Corona Virus Thread

Just now, Buckmaster7600 said:

I don’t think you’re correct, maybe the city would but the people up here won’t let it happen again.

My county has 230,000 people and we have shut down the economy for 14 deaths and from what I can find 9 of them were in a nursing home. The average age of deaths was 7 years older than the national average life expectancy.

We have closed our county for a .00006% chance of dying.

Now I’m sure you’ll say that’s because we shut down so even if closing cut the deaths in half we’re still talking about a very very small number of deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chautauqua and Cattaraugus shut down for 12 weeks for 113 cases and six deaths 

• Like 2

This thread can go on forever.
Can we really believe anything we read or hear on TV.??
Numbers are skewed....testing works, doesn't work, is accurate....isnt accurate.
The life we are livinging right now sucks......but it doesn't look like it's gonna change anytime soon. If they keep these social distancing guidelines in place....there is no way in heck schools will start up again in the fall.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Delaware County has had 4 deaths.  The entire county is dying economically.

Going back to the statement about "we were almost there" with overwhelmed hospitals.  The CITY was almost there.  WE were not even close.  Yet the Governor thought we should kill the economy here because the virus was out of control there.

Most upstate hospitals were empty and losing over 1 million dollars a month and many are now saying they may not be able to reopen thanks to the shutdown and massive financial losses.

• Like 1

For the first time since this started I was told that I needed to put a mask on. I went in a liquor store a couple towns over on my way home and when I walked in the owner told me I needed to have a mask on. I said no problem, told him to have a good weekend and walked out.

I have absolutely zero problems with an owner of a store requiring a mask. It’s their business and their choice.

• Like 4

Gee thanks Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean what does that even mean? Can have gatherings of 10 or less people so long as social distancing measures are taken? Then is that even a gathering?

• Like 1

Every now and then a story surfaces that rips the mask away and lets people see the Democrats for who and what they really are.

According to a new report from Fox News and Politico it appears the Democrats fear the economy will soar ahead of the November election which will help Trump.

Via Fox News:

As President Trump and the rest of the country grapple with an economic downturn and sky-high unemployment rates amid the coronavirus crisis, some Democrats reportedly worry that an explosive economic recovery in the fall could revive Trump’s lagging political fortunes — and boost his chance at reelection.

Politico reports that Jason Furman, a top economist in the Obama administration and now a Harvard professor, told a bipartisan group of policymakers last month that “We are about to see the best economic data we’ve seen in the history of this country.”

The claims may seem counterintuitive amid the bleak economic picture right now. But it’s premised on assumptions that as lockdowns ease, a recovery could follow more quickly than after past economic crises. Since his earlier prediction, Furman has reportedly also been making the case to Democrats, including top members of presumptive nominee Joe Biden’s campaign.

“This is my big worry,” a former Obama White House official told the outlet, who said of the concern about top members of the party: “It’s high — high, high, high, high.”

So this goes a long way to explain why so many Democrat governors are dragging their feet on reopening their state’s economies.

They want the pain to last as long as possible, want as many small businesses to fail as possible, want as many lives ruined as possible, all so they can defeat President Donald Trump in November.

Here’s more on how Democrats are spooked by this via the Daily Wire:

Democrats that Politico interviewed were distressed over the prospect that the economy would be improving before the election. “Trump beats Biden on the economy even right now!” one Democrat told Politico. “This is going to be extremely difficult no matter what.”

Another Democrat told Politico: “Even today when we are at over 20 million unemployed Trump gets high marks on the economy, so I can’t imagine what it looks like when things go in the other direction. I don’t think this is a challenge for the Biden campaign. This is the challenge for the Biden campaign. If they can’t figure this out they should all just go home.”

Political strategist Arthur Schwartz responded to Politico’s report in a tweet, writing: “Dems are spooked because the economy is going to rebound quickly. Their strategy for November is to keep the country closed. Their interests are served by hurting as many Americans as possible.”

Democrats care about nothing other than a raw and desperate desire to gain and keep power.

They don’t care a whit about the very real suffering of the American people, only how they can use it to their advantage.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rattler said:

They don’t care a whit about the very real suffering of the American people, only how they can use it to their advantage.

Pretty sad, I knew right away when this pandemic reared it's ugly head that the Democrats would go all out to figure  ways to use it for any political gain against Trump they could conceive and true to form they are not letting me down.

Al

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, airedale said:

Pretty sad, I knew right away when this pandemic reared it's ugly head that the Democrats would go all out to figure  ways to use it for any political gain against Trump they could conceive and true to form they are not letting me down.

Al

That's true.  But, Republicans would never do that, right?

• Like 1

Murder babies for votes or destroy the economy and people's livelihood to get the likes of Joe Biden elected? 

I don't think so.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Can you give me some examples of Republicans doing things like that?

• Like 1

That's true.  But, Republicans would never do that, right?
Exactly. Republicans good, Democrats bad. Democrats good , Republicans bad.

Everyone wants blame the other tribe but they fail to look at their own.
Both these parties suck. If you step in them they both will smell like dog shit. How anyone can look at how they have both governed over the last 50 years and think either one is our answer is beyond me.
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Murder babies for votes or destroy the economy and people's livelihood to get the likes of Joe Biden elected? 

I don't think so.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Can you give me some examples of Republicans doing things like that?

I thought he was running for senate? I heard him say it

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Exactly. Republicans good, Democrats bad. Democrats good , Republicans bad.

Everyone wants blame the other tribe but they fail to look at their own.
Both these parties suck. If you step in them they both will smell like dog shit. How anyone can look at how they have both governed over the last 50 years and think either one is our answer is beyond me.

Oh, believe me, if the other party was promoting abortions, gun control, destruction of the economy, hatred of police, military and white males, as well as elimination of the Bill of Rights, I'd be advising other's to vote them out of office as well.

• Like 3

Oh, believe me, if the other party was promoting abortions, gun control, destruction of the economy, hatred of police, military and white males, as well as elimination of the Bill of Rights, I'd be advising other's to vote them out of office as well.
Thanks, your a perfect example of tribalism over rationality, you prove it daily with your one sided posts.
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Trial153 said:
2 hours ago, Rattler said:

Thanks, your a perfect example of tribalism over rationality, you prove it daily with your one sided posts.

Why do you lower yourself to ad hominem attacks?  If they are one sided, why don't you present the other side?

I would.