Corona Virus Thread

5 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Their credibility comes from their peer reviews.  Biased sources have been called out by the industry many times and have earned that reputation.  The Daily caller has earned it's unbiased reputation, much to the extreme leftist's chagrin.

Virtually every source cited by Rattler is bias, sometimes to the extreme. In the case of The Daily Caller, they also have problems with facts.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/

Read everything with some scepticism. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Their credibility comes from their peer reviews.  Biased sources have been called out by the industry many times and have earned that reputation.  The Daily caller has earned it's unbiased reputation, much to the extreme leftist's chagrin.

What are these peer reviews? Just from what I find it looks like the Daily Caller is a hard right biased source with a mixed reporting credibility. 

I'm sure you have other information, you always do. Whether that information is any more credible than the source in question is up for debate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/%3famp

21 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Not if they're not doing their job to earn favors from elected officials.  That's not equal enforcement of the law and a violation of their oath.

If you can prove to me that these LEO are corrupt, I will accept that.  Until then I trust the LEO of America.  Prove me wrong in this situation.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Virtually every source cited by Rattler is bias, sometimes to the extreme. In the case of The Daily Caller, they also have problems with facts.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/

Read everything with some scepticism. 

So, the fact that they lean to the right and publish conservative articles makes them biased?  The main stream media leans very far left and is extremely biased.  They are the source of your post and claim to be "fact checkers"?  Pot-kettle.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

If you can prove to me that these LEO are corrupt, I will accept that.  Until then I trust the LEO of America.  Prove me wrong in this situation.  

First, you need to prove they have ignored the man's complaint and provide info that can be searched.  names, badge numbers, station, etc.

Besides I never said they were corrupt.  I inferred they are negligent IF they did not do their job.

9 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Why do you bring your hatred of Trump into every issue?  I fail to see the relevance regarding this discussion.  That would require an entirely different debate and appears to be an attempt at misdirection.  Can we stay on topic here?

The man's political affiliation is evidence he was not addressing little Cuomo for political reasons.  He was doing what his big brother encourages people to do.  Little Cuomo was wrong and his reaction was uncalled for.  He is the jerk in this situation.

First of all, you are wrong, I don't hate Trump. I don't know that I hate anyone, let alone someone that I've never met. On all accounts, I don't like him and I think he's a royal butthole. You are correct though, that is another discussion entirely. I'm just curious if your dissection of the flaws of people who threaten violence extends to the president.

I don't know why you let your hatred of Andrew Cuomo into a discussion of how his brother handled being harassed by a jerk while on his own property while with his family. I stand by my opinion that I probably would have acted in a similar manner, and I'm not even distantly related to Andrew Cuomo...

9 minutes ago, Rattler said:

So, the fact that they lean to the right and publish conservative articles makes them biased?  The main stream media leans very far left and is extremely biased.  They are the source of your post and claim to be "fact checkers"?  Pot-kettle.

Yes, leaning in one direction and publishing articles to a right or left tilt is literally what news bias is....

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rattler said:

First, you need to prove they have ignored the man's complaint and provide info that can be searched.  names, badge numbers, station, etc.

Besides I never said they were corrupt.  I inferred they are negligent IF they did not do their job.

First of all, he said "prove me wrong" first, so forum norms put the burden of proof on you :-)

Actually you did accuse the officers of being corrupt you said they did it for political favors. So I would like to see proof that this is the case, if this is what you truly believe.

4 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I don't know why you let your hatred of Andrew Cuomo into a discussion of how his brother handled being harassed by a jerk while on his own property while with his family. I stand by my opinion that I probably would have acted in a similar manner, and I'm not even distantly related to Andrew Cuomo...

Andrew Cuomo is inseparable from his little brother and the issue is the man who called little boy out, favors their politics, so it is relevant to the issue in so far as the man was not politically biased against the Cuomo's and there was no political motive here.  Acing in the manner little boy did, is still not the way a civilized, intelligent, mature man should have handled it.

The man chose to call him out for a perceived infraction, which is his right.  Cuomo should have been able to defend his actions in an articulate manner if he was capable of doing so.  Apparently he wasn't.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Everything I have read is that if you are under quarantine, you should consult your medical provider about going out of doors. Now, I can only give him the benefit of the doubt that since he was on his own personal property, he had consulted with his doctor about being outside. However, if you want to call his doctor and find.out for sure, go on ahead.

CDC calls the shots when you test positive. My friend is going on 6 weeks now. They still tell her she can’t leave the house even though she no longer has any symptoms.  They have very strict guidelines. I call bullshit that he ever even had it. 

