Corona Virus Thread

28 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

It's because most of them are being made at Russian troll farms :)

You're probably right.  And then, they're dutifully spread by patriots on sites like these.  What's the term that gets thrown around here a lot?... 'useful __________' ?

• Like 1

Just now, virgil said:

You're probably right.  And then, they're dutifully spread by patriots on sites like these.  What's the term that gets thrown around here a lot?... 'useful __________' ?

You know though, they're being made to hit both sides. The whole idea is to spread division, and they are very good at it. 

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

You know though, they're being made to hit both sides. The whole idea is to spread division, and they are very good at it. 

I totally agree.  But, the angry trolling on this site comes from only one direction.

1 minute ago, virgil said:

I totally agree.  But, the angry trolling on this site comes from only one direction.

Eh, it is what it is based on the political make-up of the group. I have some friends who are republicans and some who are democrats, and there is a certain percentage of each side that are just as combative as the other. I've seen my fair share of disgusting Trump memes over the past few years that's for sure.

Edited by Splitear_Leland
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

NJ going wild!

You know, in the beginning I was all in for the 14 days to flatten the curve.

I was mostly in with 30 days to flatten the curve.

They lost me when it turned into lockdown until there's a vaccine or treatment. Now I find it offensive to hear the few governors like Cuomo, Whitmer, Wolf, and Murphy say that they may consider ALLOWING some folks to start earning a meager living again. Like we should bow down and kiss their feet or something. Bunch of smug power trippers. 

BTW, those cops in Bellmawr came back after the cameras left and cited them anyways. 

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 6

If a person refuses to come back to work, they have effectively quit and become ineligible for unemployment. There are various mandated (in NY) leaves they can take, but most of those are unpaid.

Sort of true all but all they have to say is someone in their household has flu like symptoms and back on the gravy train they go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, in the beginning I was all in for the 14 days to flatten the curve.
I was mostly in with 30 days to flatten the curve.
They lost me when it turned into lockdown until there's a vaccine or treatment. Now I find it offensive to hear the few governors like Cuomo, Whitmer, Wolf, and Murphy say that they may consider ALLOWING some folks to start earning a meager living again. Like we should bow down and kiss their feet or something. Bunch of smug power trippers. 
BTW, those cops in Bellmawr came back after the cameras left and cited them anyways. 

No one has said lockdown till a vaccine, we are doing a phased reopening in accordance with the guidelines that the trump administration put out. It’s just that him and a bunch of states took the guidelines and threw them out the window. His main leg to stand on for re-election was the economy and he is in a rush to make the numbers look good again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Sort of true all but all they have to say is someone in their household has flu like symptoms and back on the gravy train they go

The business I work for got a notice from the DOL that if someone refuses to return to work it is required to notify the DOL. The notice further stated that the DOL would then terminate benefits. The employee could always appeal I presume, but they did say terminate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

No one has said lockdown till a vaccine, we are doing a phased reopening in accordance with the guidelines that the trump administration put out. It’s just that him and a bunch of states took the guidelines and threw them out the window. His main leg to stand on for re-election was the economy and he is in a rush to make the numbers look good again

Chef, read up on some of what Whitmer and Murphy have said. They back off a little when pressed, but that is their stated mindset.

• Like 1

I'm leaning heavily this way... The vulnerable need to protect themselves while the rest of us get on with life.. 

The vulnerable CANT protect themselves when every asswipe selfishly continues to spread the virus among themselves (the healthy and young). When can my mother hug her grandkids again? Do you not have anyone in your life that is “vulnerable”?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

The vulnerable CANT protect themselves when every asswipe selfishly continues to spread the virus among themselves (the healthy and young). When can my mother hug her grandkids again? Do you not have anyone in your life that is “vulnerable”?

Yup. My dad who I have not seen in well over a month is in a nursing home. Which as of yesterday has 1 worker testing positive for covid.

His health is bad enough he wouldn't likely survive the flue. 

I still believe we need to follow some common sense.  I was under the impression that when I graduated and began my adult life I would be given responsibility for myself. More and more we see that everybody wants to be "parented"

• Like 2

We broke quarantine today and expanded our circle of trust. My mom came over today and hung with us inside, etc. We are starting with close family next week and move to certain friends soon after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 5

Yup. My dad who I have not seen in well over a month is in a nursing home. Which as of yesterday has 1 worker testing positive for covid.
His health is bad enough he wouldn't likely survive the flue. 
I still believe we need to follow some common sense.  I was under the impression that when I graduated and began my adult life I would be given responsibility for myself. More and more we see that everybody wants to be "parented"

So what do you say to the protestors out there not wearing masks at these rallies. Or the person I saw today walk into the gas station with no mask on. It shows that the average American is a idiot and need guidelines to act responsibly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chef said:

So what do you say to the protestors out there not wearing masks at these rallies. Or the person I saw today walk into the gas station with no mask on. It shows that the average American is a idiot and need guidelines to act responsibly

So someone not wearing a mask is a idiot?  If so, call me a idiot. Haven't worn one yet, and I won't. I go in every store I need to. I stay 6' from everyone, and they stay away from me.  Haven't gotten sick yet, don't plan to.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chef said:

That is retarded

No, it's retarded not to.  People are loosing there cars, homes. Business are closing up permanently. People should be able to make their own decisions on working or going into those places that choose to open.  It's crazy people are told they can't open there business, can't make money to pay the bills or put food on the table. 

• Like 3

No, it's retarded not to.  People are loosing there cars, homes. Business are closing up permanently. People should be able to make their own decisions on working or going into those places that choose to open.  It's crazy people are told they can't open there business, can't make money to pay the bills or put food on the table. 

This is exactly how I feel!

We’ve played the stupid games it’s time to open up. If you want to be scared then stay home. If you’re elderly or have pre existing conditions, stay home and avoid people that aren’t.

• Like 3