Corona Virus Thread

If trump put our country on lock down a month or 2 ago before anyone knew what was coming there would have been wide spread resistance against the government!

If he did it today it would be completely deferent but to do it months ago when no one knew what was coming it absolutely would have happened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why hasn’t he done it? Why are states still not staying at home. Fauci says it, the surgeon general says it and he does nothing.

Just now, Chef said:

So why hasn’t he done it? Why are states still not staying at home. Fauci says it, the surgeon general says it and he does nothing.

The POTUS cannot do it.  The Constitution doesn't give him the authority.  Ask the state Governors who haven't done it?  Hello Cuomo?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rattler said:

Who's FBI is it?  The POTUS can't fire anyone without Democrats suing him and calling for impeachment.  Let's see if we can find who heads the CDC and if he's a registered Democrat, shall we?

Trump is the head executive he has hired and fired at every level...he also sidelined the CDC the same time they started publicly talking about shutdown in late Feb

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

It’s been proven, the reason it didn’t get so bad there was early wide spread testing and isolation of the sick. They were on it super early and took Control.

Close... I keep saying draconian measures.  Total lock downs. Not suggested stay at home. This was enforced at all levels. People took it seRiously. Enforcement was key.  Nobody took it seriously until to late here. Some still are not. This is the difference. 

22 minutes ago, Belo said:

lol like taking the supplies from upstate so that when it spreads to us for our peak (his exact words), we're screwed. Yeah that's handling things really well, because he doesn't and has never given a f about the rest of the state. 

You just showed the “under-reported” chart...

If things do indeed level off (as we all hope) then it seems that no one will have been shorted their vents...

If it does level off without anyone losing access to vents and they were able to use them at the peak downstate then I would argue that’s a success 

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Close... I keep saying draconian measures.  Total lock downs. Not suggested stay at home. This was enforced at all levels. People took it seRiously. Enforcement was key.  Nobody took it seriously until to late here. Some still are not. This is the difference. 

Starts from the top down Al...including the process of circumventing clinical trial requirements for test production but then retroactively using data as a clinical trial to fix issues

And the main reason the S Koreans were compliant is because they understood that this wasn’t just the flu and that quarantine was for their safety not “a hoax”

Again no one in the west was good at this...we will probably be better at it next time 

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:
2 hours ago, Chef said:

It’s been proven, the reason it didn’t get so bad there was early wide spread testing and isolation of the sick. They were on it super early and took Control.

Close... I keep saying draconian measures.  Total lock downs. Not suggested stay at home. This was enforced at all levels. People took it seRiously. Enforcement was key.  Nobody took it seriously until to late here. "Some still are not. This is the difference." 

I went out for the first time in a month to get a load of hay, some feed and a few food items, I thought traffic would be light and the stores like ghost towns, Wrong!  More traffic than usual and folks were out in full force, parking lots full, looked more like the Christmas holidays. Families with kids in tow having a grand time wandering the stores, other than a couple of dozen folks wearing face masks the stay at home order appears to be not taken very seriously. If people can not behave now I can imagine how successful a stay at home order would have been a couple of months ago, not very!

Until there is an effective vaccine I do not see this virus going away anytime soon.

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

I went out for the first time in a month to get a load of hay, some feed and a few food items, I thought traffic would be light and the stores like ghost towns, Wrong!  More traffic than usual and folks were out in full force, parking lots full, looked more like the Christmas holidays. Families with kids in tow having a grand time wandering the stores, other than a couple of dozen folks wearing face masks the stay at home order appears to be not taken very seriously. If people can not behave now I can imagine how successful a stay at home order would have been a couple of months ago, not very!
Until there is an effective vaccine I do not see this virus going away anytime soon.

X2

Just now, squirrelwhisperer said:

X2

Agreed. It would be up to law enforcement and government to enforce. Tickets and speeches drilling in the fact if you go out you will be heavily fined. The money that is coming in... if you are caught out and about no free money. Response may have been different in that situation. But this is my bitch with trump and Cuomo for not taking stronger measures.  I’m not usually one for heavy handed government. But this time it made sense.  Seems this is not a popular viewpoint. 

Agreed. It would be up to law enforcement and government to enforce. Tickets and speeches drilling in the fact if you go out you will be heavily fined. The money that is coming in... if you are caught out and about no free money. Response may have been different in that situation. But this is my bitch with trump and Cuomo for not taking stronger measures.  I’m not usually one for heavy handed government. But this time it made sense.  Seems this is not a popular viewpoint. 

But how? How are you going to do that? Are you going to tell people that they can’t go get formula for their baby’s? Because if you can than everyone will be out and if they’re stopped it’s to get “essentials.” What are the cops going to do follow them to their house and if they have a over 6 eggs and a half gallon of milk then ticket them? What you’re proposing sounds awesome but it’s 100% impossible.

The responsibility for all of this has to fall on the citizens. As a citizen you cannot be dependent on the government. You also can’t blame the government for everything happening in your life.

