Corona Virus Thread

Westchester County just got 10,000 masks from a local Chinese businessman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope there not out of the same batch of test kits that was sent to the UK, which were already testing positive for the virus before they were even used.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I will make more staying home than working. Luckily, I'm not one of those that lives paycheck to paycheck

That will be the same for a lot of people. Some will be doubling their current income and with the ability to collect for over 9 months I can't help but wonder what will be the incentive to go back to work.:scratchhead:

10 minutes ago, Steve D said:

That will be the same for a lot of people. Some will be doubling their current income and with the ability to collect for over 9 months I can't help but wonder what will be the incentive to go back to work.:scratchhead:

I agree. I think it's a bit ridiculous..A few weeks back before the mandatory no work orders. We were offered a voluntary  layoff if we didnt feel comfortable working . A couple of my guys (laborers) jumped all over it.... I dont expect them to be calling and  asking about when we are starting back up again. 

43 minutes ago, ncountry said:

I agree. I think it's a bit ridiculous..A few weeks back before the mandatory no work orders. We were offered a voluntary  layoff if we didnt feel comfortable working . A couple of my guys (laborers) jumped all over it.... I dont expect them to be calling and  asking about when we are starting back up again. 

From what I hear is you could stop there unemployment when work resumes and they would rather collect unemployment...  Isnt that the way it works with union employees when they get laid off from time to time?  

3 hours ago, ncountry said:

Well, yesterday was my last day of work for who knows ? I will see how this unemployment works.. I hear the crappie are starting to bite in a few places. I'm going to be on em..lol

Good Luck to you !  I'm not in a position to get laid - off but am wondering , what is the length of time a person has to work before being eligible to collect Unemployment here in NYS ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Good Luck to you !  I'm not in a position to get laid - off but am wondering , what is the length of time a person has to work before being eligible to collect Unemployment here in NYS ?

I believe you use to have had worked for 20 weeks in order to collect. Right now with covid 19 if you didn't work before but were offered a job and couldn't start that job because of the virus you are eligible for unemployment.  At least that's how I'm reading it.

Edited by Red

1 hour ago, cbyzerman said:

From what I hear is you could stop there unemployment when work resumes and they would rather collect unemployment...  Isnt that the way it works with union employees when they get laid off from time to time?  

Not sure how it will work during all this. I believe you are  correct .

Out wandering the woods again.. Looks like someone else likes this spot also. Overlooking a hardwoods swamp with an island out about a 100 yds.. Sitting on the rocks now debating whether I can make it to the island without getting wet.

20200404_142253.jpg

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Biden finally admitted the Don did the right thing stopping the flights. While dealing with fake impeachment. What a performance!

Arnt him and his kid being investigated for some shenanigans with the Ukraine currently ,perfect time for all the spot light to be on something else.

• Like 1

Arnt him and his kid being investigated for some shenanigans with the Ukraine currently ,perfect time for all the spot light to be on something else.

Great point. If Trump’s kids were junkies or getting in trouble, the media would never let it go. Have to respect the fact that they stayed out of trouble. If my dad was a billionaire, I would have been in a lot of trouble

• Like 1

Everything is for me. Except my wife giving me a hard time about golfing with a newborn. Courses are open tho.

So...Monday will be 2 weeks I am home and I was just informed my department got downsized (eliminated). Now I need a job. SMH
I really want this to be over soon.

• Sad 2

So...Monday will be 2 weeks I am home and I was just informed my department got downsized (eliminated). Now I need a job. SMH

Sucks. I know a ton of people not getting paid right now.

9 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Sorry to hear that. This is affecting alot of people in ways that are not even fully realized yet. At least the unemployment $ amount is raised.

I had a sweet part time job lined up which disintegrated when this happened. Otherwise self employed and can't get unemployment.

Stay healthy and it works out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DDT said:

Sorry to hear that. This is affecting alot of people in ways that are not even fully realized yet. At least the unemployment $ amount is raised.

I had a sweet part time job lined up which disintegrated when this happened. Otherwise self employed and can't get unemployment.

Keep you eyes on the program.. Self employed are supposed to be able to draw 1/2 the states average unemployment + the $600 a week.. States, and I'm sure NY have not figure out how to implement this yet.. 1-2 weeks I hear.

• Like 1

Here's what I can't get my head around.  So the pics of the overwhelmed hospitals and trailers that are used as morgues..... Yet they say the regular flu kills far more people??? Then why is there so much obvious pressure on the entire medical community now? And why then isn't this a normal sight if the flu kills so many more. What am I missing? Are the regular flu numbers incorrect as the flu is mostly a seasonal issue so there isn't a spread of those numbers across the entire year.  

21 minutes ago, DDT said:

I don’t know what your self-employment is, BUT, You may be eligible for the $10,000 Disaster Relief GRANT (not a loan), and you may be eligible for the Payroll Protection Program.  Contact your Bank or lender, or a CPA. They will be able to tell you what you can apply for, in addition to unemployment.  No harm in making some phone calls to find out!