Corona Virus Thread

27 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What the hell is that stuff?

Anti malarial pills. Its what you take before travelling to high risk areas. Taken together is under the name Malarone. 

Same class of drugs being experimentally used for CV19, hence me finally being ahead of the hoarding curve, I struck out on paper towels and toilet paper.:negative:

• Like 2

Anti malarial pills. Its what you take before travelling to high risk areas. Taken together is under the name Malarone. 
Same class of drugs being experimentally used for CV19, hence me finally being ahead of the hoarding curve, I struck out on paper towels and toilet paper.:negative:

Ahhhhhhh Shame in you for hording your antimalarials. At least you have something potentially useful vs paper towels. Though if you have a spill hopefully you have some rags handy to wipe them up

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Ahhhhhhh Shame in you for hording your antimalarials. At least you have something potentially useful vs paper towels. Though if you have a spill hopefully you have some rags handy to wipe them up

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Good on kitchen spills.

Running out of socks and no fresh leaves yet.

More interesting note, check out South Africa military crack down on their 21 day national lockdown. Folks in jail and reports of shooting a few too. Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

They were repeating what was being handed down from CDC (CDC guidance dated 2/02/20 of it being low risk was not updated until 3/03/20) as was every other public official until confirmed cases arrived and then Govs started taking their own actions 
China locked down Wuhan with 215 confirmed cases....the right wing were the ones shouting “hoax, its just the flu” for 5 weeks specifically at CPAC...then half of the attendees of cpac got the Wuhan flu

Jesus Paul, I thought you had a brain and were just confused. If you think that the info that was coming out of China was true you’re completely brain dead. China lied and tried to cover this up if they hadn’t this whole scenario that we are living would have been completely different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

You have drugs. I have TP and PT. Let's Make A Deal Dan!  :derisive:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Jesus Paul, I thought you had a brain and were just confused. If you think that the info that was coming out of China was true you’re completely brain dead. China lied and tried to cover this up if they hadn’t this whole scenario that we are living would have been completely different.

Please just go back and read, it’s all there...they locked down Wuhan in the last week of Jan

Did they under report, probably but the WHO has not suggested that...

You can not send a greater signal to the world that there is trouble than locking a city larger than London and it’s entire province down with 215 confirmed cases

Edited by OtiscoPaul

24 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Fir a good time and a history lesson reread this entire thread

all of my comments have been the same from day 1. But then again, this is my job so I know wtf I'm talking about.

You sir lost a lot of my respect with your crazy ass ramblings. You haven't added anything valuable to conversation other than to try and push a narrative and divide that isn't necessary at a time like this. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

You say, oh they were just following cdc guidelines so shame on trump. Then they took actions into their own hands and as a result they're heroes. You can't have both. That goes for the POTUS and the states, who btw are responsible for their own healthcare systems. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I read it. must be missing something. Where in there is it saying that 500,000 came in from China after the travel ban

My apologies, I read since the beginning of the virus as since the beginning of the ban. I was in a rush to leave and go be essential. 

• Like 1

Just now, Belo said:

all of my comments have been the same from day 1. But then again, this is my job so I know wtf I'm talking about.

You sir lost a lot of my respect with your crazy ass ramblings. You haven't added anything valuable to conversation other than to try and push a narrative and divide that isn't necessary at a time like this. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

You say, oh they were just following cdc guidelines so shame on trump. Then they took actions into their own hands and as a result they're heroes. You can't have both. That goes for the POTUS and the states, who btw are responsible for their own healthcare systems. 

Are you insane

You and the rest of the anti-Cuomo, Trumper  brigade have been doing nothing but sowing seeds of discord

Again reread and see who is nostradomas

good news fir me I never had respect fir your troll ass

On 2/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, OtiscoPaul said:

My wife already works from home but their travel has been shut down for over a week (this is a global CQA)...I’ve been following this situation and occasionally this thread for a month.