• Like 2

not a lot of coverage about this, because honestly we should be worried the idiots of the world take this as a sign that it's gone. Social distancing is the reason it's flattening and nothing else. We need a cure, vaccine or for it to somehow die for this to be over. 
Like your optimism, but please don't be foolish. 

Lock it up (this thread)deaths are slowing and biz in Europe is ramping up. Market is turning. As quick as this came, is as quick as it will be gone soon

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Lock it up (this thread)deaths are slowing and biz in Europe is ramping up. Market is turning. As quick as this came, is as quick as it will be gone soon

You definitely have the most appropriate handle of this entire forum

• Like 2

But how? How are you going to do that? Are you going to tell people that they can’t go get formula for their baby’s? Because if you can than everyone will be out and if they’re stopped it’s to get “essentials.” What are the cops going to do follow them to their house and if they have a over 6 eggs and a half gallon of milk then ticket them? What you’re proposing sounds awesome but it’s 100% impossible.

The responsibility for all of this has to fall on the citizens. As a citizen you cannot be dependent on the government. You also can’t blame the government for everything happening in your life.

Didn’t think about that. Thanks BM

Almost comical ain't it? But I do not put any blame on her, Cuomo, DeBlasio, Trump or the CDC because regardless what the armchair medical quarterbacks are spewing these days for political gains, "NOBODY" had a clue this deal was going to be this bad.

The blame rests on the Chinese government, instead of covering this mess up, they should have stood tall and warned the world the serious potential and consequences this virus has right from the get-go!

They have not learned anything, they are still lying today.

Al

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

He also says federal agencies were to blame for not ordering supplies earlier.  How many are headed by Obama appointees and are registered Democrats.  Are they part of the "RESIST" agenda.  That's the deep state Trump is fighting, like those in the FBI.

So your theory is that deep-state Obama Democratic appointees, in order to further resist Trump, decided to not order adequate supplies or prepare the country in any meaningful way for this global pandemic, potentially tanking the US economy, throwing tens of millions out of work, killing a few hundred thousand citizens, and severely disabling another million or so who survive?

Those clever bastards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, left field said:

So your theory is that deep-state Obama Democratic appointees, in order to further resist Trump, decided to not order adequate supplies or prepare the country in any meaningful way for this global pandemic, potentially tanking the US economy, throwing tens of millions out of work, killing a few hundred thousand citizens, and severely disabling another million or so who survive?

Those clever bastards. 

Those stupid bastards.  They never envisioned it would be this bad.  Par for the course.  They never get anything right.

Didn’t think about that. Thanks BM

I don’t think many people have, it’s easy to Monday morning quarterback but when you stop and think about it most of what all the Pro’s on here and the news are proposing sound great but will never work.

The only way a shutdown will/would work is if EVERYTHING shuts down. This will never happen because there are idiots that don’t have 2 weeks worth of food/supply’s in their house, what politician in the world in this country is going to say “I don’t care if your kids are starving or are shitting on the floor because you don’t have food or diapers etc. Even then it would be very difficult for the military/police to charge/arrest anyone because courts are closed and jails would be overwhelmed in areas.

• Like 1

I don’t think many people have, it’s easy to Monday morning quarterback but when you stop and think about it most of what all the Pro’s on here and the news are proposing sound great but will never work.

The only way a shutdown will/would work is if EVERYTHING shuts down. This will never happen because there are idiots that don’t have 2 weeks worth of food/supply’s in their house, what politician in the world in this country is going to say “I don’t care if your kids are starving or are shitting on the floor because you don’t have food or diapers etc. Even then it would be very difficult for the military/police to charge/arrest anyone because courts are closed and jails would be overwhelmed in areas.

Agreed. The only way we are going to beat this is if all of America comes together and acts as one: we, as a whole need to be individually responsible and proactively work to prevent the spread. Don’t go out unless it’s imperative (or you are by yourself in the outdoors).
Once it’s over we can all go back to making fun of the Democrats
#FCumono lol

Atovaquone interferes with the reproduction of protozoa (single-cell organisms) that can cause disease in the body. Atovaquone is used to treat or prevent pneumonia caused by a fungal infection called Pneumocystis carinii (also called Pneumocystis jiroveci).

This medication contains 2 medicines: atovaquone and proguanil. It is used to prevent and treat malaria caused by mosquito bites in countries where malaria is common. Malaria parasites can enter the body through these mosquito bites, and then live in body tissues such as red blood cells or the liver. 

Edited by Rattler

2 hours ago, Belo said:

They were repeating what was being handed down from CDC (CDC guidance dated 2/02/20 of it being low risk was not updated until 3/03/20) as was every other public official until confirmed cases arrived and then Govs started taking their own actions 

China locked down Wuhan with 215 confirmed cases....the right wing were the ones shouting “hoax, its just the flu” for 5 weeks specifically at CPAC...then half of the attendees of cpac got the Wuhan flu