• Like 1

Since when is “Fredo” a racial slur against Italians??! It’s a reference to Fredo Corleone, the brother who can’t do anything right and get out of his successful brothers shadow. Let’s not grasp at straws. Also I would laugh my ass off if someone called me a “mick”. What year is this?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Yes the fact that they lean very far to the right makes them bias. It means they give you opinions not news. And you are very good at spewing the opinions of others all over the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Andrew Cuomo is inseparable from his little brother and the issue is the man who called little boy out, favors their politics, so it is relevant to the issue in so far as the man was not politically biased against the Cuomo's and there was no political motive here.  Acing in the manner little boy did, is still not the way a civilized, intelligent, mature man should have handled it.

The man chose to call him out for a perceived infraction, which is his right.  Cuomo should have been able to defend his actions in an articulate manner if he was capable of doing so.  Apparently he wasn't.

Boy I was in the mood for a good back and forth and you didn't disappoint Rattler, you never do.

I stand by buy pinion that he did not act any different than I would have. I would guess that if I harassed you at your property I might be dodging bullets :-)

CDC calls the shots when you test positive. My friend is going on 6 weeks now. They still tell her she can’t leave the house even though she no longer has any symptoms.  They have very strict guidelines. I call bullshit that he ever even had it. 

This is 100% not true as my mom had it and no one has instructed her that she is still stuck at home

10 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Yes, leaning in one direction and publishing articles to a right or left tilt is literally what news bias is....

So a "fact checking" org that leans far left is also biased.  Thanks for the confirmation.

• Like 1

What does rattler refuse to comment on the article about trump having his name put on all the stimulus checks.

Because he knows it’s never been done before. He knows it’s wrong, he knows it’s propaganda in a election year.

And there is 0 justification for it except for trumps ego

6 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

First of all, he said "prove me wrong" first, so forum norms put the burden of proof on you :-)

Actually you did accuse the officers of being corrupt you said they did it for political favors. So I would like to see proof that this is the case, if this is what you truly believe.

I suggest you go back a re-read that post to see what it is I actually said, then read his post to see if he ever proved the officers did what he claims.

5 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Boy I was in the mood for a good back and forth and you didn't disappoint Rattler, you never do.

I stand by buy pinion that he did not act any different than I would have. I would guess that if I harassed you at your property I might be dodging bullets :-)

No, you would witness me pulling out a lawn chair and encouraging you to continue entertaining me while I laughed until I cried.  Why would I resort to violence in the face of a fool?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I was in the mood for a good back and forth this morning, and you didn't disappoint Rattler, you never do. I'll tell you one thing, if I was Chris Cuomo, I might be offended by you consistently using "little boy", but I'm not, so it doesn't.

I stand by my opinion that I wouldn't have acted a whole lot differently of someone were harassing me and my family. We can argue the political motivation of his reaction, but until you can prove it would have been any different if he had known this jerk was a democrat, I'm not buying it.

Maybe I'm not civilized, intelligent mature, but I wouldn't take kindly to some jerk on a bike standing outside my fence yelling at me. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling if I did that to you, I might be dodging bullets :)

8 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

I stand by buy pinion that he did not act any different than I would have. I would guess that if I harassed you at your property I might be dodging bullets :-

Whoa, this actually posted, that's embarrassing....Not a complete post, please read on...

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

What does rattler refuse to comment on the article about trump having his name put on all the stimulus checks.

Because it's completely irrelevant to the topic we are discussing and is an attempt to derail this thread.

I see no reason it needs to be on the checks and don't care if it is.  Is it wrong?  How?  Is it political advertising?  Yes, but what isn't?  I couldn't care less about it because it has no ill effect on the country at all, other than to make crazy leftists even nuttier.

12 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I suggest you go back a re-read that post to see what it is I actually said, then read his post to see if he ever proved the officers did what he claims.

You literally said "not if they're doing their jobs to earn political favors.." that's pretty clearly an insinuation that they might have ignored the complaint because of corrupt intentions.

Edited by Splitear_Leland

Because it's completely irrelevant to the topic we are discussing and is an attempt to derail this thread.
I see no reason it needs to be on the checks and don't care if it is.  Is it wrong?  How?  Is it political advertising?  Yes, but what isn't?  I couldn't care less about it because it has no ill effect on the country at all, other than to make crazy leftists even nuttier.

So stimulus checks is not a conversation for the covid thread come on my man.

And basically you know it’s propaganda, it’s delaying paper checks from getting to Americans but it’s trump so you don’t care. Basically in your eyes he can do what ever he wants.

Oh and your response shows me you won’t argue that one because guess what got ya

2 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

You literally said "not if they're doing their jobs to earn political favors.." that's pretty clearly an insinuation that they might have ignored the complain because of corrupt intentions.

I suggest you look up the meaning of the word "if".

Are you really being serious here with me, or are you simply posting out of frustration?