I don’t like to over react but I’m glad I sold our freed up stock 2 weeks ago and feel like today may be my kids last day of school for a few weeks...that is crazy right?

Good luck getting N95 filters...this is the beginning of a sci-fi right, kills oldies spares the very young...Chlorox bleach will disenfect drinking water I should probably get some for my neglected whites at minimum.

Too be clear, I am not a prepper and other than a freezer full of venison we are not prepared for a long snow storm let alone the apocalypse...

Edit: I think I’m gonna be forced into a mask friendly Zappa beard...it seems like the obvious choice

On 1/27/2020 at 11:44 AM, Belo said:

1 of the many reasons I enjoy my country life and solitude. 

On 1/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, Belo said:

the flu has been pretty bad here lately. it kills people. the corona virus is a worse version. in a densely populated area like parts of china this is very serious. I'm not sure how you can be so obtuse to that.

I'll help you out Pauly, here are my first 2 posts in this thread. Back to 1/28 where I was taking this serious.

your move fir

• Like 1

Please just go back and read, it’s all there...they locked down Wuhan in the last week of Jan

Did they under report, probably but the WHO has not suggested that...

You can not send a greater signal to the world that there is trouble than locking a city larger than London and it’s entire province down with 215 confirmed cases

Yea, it means a lot when a communist country tells their people what to do, you’ve shown true colors in this thread. You’re an idiot.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, airedale said:

There is a big difference the way the people in countries like Korea react to orders from their governments, they generally obey to a T what they are told to do, unlike the many morons in this country who are still acting like there is nothing to worry about and go about their lives as such. All it takes are a few who think the rules do not apply to them and these Corona fires will just keep on burning.

Al

100% correct. 

I had the privilege to serve in a banana republic country and a Sharia law country. One of the countries I was embedded with indigenous soldiers.  The citizens there were well behaved. 

Too many Americans do their traveling in National Geographic or some 7 day cruise.  They would soil themselves if they saw the REAL world of brutality to keep people in line.  Recently the President of the Philippines was considering shooting people who disobeyed curfew.  In America the government allows the morons to riot, destroy property, attack police, block public roadways, block shopping malls and cause mayhem.  Try that "nonsense" in some other country and you die.

Makes an intelligent person wonder who is really "smoking crack" out there.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rattler said:

Who's FBI is it?  The POTUS can't fire anyone without Democrats suing him and calling for impeachment.  Let's see if we can find who heads the CDC and if he's a registered Democrat, shall we?

Haha,trump cant fire anyone? I do believe he holds the record for firing anyone that disagrees with him. 

50 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

100% correct. 

I had the privilege to serve in a banana republic country and a Sharia law country. One of the countries I was embedded with indigenous soldiers.  The citizens there were well behaved. 

Too many Americans do their traveling in National Geographic or some 7 day cruise.  They would soil themselves if they saw the REAL world of brutality to keep people in line.  Recently the President of the Philippines was considering shooting people who disobeyed curfew.  In America the government allows the morons to riot, destroy property, attack police, block public roadways, block shopping malls and cause mayhem.  Try that "nonsense" in some other country and you die.

Makes an intelligent person wonder who is really "smoking crack" out there.

People in germany around 1935 to 45 were also very well behaved and following orders...

There's a balance to everything

Edited by BowmanMike

Lets put things in perspective. We are being told that covid-19 will kill up to 200000 of us. So to slow covid-19 we shut down the US economy put millions out of work. Put the country into a recession if not a depression to slow not stop covid-19.

Let look at some facts every year 900000 of us die form hart disease and stroke and we don't even bat a eyelash at that we also kill 40000 on the highways each year. 70000 of us kill themselves each year in drug overdoses.

What I'm getting at here is even if the the death rate hits 200000. that is still less than 1% of the US population. as tragic as these deaths are, should we have destroyed are economy over them or was there a better way.

• Thanks 1