Corona Virus Thread

Just saw on local news Walmart is going to only allow so many people at a time.  The rest have to wait outside and one goes in when one comes out.  A Walmart trip just turned to a 3 hour tour.  I will not go if I don't HAVE to.  

I did a supply run to the kwicky Mart in Sylvan beach when they opened this morn.  Only one in store.  I got what I just needed and got out. Will prob just rely on going there thru this as they have the basics.  

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

Just saw on local news Walmart is going to only allow so many people at a time.  The rest have to wait outside and one goes in when one comes out.  A Walmart trip just turned to a 3 hour tour.  I will not go if I don't HAVE to.  

I did a supply run to the kwicky Mart in Sylvan beach when they opened this morn.  Only one in store.  I got what I just needed and got out. Will prob just rely on going there thru this as they have the basics.  

Many stores are going to that model not just Walmart. Sadly, some will still not get it and will complain or find a way to be to close to the next guy. 

2 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Many stores are going to that model not just Walmart. Sadly, some will still not get it and will complain or find a way to be to close to the next guy. 

It's the general idiots that they have to do these things for.  People still going to Walmart just to get out and shop and paw thru the bins of $2 movies.  

We don't have a lot of stores around and everyone goes to Walmart. It's gonna be messy going there.  I will avoid it at all costs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Are you not comprehending? 

6 feet is just one way to limit the chance of spread, expanding on that and using more precautions is better. Avoiding interaction all together is the best thing to do. 

Well, then let's just lock down everything and keep everyone at home for 30 days and that will be the end of it, as well as the economy.  The point is, the govt is being selective about who is allowed to congregate and who is not.  

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It's the general idiots that they have to do these things for.  People still going to Walmart just to get out and shop and paw thru the bins of $2 movies.  

We don't have a lot of stores around and everyone goes to Walmart. It's gonna be messy going there.  I will avoid it at all costs.  

Same here, I can’t recall the last time I set foot in any store larger then the feed store honestly

Edited by Doewhacker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Well, then let's just lock down everything and keep everyone at home for 30 days and that will be the end of it, as well as the economy.  The point is, the govt is being selective about who is allowed to congregate and who is not.  

Hate to break it to you but the economy pales in importance to lives, and it’s already doomed by the way. Millions are out of work nation wide and companies are shutting down with no way to continue. 

There is no way to keep everyone home for 30 days or enforce such a rule. People need to take responsibility and stop pointing the finger or waiting for the government to tell them what to do. 

Edited by Doewhacker
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, left field said:

You guys will like this one. It’s anti-Cuomo, pro plastic bag and uses the word “liberal” a lot.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/welcome-back-plastic-bags/amp/

The issue here is that this data was all known prior to the plastic bag ban and the lawmakers were advised accordingly.  The decision they made was a political one, not an intelligent one based upon advantages and disadvantages.  Too bad the intelligent people were shouted down by special interests and called all sorts of names by extremists to get their way.  That should tell everyone their lawmakers are not writing laws that are good for the country.  They write laws that are good for votes.  What we are seeing today, is the death of common sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Hate to break it to you but the economy pales in importance to lives, and it’s already doomed by the way. Millions are out of work nation wide and companies are shutting down with no way to continue. 

There is no way to keep everyone home for 30 days or enforce such a rule. People need to take responsibility and stop pointing the finger or waiting for the government to tell what to do. 

I don't hate telling you the economy is what keeps people alive.  There is a certain amount of risk involved in living.  Besides, the suicide rate is climbing very rapidly right now, probably exceeding the virus death rate, but the main stream media isn't reporting on that.  Is the cure worse than the virus?  If the economy is already doomed, which it isn't, why bother saving a few sick lives if more people will die from starvation and suicide afterwards?

I don't think a 30 shutdown is a good idea.  That was sarcasm.

Everything the government does, sucks.  People need to stop allowing the government to control everything and start telling the government what to do.

9 minutes ago, Rattler said:

The issue here is that this data was all known prior to the plastic bag ban and the lawmakers were advised accordingly.  The decision they made was a political one, not an intelligent one based upon advantages and disadvantages.  Too bad the intelligent people were shouted down by special interests and called all sorts of names by extremists to get their way.  That should tell everyone their lawmakers are not writing laws that are good for the country.  They write laws that are good for votes.  What we are seeing today, is the death of common sense.

