Corona Virus Thread

Except for those who have gotten sick and/or died from it, or have been on the front line taking care of patients since the start of this non blizzard. I am still seeing patients face to face in  a mental health clinic not knowing if they are exposed, have it, or not, and have had no PPE since the onset. At 61 y/o and a lifetime asthmatic, told you are not allowed to switch to telemedicaine "yet",  it's scary shit, but you go in everyday and do your best to help your patients while trying  protect yourself and them. Maybe the blizzard isn't real for you, but for many others including me it is very real!

It’s very real to me. My brother is a doctor working crazy hours at the hospital fighting this battle. He was going to buy a house soon and is currently living at my parents house. So they are all exposed because of him. Up until March 16 I was working and commuting to nyc 5 days a week and have a newborn at home. This was just beginning when she was born Jan 21 and hospitals weren’t letting people in if they recently visited China. Luckily, she only has to go to her doctor’s appts once per month.

Many of my friends have friends or relatives who have died already. The building I work in in nyc is riddled with positive cases including someone whose office is right next to mine. Many of coworkers left the tri state area to be safe. That wasn’t an option for me with A newborn. I felt it was safer staying in Westchester county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It’s very real to me. My brother is a doctor working crazy hours at the hospital fighting this battle. He was going to buy a house soon and is currently living at my parents house. So they are all exposed because of him. Up until March 16 I was working and commuting to nyc 5 days a week and have a newborn at home. This was just beginning when she was born Jan 21 and hospitals weren’t letting people in if they recently visited China. Luckily, she only has to go to her doctor’s appts once per month.

Many of my friends have friends or relatives who have died already. The building I work in in nyc is riddled with positive cases including someone whose office is right next to mine. Many of coworkers left the tri state area to be safe. That wasn’t an option for me with A newborn. I felt it was safer staying in Westchester county.

Then why do you continue to down play all of it?

Are you prepared to loose your father to this "non blizzard"?  How about your grandpa, mother or brother?

A little compassion goes a long way, son.

• Like 5

Then why do you continue to down play all of it?
Are you prepared to loose your father to this "non blizzard"?  How about your grandpa, mother or brother?
A little compassion goes a long way, son.

I try to stay positive and I believe the world needs to move on soon (and it will). This virus is here forever. As expected, nurses in several nyc hospitals are now allowed to work despite being “positive”

9d5d9b52215e16bc598a83b049f850d0.jpg

Yes, healthcare workers are now being told that we can work even after testing positive- as long as they are not showing symptoms and are practicing proper social distancing, etc.  The unsettling thing for those of us in healthcare is that the standards keep evolving based on availability of supplies and staff.  And, by 'evolving', I mean decreasing.  A month or so ago, we were required to self-quarantine for 14 days after a possible exposure.  Now, we're told to come to work and wear a mask, even after testing positive.  We've all been told that we should assume that we've been exposed already and that everyone around us has as well.  Standards for using PPE have been reduced as supplies have dwindled- front line clinical staff are using the same N95 for a week at a time, storing them in paper bags in their lockers between shifts.  And, we all go home to our kids at night, potentially exposing them as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just had to take a federal mandated drug test(cdl drive) me and my boss couldn’t get out of there fast enough. It always grossed me out that they don’t wear glove touching the urine bottles. The problem we had was you can’t wash your hands until your done. 

19 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

This coronavirus thing is turning out to be one of those blizzards that never happens

tell that to the families of thousands who have died in your city alone and the forum members who have family members battling it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grampy said:

My worries are not for me, but for my family, if I am not here. It's been keeping me up late at night.

My role at my employer is to try and keep 10k of our essential workers safe and protected from this around the world. This has been a serious stresser, not to mention my wife is losing her mind with 3 kids at home all day and me working in the basement. When I'm able to show my head I go for a run and try and exercise. Then i'm just fried and have started drinking at least 2 glasses of wine a night to help take the edge off.

