Corona Virus Thread

12 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I'm going turkey hunting May 2. Socially distant by a minimum of 50 yards

Call Me The Teflon Don

I'm going May 1st and will be tagged out by May 2. Can I shoot 2 toms same day?

NY now sending ventilators to other states. Guess we didn't need them all afterall

I'm going May 1st and will be tagged out by May 2. Can I shoot 2 toms same day?
NY now sending ventilators to other states. Guess we didn't need them all afterall
Think just 1 a day still? Have to download the new update for the regs

Call Me The Teflon Don

Stimulus Package in a Nutshell

It is a slow day in the small Indiana town of Pumphandle, and streets are deserted.
Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.
A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.
As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.
The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.
The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.
The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.
The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.
At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.
No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Stimulus Package in a Nutshell

It is a slow day in the small Indiana town of Pumphandle, and streets are deserted.
Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.
A tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.
As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.
The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Co-op.
The guy at the Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.
The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.
The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the traveler will not suspect anything.
At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves.
No one produced anything. No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a Stimulus package works.

This is making my head hurt

• Haha 2

Some local companies Are reopening end of April. all employees get antibody testing. Tons of caveats though because there can be false-positives, Etc. there’s no guarantees it’s correct but it allows them to tell employees if they choose not to work, they don’t get paid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY buries about 30 to 35 indigents regularly at that site.  Currently they say they bury about 40 now.  That means since the virus has been taking lives, only 5 more would be attributed to the virus.  And they may have been tagged as dying from it when they may not have.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rattler said:

NY buries about 30 to 35 indigents regularly at that site.  Currently they say they bury about 40 now.  That means since the virus has been taking lives, only 5 more would be attributed to the virus.  And they may have been tagged as dying from it when they may not have.

Can't let facts get in the way of one's own narrative

8 hours ago, Rattler said:

Incorrect.  Read the narrative:

"Normally, some 25 bodies are interred each week, but since the coronavirus began to spread rapidly the number has increased. Now, about 24 bodies are being buried daily, five days a week, according to a spokesperson for the Department of Corrections, which oversees the burials."

So if my math is correct, about 100 extra indigent people are dying in NYC every week, or 400 more per month.  These would be people who really cannot socially isolate, probably haven't been well informed, are most likely unhealthy and don't seek out medical treatment.  And that's assuming this is an average over a month, not just a backlog of bodies finally being buried.