Perhaps this whole thing was it orchestrated by big plastics? Those bastards. 

1 minute ago, Rattler said:

I don't hate telling you the economy is what keeps people alive.  There is a certain amount of risk involved in living.  Besides, the suicide rate is climbing very rapidly right now, probably exceeding the virus death rate, but the main stream media isn't reporting on that.  Is the cure worse than the virus?  If the economy is already doomed, which it isn't, why bother saving a few sick lives if more people will die from starvation and suicide afterwards?

Can you point to an actual verifiable study that shows suicide rates are “climbing very rapidly” and “probably exceeding the virus death rate” in the last, let’s say, six weeks? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

There is no way to keep everyone home for 30 days or enforce such a rule. People need to take responsibility and stop pointing the finger or waiting for the government to tell them what to do. 

Why dont we stop driving cars and walk or go back to horse and buggy... That would save millions of lives.....  The economy is our lives........   GET REAL

4 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I don't think a 30 shutdown is a good idea.  That was sarcasm.

Everything the government does, sucks.  People need to stop allowing the government to control everything and start telling the government what to do.

We already bit the bullet on shutting down businesses, etc. I dont think we are going to be half pregnant on this matter.  Economy already took a hit.  So we dove in head first with the shelter in place to really try and curb this.   To back out before we have seen it through would be foolish. We either could have kept america running as usual or do what we are doing.  And we did the right thing imo. 

Also, as far as telling the government what to do. I resonate with that statement.  Maybe not to your levels tho.   But we aren’t scientists and dr’s.  We are taking the advice of professionals.  Just cause you read something somewhere or you have the arrogance to buck the system at every cost doesn't mean it’s right. Dr. Fauci seems to be pretty level headed and gives factual advice. America isnt a rogue nation where people do whatever they want.  Law and order rules and that is why we are the best  

Lastly. I think Donald Trump cares more about the economy more than anyone can think. So for him to essentially shut it down and take a huge hit, means there is something behind this that we should take seriously. If he willing to sacrifice probably his greatest achievement as president then you have to believe this is for real and take the advice given.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

We already bit the bullet on shutting down businesses, etc. I dont think we are going to be half pregnant on this matter.  Economy already took a hit.  So we dove in head first with the shelter in place to really try and curb this.   To back out before we have seen it through would be foolish. We either could have kept america running as usual or do what we are doing.  And we did the right thing imo. 

Also, as far as telling the government what to do. I resonate with that statement.  Maybe not to your levels tho.   But we aren’t scientists and dr’s.  We are taking the advice of professionals.  Just cause you read something somewhere or you have the arrogance to buck the system at every cost doesn't mean it’s right. Dr. Fauci seems to be pretty level headed and gives factual advice. America isnt a rogue nation where people do whatever they want.  Law and order rules and that is why we are the best  

Lastly. I think Donald Trump cares more about the economy more than anyone can think. So for him to essentially shut it down and take a huge hit, means there is something behind this that we should take seriously. If he willing to sacrifice probably his greatest achievement as president then you have to believe this is for real and take the advice given.  

I agree but there are actually fools that want to shut down till october....  That can not happen unless we are under attack of aliens or some shit.... We would never recover from that... EVER 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

I agree but there are actually fools that want to shut down till october....  That can not happen unless we are under attack of aliens or some shit.... We would never recover from that... EVER 

I agree.  At some point a decision will be made where the economy needs to be put back to work.  I think once we get our hospitals geared up and a vaccine/medicine is in place we can get rolling again. The daily news had article that showed predictions of when the peak would hit in every state. NY peak should be next week. Hopefully it plateaus and then starts declining.  Its on the individual to do the right thing to curb this as well.   Time will tell

• Like 1

There are a large amount of businesses that are still going strong thankfully, they are the only thing keeping the country alive. 
Correct because the Fl AG advised him he is going to get slammed in court if he tries to enforce the old order.

Supposedly the original order had one pastor arrested, but they have not dropped the charges as of yet. They are ramping up for this court case.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Steve D said:

You should be fine on $1100 a week for 39 weeks.

Yea. Not  worried for myself. I will make more staying home than working. Luckily, I'm not one of those that lives paycheck to paycheck. I'm good to go either way. As long as I have work after next falls hunting season.;)