Corona Virus Thread

What's not real ? Cuomo  signed  executive  order to pull all  surplus ppe and unused  vents via national guard  and take it to the city hospitals . It was on local news and national  news tonight . He just signed  death warrant  for alot of upstate people.

• Like 3

If you want to be depressed look at a South Korea vs US infection timeline. Different countries, populations and cultures, but very different responses. Damn. 
People still seem to be going to church in Florida with the governor’s approval. I’m sure  some of them consider this The Rapture.
Did you read about the CA engineer who derailed a train to block the USNS ship Mercy because he was suspicious of its purpose? 
And this beauty from Kushner: “The notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile. It’s not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use.”
I have to stop reading the news. 

Incorrect about churches in Florida.

They are literally arresting people having services in south Florida.

I attend 2 different churches.

Ukrainian orthodox in which the priest came out and said "Stay home and pray", I will say mass for you.

The other a Roman catholic church and the priest advised strongly for us to stay home until at least may 15th, and to pray at home.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TACC said:

Incorrect about churches in Florida.

They are literally arresting people having services in south Florida.

I attend 2 different churches.

Ukrainian orthodox in which the priest came out and said "Stay home and pray", I will say mass for you.

The other a Roman catholic church and the priest advised strongly for us to stay home until at least may 15th, and to pray at home.

I saw with my own two eyes a parking lot filled with 20+ cars at a church in south florida.  I can only assume they were all inside.

What's not real ? Cuomo  signed  executive  order to pull all  surplus ppe and unused  vents via national guard  and take it to the city hospitals . It was on local news and national  news tonight . He just signed  death warrant  for alot of upstate people.

The picture of people on 2 train. Simple to look at their page and see it’s not there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just announced that Joe Biden supports President Trumps travel ban from China. What happened to his original statement that the ban was wrong and the President was racist and xenophobic for imposing this ban. Sleepy Joe must have forgot that he said it. 

I'm on lousy service right now and can't look it up but there was a minister all over the news who refused to close his megachurch. He was arrested, posted bail, then opened the church back up.

> Search just kicked in. He said he is closing his church this Sunday to protect his congregation. Not from the virus, but from the tyrannical government.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/490789-florida-megachurch-pastor-says-hes-closing-church-due-to-tyrannical-government

The 2 train is my train. It looks like that on any normal day. I doubt it looks like that now. I friend sent some pics last week of empty trains at Union Square. That said, a lot of essential people need to travel to work. How can they do so without the trains?

Cuomo is right. You send equipment and people to the front lines. When the line moves, you move the equipment. If NYC goes, the tri-state area goes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Those are not the votes he needs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TACC said:

And why won't Cuomo have Remington's 1 million square foot facility be used to make ventilators or other PPE equipment?

he doesn't have that power as a State only Feds have that. Trump used his ability to have GM make product but thats not the division of GM that makes cars. In addition behind closed doors they'll negotiate a price and that will be the $500 hammer kind. Thats how WW2 grew big corporations, look at the numbers.

And I'm not a Cuomo supporter, but in every press conference he begs for NY companies at gov't expense to employ and make product.

A former client of mine owns a fair sized garment business right in the city and was asked to change over to basic PPE production; the prick layed everyone off. He also tried to screw me on a final check ,what a giant azzhat. Was in on line article today.

he doesn't have that power as a State only Feds have that. Trump used his ability to have GM make product but thats not the division of GM that makes cars. In addition behind closed doors they'll negotiate a price and that will be the $500 hammer kind. Thats how WW2 grew big corporations, look at the numbers.
And I'm not a Cuomo supporter, but in every press conference he begs for NY companies at gov't expense to employ and make product.
A former client of mine owns a fair sized garment business right in the city and was asked to change over to basic PPE production; the prick layed everyone off. He also tried to screw me on a final check ,what a giant azzhat. Was in on line article today.
I hear what you are saying but there is a youtubr video from "Guns & Gadgets" that states Remington actually called the governor and offered their facility and he has not even replied to them.

This is what I am referring to.

I am not smart enough to load up, or embed the video here. I have asked another member here via pm to help out with this but he probably hadn't read his PM's yet.

38 minutes ago, TACC said:

I hear what you are saying but there is a youtubr video from "Guns & Gadgets" that states Remington actually called the governor and offered their facility and he has not even replied to them.

I am not smart enough to load up, or embed the video here. I have asked another member here via pm to help out with this but he probably hadn't read his PM's yet.

OK I'm going to be a  dick here, but listen to what the CEO actually says.......he says he'll "donate space for the manufacture of" and use his warehousing . He never says they will make the stuff. He also says he contacted Trump, but its easier just to blame Cuomo cause that gets folks to watch these you tube 2A dudes.

I get it, it sells great for Remington......but wheres the actual letter; if your so offended by not getting an answer show me what you actually offered. 

If I'm wrong I'm happy to eat crow and be a moron.

And I pulled that article out of this....

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2020/04/02/gov-andrew-cuomo-has-not-accepted-remingtons-offer-ppe-ventilators-n2566211

Sorry I just can't subject anyone to that 2a dude, 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 2

• Like 2

I'm on lousy service right now and can't look it up but there was a minister all over the news who refused to close his megachurch. He was arrested, posted bail, then opened the church back up.
> Search just kicked in. He said he is closing his church this Sunday to protect his congregation. Not from the virus, but from the tyrannical government.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/490789-florida-megachurch-pastor-says-hes-closing-church-due-to-tyrannical-government
The 2 train is my train. It looks like that on any normal day. I doubt it looks like that now. I friend sent some pics last week of empty trains at Union Square. That said, a lot of essential people need to travel to work. How can they do so without the trains?
Cuomo is right. You send equipment and people to the front lines. When the line moves, you move the equipment. If NYC goes, the tri-state area goes.

I know people who have told me they’ve personally been in packed trains and buses. I guess it all depends on what time you take it. Essential workers still go to work. de Blasio’s genius idea of reducing train services result in everyone waiting for that one train and packing into it. My BIL is an online pharmacist and work in midtown. He said F that! He convinced his company to expense a cab to and from work each day.

• Like 1

I know people who have told me they’ve personally been in packed trains and buses. I guess it all depends on what time you take it. Essential workers still go to work. de Blasio’s genius idea of reducing train services result in everyone waiting for that one train and packing into it. My BIL is an online pharmacist and work in midtown. He said F that! He convinced his company to expense a cab to and from work each day.

People outside of nyc don’t realize that tons of people (both healthcare and non healthcare) are still going to work each day. The majority of whom do not have cars in nyc, so it’s Uber/cab/mass trans.

5 hours ago, Elmo said:

I’m sure they can still get packed. We are providing car service for our doormen and porters to keep them safe. 

My cousin in finance was still going to the office up until yesterday. She has been walking five miles each way to work. 

Pics from her route.

Broadway and Broome:

C631D4C1-B36F-4E67-96D8-7F980A59F873.thumb.jpeg.e8ea3888d5f28ec16ca009c54ac78aec.jpeg

Madison Avenue:

FC2277D8-28B8-4773-AB61-22479C3D5CCF.thumb.jpeg.0e90924a47065887e15890dd98db4f97.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Why were we instructed to do that then?  Wash their hands too.

Are you not comprehending? 

6 feet is just one way to limit the chance of spread, expanding on that and using more precautions is better. Avoiding interaction all together is the best thing to do. 

• Like 1