Corona Virus Thread

Similar to biz.. worked in nyc until mid March sometime. Unlike biz, I didn’t wash hands often. Didn’t do much of anything. Rode the trains like a sardine, went to services where it was packed,  went to China town.   My boss and coworker I walk daily with at lunch had symptoms.  What would I do different.. wash hands often. Mask. Avoid people. Do what I can to stay home. Beg work to work from home.  I think that is key. Also started to wear gloves. Such as pumping gas. Dipped credit card in the windshield washer bin after filling up. Hoping that killed any trace of virus. 

• Like 2

Similar to biz.. worked in nyc until mid March sometime. Unlike biz, I didn’t wash hands often. Didn’t do much of anything. Rode the trains like a sardine, went to services where it was packed,  went to China town.   My boss and coworker I walk daily with at lunch had symptoms.  What would I do different.. wash hands often. Mask. Avoid people. Do what I can to stay home. Beg work to work from home.  I think that is key. Also started to wear gloves. Such as pumping gas. Dipped credit card in the windshield washer bin after filling up. Hoping that killed any trace of virus. 

You skipped the GTG and saved those unhealthy WNYers tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, johnplav said:

I'm in Rochester and we are dealing with it... but we are no where near the likely apex.  (570 cases and 31 dead)

One suggestion I would have is do not travel to Erie County. For whatever reason their cases are increasing by over 100 per day. They are likely going to be one of the hot spots in the state. They went to over 1100 cases yesterday.

18 minutes ago, Steve D said:

One suggestion I would have is do not travel to Erie County. For whatever reason their cases are increasing by over 100 per day. They are likely going to be one of the hot spots in the state. They went to over 1100 cases yesterday.

Probably more related to newly available testing than anything else.  The true measure is new hospitalizations, not new positives.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I live in Westchester (15K cases) and worked in nyc (tons of cases) up until March 16th. Riding metro north train, etc. 82 people in my building have it including 2 people out of 11 on my floor wing. I always washed my hands many times per day especially before eating my lunch. So far I have no symptoms. When grocery shopping locally I wear gloves and try to avoid people. When in the parks or roads for my daily
Run/hike, I tried to walk away from people.

just to add to this, it's still entirely possible you have had it and just didn't display any symptoms. This is, without a doubt the hardest part of this virus. People carrying and spreading unknowingly. 

• Like 2

I live in Erie County and as Steve said it's pretty hard it right now. I think the cases are jumping at such a high rate is because the County is finally testing at a higher rate than they where before. I'm sure that the City of Buffalo and the surround suburbs being more densely populated than other areas upstate also has something to do with it. 

What I am doing is I am still going into work but I go right from home right to work. I don't stop for coffee or breakfast. My work is a very very small place and half of us are already not working in the office. I wash my hands a lot always before and after eating. I have been the only person in my house to go grocery shopping and when I do I do not wear gloves or masks but I do use the disinfecting wipes supplied by the store to wipe the cart handle down when I first enter the store and then grab another one on my way out so that after the groceries are in the truck and the cart is put back I can wipe my hands and steering wheel best I can. I also make sure during my trip I do not touch my face until I can get home and really wash my hands. When the groceries get home we wipe every package with a disinfecting wipe before it gets put away. 

Oh I also stick to shopping at my small towns grocery store. 

It may not be the best but it's working for us. We also make sure to keep things fun at home. This weekend the weather was great so we spent a lot of time outside, took walks etc. We never eat in front of the TV and always at the table well ya know what recently we have been having a few dinner and a movie nights with the kids where we have a meal the kids want and we watch a movie with as my oldest says the volume turned up to movie theater level! 

Mental health is just as important as physical health right now. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

With not much testing.  Sucks to be here. Scary in fact. 

• Like 1

just to add to this, it's still entirely possible you have had it and just didn't display any symptoms. This is, without a doubt the hardest part of this virus. People carrying and spreading unknowingly. 

Great point. I traveled nyc airports to DC and back in late February as well. Cabs, Ubers, etc. several people I work with tested negative for flu in late January and early February but were very sick. I remember when my daughter was born Jan 21 the hospital had signs saying if you recently visited China you couldn’t come in

Very nice gesture from Mark's Pizzeria...

They donated 100 sheet pizzas to URMC hospital staff today!

I think they deserve a shout-out: https://www.markspizzeria.com/

That’s great! I saw a lot of that on social media and yesterday I donated trays of penne vodka, chicken Parm, chicken Francaise to a local hospital with separate containers for food. It also helped the local Italian restaurant I paid as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I flew ten times in January and February. I’d love to know if I’ve had this thing. I had a fever with 12 hours of brown flu in early February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You should have told me this before we kissed up on Sodus bay....

But it was such a LOVELY sunset....<<sigh>>...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

Took my daily hike. 6.73 miles no deer seen. Early in the day.

[mention]crappyice [/mention] I saw guys fishing your spot. Also saw a sign that said “2019 permits are valid until further notice”.
Does that help you?

220f0eea5b44280b2ece8bf094f5f634.jpg

• Like 1

This coronavirus thing is turning out to be one of those blizzards that never happens

Really ?! Tell that to all the dead people’s families. I have underlying health problems   Confirmed 2 strokes , smoker , high cholesterol. I can’t sleep and continuously worry about my wife n daughter what if something happened to me. I’m outta this thread    We’re all not impervious like you 

• Like 10

This coronavirus thing is turning out to be one of those blizzards that never happens

Yeah, tell that to the loved ones of the 7k plus who have passed away.... surprised to see a comment like this from you.  Not giving you any **** but wow.  We even have a forum member who publicly informed us on here of his mother having difficulties currently. I am almost embarrassed for you due to that comment.

I am sure you only mean that this has not been as bad as they forecasted the death tolls to be, at this point, but still.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 7

A guy I work with told me today his neighbor's son died yesterday, 58 years old.  My buddy didn't know if he had any underlying health risks, not that that really matters right now.  What he was though is positive for covid 19, sad deal for that family and any family.   Not being able to comfort a loved one, even if it's an adult child in their dying days or moments.  I can't imagine the grief..........

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Really ?! Tell that to all the dead people’s families. I have underlying health problems   Confirmed 2 strokes , smoker , high cholesterol. I can’t sleep and continuously worry about my wife n daughter what if something happened to me. I’m outta this thread    We’re all not impervious like you 

Yeah, tell that to the loved ones of the 7k plus who have passed away.... surprised to see a comment like this from you.  Not giving you any **** but wow.  We even have a forum member who publicly informed us on here of his mother having difficulties currently. I am almost embarrassed for you due to that comment.
I am sure you only mean that this has not been as bad as they forecasted the death tolls to be, at this point, but still.

Your last sentence (Bionic) is exactly what i meant. In a positive way. Not 2M Americans, not 200K Americans, maybe not even 50K Americans now.