Corona Virus Thread

[mention=1562]New York Hillbilly[/mention] so i checked the NYS stats again this morning. https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/views/NYS-COVID19-Tracker/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracker-Fatalities?%3Aembed=yes&%3Atoolbar=no&%3Atabs=n this is the link.
2 people dead in NY between 0-9 ages and 6 between 10-19 ages. so that's a total of 8 people under the age of 19 in all of New York state. Maybe all 8 are in Monroe County? but can't be the 23 people you mentioned.

[mention]New York Hillbilly [/mention] crickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

[mention]New York Hillbilly [/mention] crickets?

Ok, for starters. Here is the link I read the other day and try to check once a day. 

https://13wham.com/news/local/latest-covid-19-numbers-in-rochester-area

Next, when I am wrong I admit it, so let me say for the record I read the article (thankfully) wrong, and the numbers were of children who tested positive, not died. Thank God for that! I'll consider being wrong in this case a blessing. 

Finally: no crickets here smart ass! 

I'm just up to my eyes currently taking care of people, patients, in varying degrees of mental health crisis all day long, not sitting on the side lines in the safety of my home minimizing this nightmare.

Many of my patients are seniors that have only recently been passed off to me on piles of medications , extremely medically compromised, frail,  and at the greatest risk of contracting and dying from this virus if they catch it. Therefore, they are confined to their place of residence. 

I can't begin to explain here the level of clinical complexity, the challenges, or the clinical skill and experience required to safely and effectively care for such a population of people when you cannot even lay your eyes on them. Nor can I sufficiently describe the mental stress of operating this way. 

I even have a list of my most medically/psychiatrically complicated seniors (and a few nervous young people) who are struggling even more just from being in lockdown and socially isolated that I call weekly, just to say hello to them so they know somebody is thinking of them. These calls while noted in the record by me are not billable, not factored into my productivity as a provider, not required or mandated, and in fact unless someone actually read the charts would not even known to be occurring. It is just something I feel important them under these circumstances so it is important to me. 

No crickets!

• Like 1

Ok, for starters. Here is the link I read the other day and try to check once a day. 
https://13wham.com/news/local/latest-covid-19-numbers-in-rochester-area
Next, when I am wrong I admit it, so let me say for the record I read the article (thankfully) wrong, and the numbers were of children who tested positive, not died. Thank God for that! I'll consider being wrong in this case a blessing. 
Finally: no crickets here smart ass! 
 I'm just up to my eyes currently taking care of people, patients, in varying degrees of mental health crisis all day long, not sitting on the side lines in the safety of my home minimizing this nightmare.
Many of my patients are seniors that have only recently been passed off to me on piles of medications , extremely medically compromised, frail,  and at the greatest risk of contracting and dying from this virus if they catch it. Therefore, they are confined to their place of residence. 
I can't begin to explain here the level of clinical complexity, the challenges, or the clinical skill and experience required to safely and effectively care for such a population of people when you cannot even lay your eyes on them. Nor can I sufficiently describe the mental stress of operating this way. 
 I even have a list of my most medically/psychiatrically complicated seniors (and a few nervous young people) who are struggling even more just from being in lockdown and socially isolated that I call weekly, just to say hello to them so they know somebody is thinking of them. These calls while noted in the record by me are not billable, not factored into my productivity as a provider, not required or mandated, and in fact unless someone actually read the charts would not even known to be occurring. It is just something I feel important them under these circumstances so it is important to me. 
No crickets!

Cases, not deaths. Agree great news

On 4/24/2020 at 1:10 PM, Chef said:

e4d0426c00e41ec7a07b918bf092c75c.jpg

Wanna know how poorly some people understand the spoken word and how easily they fall for media spin to incite hate?

Copy/paste
I am a nurse. I knew exactly what he was talking about! He did not use the correct words, but he is not a medical expert either. But instead of the media explaining what he meant and doing a segment on lung washing or lavage they bash him! There is a procedure that “wash” “clean” “inject” the lungs!! Doctors use saline. They may be playing with an idea of adding an antiviral or antibiotic some kind of antiseptic which can be done. I worked in the OR and we used all kind of stuff! And yes guess what we used??? Bleach yep you got it. It wasn’t bleach from the container but it was a sterile powder form we mixed in sterile saline to cleanse whatever infection of the body we were operating on. This really pissed me off so I had to vent!

