Corona Virus Thread

So you think all the measures taken were a waste of time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No. I think it helped for sure. Especially the flying as it kept the virus mostly in the tri-State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

You should have told me this before we kissed up on Sodus bay....

But it was such a LOVELY sunset....<<sigh>>...

40 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I couldn't resist losing that moment!

Now there's a hunting and fishing power couple!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Really ?! Tell that to all the dead people’s families. I have underlying health problems   Confirmed 2 strokes , smoker , high cholesterol. I can’t sleep and continuously worry about my wife n daughter what if something happened to me. I’m outta this thread    We’re all not impervious like you 

I'm right there with you my friend. With my many underlying health issues, I don't think my chances are good, if I come down with COVID-19.

My worries are not for me, but for my family, if I am not here. It's been keeping me up late at night.

My prayers are with you Jay. And with all of the families already devastated from this scourge. And all the families that will be affected by it.

• Like 3

Not sure of my health issues,if any.im not one to do the regular doctor thing and now is not the time to go!main concern is my dad as he's on inhalers and has copd.we r both still workinh at the machine shop.wish they would lay him off so could stay home...co-worker's sister inlaw has it and not doing well at all.her husband now has the fever.not sure on his fight

Edited by doebuck1234

I started out in the camp discounting the seriousness of this thing.. Personally not real worried about myself . Admittedly a little . The main major side effect of the medication I'm on is upper respiratory infections along with a weakened immune system.

It is starting to hit  closer to home . Our 1st casualty in our county this morning was my elderly neighbor.  Friends step father isnt likely to survive either.

Those numbers will be much worse. As I understand it, they’re not counting the people who are dying at home. Apparently, there’s a hell of a lot of them out there. And we are in the middle of this. 

I appreciate Biz’s optimism. But I think there will be many, foremost among them, Trump, who will parade a 100k deaths as a victory. 

It’s not. 

• Like 1

That’s great! I saw a lot of that on social media and yesterday I donated trays of penne vodka, chicken Parm, chicken Francaise to a local hospital with separate containers for food. It also helped the local Italian restaurant I paid as well.

My largest client is doing it all over the city

a67221c5a08d44ec8ab1d1b989c13342.png
4dcc8f2aea62d52dcb78f750ee909ba0.plist
780f2f4a7890ebf309f9ea8be00d8d98.plist

• Like 5

It’s bad and people are dying.  Hospitals and many families have a tough road ahead.   No sense in getting caught up in the numbers... the only number that matters is the # dead, and no matter how much lower than expected it ends up, it should not be celebrated. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johnplav said:

It’s bad and people are dying.  Hospitals and many families have a tough road ahead.   No sense in getting caught up in the numbers... the only number that matters is the # dead, and no matter how much lower than expected it ends up, it should not be celebrated. 

And do you really think it's going to be celebrated?  

Took my daily hike. 6.73 miles no deer seen. Early in the day.

[mention]crappyice [/mention] I saw guys fishing your spot. Also saw a sign that said “2019 permits are valid until further notice”.
Does that help you?

220f0eea5b44280b2ece8bf094f5f634.jpg&key=ce8ebe4b9800d883463963c0a3b5d33f7990d896682be1333c112bcf618b9064

They allow trolling motors now?!

Call Me The Teflon Don

35 minutes ago, Chef said:

My largest client is doing it all over the city

There are people doing the same upstate (and nation wide I’m sure). Private donors and restaurants stepping up to leave one less thing for health care workers to think about. Every weekend at my wife’s hospital there has been so much food for them. 

There are people doing the same upstate (and nation wide I’m sure). Private donors and restaurants stepping up to leave one less thing for health care workers to think about. Every weekend at my wife’s hospital there has been so much food for them. 

Oh I know this is not unique it’s just cool that they have started doing it, also any private donation done through them is matched by them

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I certainly hope not.  But we have few politicians who like going on camera and tooting their own horn. 

I've watched most of the virus updates. On both sides of the isle. Never heard one of them celebrate the deaths, or lack of.  In fact all have said any death is a horrible loss. 

If we do get out of this mess with much less deaths than the high estimates, then that is a reason to celebrate.  On both sides of the isle. 

13 minutes ago, mowin said:

I've watched most of the virus updates. On both sides of the isle. Never heard one of them celebrate the deaths, or lack of.  In fact all have said any death is a horrible loss. 

If we do get out of this mess with much less deaths than the high estimates, then that is a reason to celebrate.  On both sides of the isle. 