This is hard, and at least we got some nice weather the last few days but now that's all gone and it snowed in webster this morning...

stay strong everyone. 

he deserves shit. Biz is a good dude, but I've lost some respect for him with some of his comments in this thread. I'm sure he doesn't care, but I'm also sure I'm not alone. 

Gotta stay Positive! If nurses workers can go in with positive tests, the rest of workers should be soon. Maybe May 4th?

15 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

@Robhuntandfish  it looks like your boat launches and marina's took a hit today. 

@Biz-R-OWorld so did your golf courses

Both listed as non essential today by the state 

DEC just did a press release yesterday that they were putting docks in and state launches were to be open??  crazy https://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdoors/2020/04/dec-state-parks-putting-in-boat-launches-across-the-state-for-coming-season.html?fbclid=IwAR0PcfU0E--f9zS3jT_JpRswATc0Es7nAh1pOeWW8Qv4d3b_2nJ_WorIueg

[mention=8575]Robhuntandfish[/mention]  it looks like your boat launches and marina's took a hit today. 

[mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] so did your golf courses

Doesn’t effect me. Wife didn’t want me playing, so I haven’t and it’s not on my mind the last month or so.

Trying my hand at turkey hunting. Took 5/1 off and bought a call. Also the garden! And I’ll fish more. Golf, Like any hobby of mine I could do without the rest of my life and be unaffected. Just replace it.

My boat is safe. No launch and no marina. Can still fish I assume?

[mention=8575]Robhuntandfish[/mention]  it looks like your boat launches and marina's took a hit today. 
[mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention] so did your golf courses
https://www.wgrz.com/amp/article/news/golf-courses-added-to-new-york-state-covid-19-nonessential-business-list/71-5f27ac4e-8ac0-463a-bb82-524375a490a8?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Doesn’t effect me. Wife didn’t want me playing, so I haven’t and it’s not on my mind the last month or so.

Trying my hand at turkey hunting. Took 5/1 off and bought a call. Also the garden! And I’ll fish more. Golf, Like any hobby of mine I could do without the rest of my life and be unaffected. Just replace it

Wife said no because of the virus? Or you'll be away from over 4 hours with a newborn at home? Newborns tend to curb alot of extra curricular activities.

Wife said no because of the virus? Or you'll be away from over 4 hours with a newborn at home? Newborns tend to curb alot of extra curricular activities.

Virus. She thinks I’m gonna make out with other golfers or something. No issues with hobbies and newborn or I wouldn’t have had one

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Gotta stay Positive! If nurses workers can go in with positive tests, the rest of workers should be soon. Maybe May 4th?

They're putting a lot of pressure on medical professionals because there are too many patients and not enough medical professionals to assist.  I doubt there are not enough lawyers, bankers, etc. at the same level.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elmo said:

They're putting a lot of pressure on medical professionals because there are too many patients and not enough medical professionals to assist.  I doubt there are not enough lawyers, bankers, etc. at the same level.

Correct... healthcare staffing decisions are likely being made out of desperation and should not be seen as recommendations for other fields.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cuomo stiffed us in today's executive order. Boo!

Just now, Steuben Jerry said:

Cuomo stiffed us in today's executive order. Boo!

yup! Already trying to figure a way to get on the lake.  Might have a dock to use but have to be able to get out there to dock it.  Oneida has very few docks cause it gets so rough.  So unless its a bay or a canal you dont want to dock on it.  I usually dont fish much til 2nd week of may - so hoping it opens up by then.  

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

yup! Already trying to figure a way to get on the lake.  Might have a dock to use but have to be able to get out there to dock it.  Oneida has very few docks cause it gets so rough.  So unless its a bay or a canal you dont want to dock on it.  I usually dont fish much til 2nd week of may - so hoping it opens up by then.  

I was hoping to get in the water for at least a shake down cruise before fishing season. Did some repairs, added some accessories, and wanted to make sure everything was good.