work everyday since.

I really want you to be right in your prediction but you said EVERYTHING back to normal. Easter is coming quick and I’m not sure we r gonna make it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491009-cuomo-order-new-york-commandeer-ventilators-protective-gear

Cuomo says the state will run out of ventilators in six days, then signed an executive order allowing him to seize them from upstate and bring to NYC .
He’s using the National Guard to move them, in case any of you upstaters get any ideas about where you fall in the hierarchy.

It’s sickening, The saddest part is that the D BAG will get re elected unless he decides not to run. Just look at everyone on here that’s been on his band wagon!

• Like 2

Erie County is having their press conference right now. It seems that after Cuomo said ventilators will be taken from upstate and shipped downstate. All Erie county hospitals have no extra ventilators they are ALL in use currently. Erie county does not track the hospitals use of ventilators so they are taking their word for it.

To paraphrase a famous quote - I'll give you my ventilator when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Erie County is having their press conference right now. It seems that after Cuomo said ventilators will be taken from upstate and shipped downstate. All Erie county hospitals have no extra ventilators they are ALL in use currently. Erie county does not track the hospitals use of ventilators so they are taking their word for it.

To paraphrase a famous quote - I'll give you my ventilator when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Will be interesting to see how that anti-Malaria drug is doing on those 1100 or so patients. If drug works, and is administered to the sick, that should take the pressure off the ventilator need. 

Cuomo should be investigated for not being prepared/minding the medical store in his state.  

17 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Will be interesting to see how that anti-Malaria drug is doing on those 1100 or so patients. If drug works, and is administered to the sick, that should take the pressure off the ventilator need. 

Cuomo should be investigated for not being prepared/minding the medical store in his state.  

"We're going substantially down, not up" and "One day, like a miracle, it will disappear"

Who should be investigated? Blame enough to go around, for sure. Lots of misinformation and failed understanding of the severity. We had an opportunity to learn from China and Italy. We did not learn. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Have they given the drug out?  I haven't heard too much on that as of late

Edited by diplomat019

I really want you to be right in your prediction but you said EVERYTHING back to normal. Easter is coming quick and I’m not sure we r gonna make it.

Everything is for me. Except my wife giving me a hard time about golfing with a newborn. Courses are open tho.