• Like 2

Study Finds 94% Of Virus Patients In NYC Hospital System Had Underlying Conditions

https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-study-finds-94-of-virus-patients-in-nyc-hospital-system-had-underlying-conditions

Makes sense. Last I checked last week 90% of all deaths in NY had at least 1 underlying issue, many more with 2+

"People are dying because other medical care is not getting done due to hypothetical projections."

Atlas noted that states and many hospitals abruptly stopped "nonessential" procedures and surgery.

"That prevented diagnoses of life-threatening diseases, like cancer screening, biopsies of tumors now undiscovered and potentially deadly brain aneurysms," he said.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/04/stanford-doctor-5-reasons-stop-panic-end-total-isolation/?fbclid=IwAR3IETYa47D6TaKfoEfbJFLCGlDB2ppiUOo8kvAPu5BEuS8QrquP1uDuM9k

• Like 1

The rate of heart  attacks and strokes must have dropped off .

Nobody is showing up at the hospital with them, according to a local  rep @ local  rural hospital.

Obviously people with mild symptoms are not going to the hospital.. How many across the nation are dying because of this?

• Like 2

The rate of heart  attacks and strokes must have dropped off .
Nobody is showing up at the hospital with them, according to a local  rep @ local  rural hospital.
Obviously people with mild symptoms are not going to the hospital.. How many across the nation are dying because of this?

It’s a money grab for Sure. It inflates the numbers. I’ve been saying it for a while. Elon Musk tweeted about it recently too.

“Pneumonia if they're Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

• Like 2

In what is emerging as one of the biggest untold stories of the coronavirus crisis, the media is starting to pay attention to the fact that the carnage of COVID-19 in nursing homes in New York state not only took place on Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s watch but was actually facilitated by an order from his state government.

Where's the hard evidence about Russia?  Why do we accept reports from CNN & MSNBC's "anonymous" sources?  Where was Christine Blase Ford's hard evidence?  What hard evidence exists that Trump is racist?  At least in this case there is ample evidence to say the numbers were high, the feds got involved and asked why nobody was dying of anything else all of a sudden, and the numbers suddenly went down.  That's what the original post inferred.  Deny it if it helps you sleep better.

Edited by Rattler

It's just that I couldn't really find much showing that Trump ordered the feds to investigate into the NYS death certificates, that's all.  I will admit that I didn't do an in-depth investigation into this.  I did, however, find statements that it isn't actually the states who does the counting but rather the feds themselves meaning those numbers are not NYS claims but rather the feds claims.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-classify-all-coronavirus-patient-deaths-as-covid-19-deaths/

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/social-media-posts-make-baseless-claim-on-covid-19-death-toll/

My understanding from this is that the NYC.gov site you posted, 11708 deaths were tested positive for the virus while the 5228 were not tested but exhibits all the traits and had known contact with a infected individual.

But then again, the feds and CDC could all be in on this too.

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Hey [mention]Chef [/mention] ... what’s the real deal with meat shortage? For some reason I don’t quite trust any news outlet!

From what I can tell, there is no shortage. In fact there is a surplus. 
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/16/federal-government-to-buy-supply-from-farmers-dist/

It's just that I couldn't really find much showing that Trump ordered the feds to investigate into the NYS death certificates, that's all.  I will admit that I didn't do an in-depth investigation into this.  I did, however, find statements that it isn't actually the states who does the counting but rather the feds themselves meaning those numbers are not NYS claims but rather the feds claims.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/feds-classify-all-coronavirus-patient-deaths-as-covid-19-deaths/
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/social-media-posts-make-baseless-claim-on-covid-19-death-toll/

My understanding from this is that the NYC.gov site you posted, 11708 deaths were tested positive for the virus while the 5228 were not tested but exhibits all the traits and had known contact with a infected individual.
But then again, the feds and CDC could all be in on this too.

Rattler doesn’t read news. His sources are right wing publications that border in fascism and have nazi tendencies. He has posted them before.
The worst part is, is that there are people that don’t understand the difference between news and a radical interpretation of news

Hey [mention]Chef [/mention] ... what’s the real deal with meat shortage? For some reason I don’t quite trust any news outlet!

It is sort of real, there is not a shortage of animals to be slaughtered. The issue is many processing plants are closed due to outbreaks. The ones that are not closed are running at half capacity due to social distancing practices. I see these issues every day at work. I will say I have been able to keep most clients supplied. The issue is not just meat but most fresh food items. People do not need to panic as product is a available.

Plus I hate to say this but this ur for those of us on this forum this will not be a issue. Most of us have meat in the freezer and are fully capable of getting needed protein if it came to it

• Like 1