Corona Virus Thread

Is anyone really willing to sacrifice a loved one to aid "the economy"? Who would it be for you? Would you let your mom, your spouse, your child die as long as it did "the economy" a solid?

I understand there is an economic impact of this, but we are nowhere near the "cure is worse than the disease" numbers. I will side with experts on what needs to be done....let's do our part, get on the other side of this curve and then start talking about how to save "the economy".

Edited by Splitear_Leland

23 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Is anyone really willing to sacrifice a loved one to aid "the economy"? Who would it be for you? Would you let your mom, your spouse, your child die as long as it did "the economy" a solid?

I understand there is an economic impact of this, but we are nowhere near the "cure is worse than the disease" numbers. I will side with experts on what needs to be done....let's do our part, get on the other side of this curve and then start talking about how to save "the economy".

Perhaps you should read this and then make a comment about the cure vs. virus.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/06/destroying-the-economy-will-create-a-different-public-health-crisis/

Currently something like 98% of cases are cured with no ill effects.  People that have medical problems already are the one's who should be isolating.  Other's that are perfectly healthy need to be quarantined if testing positive.  Locking down the whole business world in the US is going to be an economic disaster.

PS - The medical experts do not even consider the economy in their decisions.  That's not their field and they don't worry about it at all.

Edited by Rattler

11 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Perhaps you should read this and then make a comment about the cure vs. virus.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/06/destroying-the-economy-will-create-a-different-public-health-crisis/

I refuse to read anything on "The Federalist" as vehemently as you would refuse to read CNN. Nothing but a far right rag.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/489090-economic-cost-of-the-cure-is-not-worse-than-the-disease-heres-why

Refuse?  Ok.  I've posted a couple of sources on this subject in other threads.  You must have missed them, or refused to read them.  Google your own info.  There's plenty of info from many sources on the subject and they all say the same thing.  Take your pick.

If you have never studied the Great Depression in America, you do not have any idea how bad a situation like that can be.

17 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Refuse?  Ok.  I've posted a couple of sources on this subject in other threads.  You must have missed them, or refused to read them.  Google your own info.  There's plenty of info from many sources on the subject and they all say the same thing.  Take your pick.

If you have never studied the Great Depression in America, you do not have any idea how bad a situation like that can be.

Yet again Rattler, we both disagree....you have your reasons and sources, and I have mine.

I have had better things to do than comb the forums looking for arguments and things to gripe about, so no, I did not see your other sources, though I'm sure they were entirely impartial and thoroughly convincing. I think I should stick to those better things I was referring to.

82 positives in the building I work in. Guy in office next to mine is positive. I’m still asymptomatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well how many days has it been since you’re been to the office

• Like 1

Lets put things in perspective. We are being told that covid-19 will kill up to 200000 of us. So to slow covid-19 we shut down the US economy put millions out of work. Put the country into a recession if not a depression to slow not stop covid-19.
Let look at some facts every year 900000 of us die form hart disease and stroke and we don't even bat a eyelash at that we also kill 40000 on the highways each year. 70000 of us kill themselves each year in drug overdoses.
What I'm getting at here is even if the the death rate hits 200000. that is still less than 1% of the US population. as tragic as these deaths are, should we have destroyed are economy over them or was there a better way.

The issue is those 200000 could die in the course of a few months, that number of 200000 is only if we socially distance. If we don’t do this it could be millions. You really seem like a smart guy how do you not understand this

4 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Jesus Paul, I thought you had a brain and were just confused. If you think that the info that was coming out of China was true you’re completely brain dead. China lied and tried to cover this up if they hadn’t this whole scenario that we are living would have been completely different.

Hey buck master shut the fuck up

My point is that everyone says China lied...I’m saying they very publicly shutdown a city the size of Manhattan 2 months ago...if you (and your pres) didn’t see it coming it’s because you are stupid as fuck

If you believe and spout extreme media 

if you sloganeer 

If you continuously threaten others with your 2nd amendment rights

if you believe that this virus snuck up on anyone

If you suggest violence is a political solution 

if you think the economy is more important than life

if you ignored what happened in Lombardo 

You are a stupid fucking twat!

How many here does this apply to..you decide 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

1 minute ago, mowin said:

I think someone needs a permanent vacation from this site.  :rolleyes:

Here’s another purveyor of hysteria...fuck you

Hey you can threaten a sitting governors life here...no censorship you lib faggot

Edited by OtiscoPaul