I mean after it’s done.  And I guess it depends what is meant by “celebrate”.  To say “Well... it coulda been much worse”... to the unaffected it won’t matter and to those lost someone, it probably won’t matter much either.  But right now if you watch news or read articles the left and right are both starting to politicize the number of deaths, and dispute if they are over or underestimating.  

I’m fine with analyzing and reporting the numbers... but once they are used to take shots at the other side, it seems wrong.  

I honestly can’t blame the politicians for their early responses because this was like nothing we’ve seen before.  Even most experts were wrong.  How they adapt during the crisis with updated info is what matters now.  
After the fact, I feel it’ll unfortunately be back to nonsense politics.  

They allow trolling motors now?!

Call Me The Teflon Don

Electric is ok...wish the weather was better for tomorrow. Our spring break week was whittled down to tomorrow and Good Friday so I have a day truly off tomorrow.

I’m gonna try to get my buddy to meet me on a stream- his aunt just past from COVID. She was in hospital since last Monday- doing fine just on oxygen - took a turn and is now dead. Doctors gave him and his family the option to say goodbye via IPad as she died alone with families who couldn’t be there.

My other buddy who now lives in CO called - his dad is positive in Bridgeport, CT-responding well to the malaria meds. I don’t want to tell him about my buddy’s aunt.

My cousin (Staten Island FD) conformed positive but is thankfully on the positive side of recovery.

How long until my niece (ER nurse at Montifiore) sister-in-law (nurse at Shiners Boston) and cousin (Dr at Mass Gen) all end up positive?

How long can my elderly mom stay isolated from her main source of life (her grandkids)? She is scared and alone.

The impacts are real regardless of predictions and stats and numbers.

• Like 2

I wear a N95 when going to stores, etc.  I wear the surgical mask when out where there are no people to prolong the life of the few N95's I have.  I am not worried about the virus for myself or even my kids. I'm more worried for my parents and my possibly catching it and showing asymptomatic symptoms passing it over to them.  That's why I go through great measures to make sure I protected.

It is very real.  I don't know anyone myself personally but my parents know 3 people who have passed away from the virus already.  2 from their childhood home town that were living in Brooklyn and Queens, and a friend of my aunt's who was in Chicago.  I don't ever recall a single season of the common flu doing that.

While I wear gloves when going to the supermarket, etc (not when going for a simple walk), gloves can actually make things worst because they can get peoples guards down.  You wear gloves and touch something outside.  With the same gloved hand, you touch your keys, your door knob, and your phone.  You get home, take the gloves off, and touch those same objects with your now exposed hands yet you don't wash your hands because "you hands never touched anything when you were outside."  Don't let wearing gloves pull you into a false sense of security.  I'll admit, I don't do enough with the phone and keys but my wife sprays down our shoes and wipes the door knob every so often.

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

This coronavirus thing is turning out to be one of those blizzards that never happens

Except for those who have gotten sick and/or died from it, or have been on the front line taking care of patients since the start of this non blizzard. I am still seeing patients face to face in  a mental health clinic not knowing if they are exposed, have it, or not, and have had no PPE since the onset. At 61 y/o and a lifetime asthmatic, told you are not allowed to switch to telemedicaine "yet",  it's scary shit, but you go in everyday and do your best to help your patients while trying  protect yourself and them. Maybe the blizzard isn't real for you, but for many others including me it is very real!

• Like 5

I wear a N95 when going to stores, etc.  I wear the surgical mask when out where there are no people to prolong the life of the few N95's I have.  I am not worried about the virus for myself or even my kids. I'm more worried for my parents and my possibly catching it and showing asymptomatic symptoms passing it over to them.  That's why I go through great measures to make sure I protected.
It is very real.  I don't know anyone myself personally but my parents know 3 people who have passed away from the virus already.  2 from their childhood home town that were living in Brooklyn and Queens, and a friend of my aunt's who was in Chicago.  I don't ever recall a single season of the common flu doing that.
While I wear gloves when going to the supermarket, etc (not when going for a simple walk), gloves can actually make things worst because they can get peoples guards down.  You wear gloves and touch something outside.  With the same gloved hand, you touch your keys, your door knob, and your phone.  You get home, take the gloves off, and touch those same objects with your now exposed hands yet you don't wash your hands because "you hands never touched anything when you were outside."  Don't let wearing gloves pull you into a false sense of security.  I'll admit, I don't do enough with the phone and keys but my wife sprays down our shoes and wipes the door knob every so often.

This is very true gloves not worn properly can do more harm than good. I learned proper glove safety as a chef and make sure I practice it every day