Corona Virus Thread

I’m pretty sure I saw 3 or 4 people, just fall over dead as the Mrs and I walked past them on the way to,our table . 

Pretty much no one here has the Chinese flu , and not being 78 and obese ,I have little to  fear if they did , hell I had Hep C ,never knew and my immune system kicked its ass , something like an 8% chance .  I’m a pinnacle of health .

I should write a book , ok a pamphlet or brochure , maybe a leaflet . Would you listen to my podcast ?  What the heck’s a tick tok ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

No but you are also not in a concert setting on top of people. I’m sure you maintain your social distance and he made it sound like they did not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just stop already ,how long are you going to continue to tip toe through life ? I can't wait for elections so this shit can be done with. 

• Like 3

Just stop already ,how long are you going to continue to tip toe through life ? I can't wait for elections so this shit can be done with. 

Trust me I don’t tip toe through life. I bet it spend more time with the general public than almost anyone on this forum. I bet I spend more time in restaurants than almost anyone on this forum. I’d bet I come In contact with more people in a single day than most of you do in a week. God forbid I was a a symptomatic carrier the damage I would do would be huge

Are you saying if you tested COVID-19 positive but asymptomatic you would continue to circulate as normal, or would you quarantine until you were virus free?

I ask because a lot of people are currently saying they have been notified they tested positive when they never tested at all.

Are you saying if you tested COVID-19 positive but asymptomatic you would continue to circulate as normal, or would you quarantine until you were virus free?
I ask because a lot of people are currently saying they have been notified they tested positive when they never tested at all.

I’m saying if I never knew I had it which is possible and went through life as normal it could be pretty bad..

If I had no symptoms why would I even get a test?

Many people are getting tested when they have no symptoms. 
I guess the govt is looking for asymptomatic cases.

They are getting tested by choice or because of a know exposure

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The owner auto repair shop I use decided he and his wife should be tested because of contact with many people. They went to a place in Syracuse, filled out their paperwork and sat down to wait and be tested. After a couple of hours of waiting with no test in sight he decided to hell with that and left. A couple of weeks later he got a letter in the mail saying they tested positive!:umnik:

• Like 3

The owner auto repair shop I use decided he and his wife should be tested because of contact with many people. They went to a place in Syracuse, filled out their paperwork and sat down to wait and be tested. After a couple of hours of waiting with no test in sight he decided to hell with that and left. A couple of weeks later he got a letter in the mail saying they tested positive!:umnik:

I’d believe it maybe if I saw the paper work

This is the exact way I keep hearing this story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has been relentlessly criticized for lifting his states’ lockdown orders. But a closer look at the CDC’s top “hot spots” shows that most of them involved outbreaks among prisoners and nursing home residents—people who are literally on lockdown.

While we must protect those in congregate settings, such as nursing homes and prisons, as well as the non-institutionalized elderly and those with underlying health conditions, the rest of the community is generally recovering from mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19, and many others are asymptomatic.

If the data is showing more people are asymptomatic, having milder illness, and recovering at higher rates with fewer complications and hospitalizations, and we know who to protect, why aren’t public health officials emphasizing getting this data-driven good news to the public?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/08/05/without-proper-context-leaked-covid-19-data-is-worse-than-misleading/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=without-proper-context-leaked-covid-19-data-is-worse-than-misleading?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWWpVMU1qRm1NMlE0T0dOaSIsInQiOiJFVVdqcHpaYlwvTWFMSHpwNHpCNjdFUk9hZDJzZVwvS2dXU0NsaENmUXh0MzJFZ1BSSHM3cmVJdnVnc21UVjRWbzlRSFZzYnpKUGpzWFBlYVg2QnRjK3FPXC9yNGFuNDNSellJSmo5b2syaFAzcFJUWFMxN1V1bE5yR3dcLzh1anRtRjkifQ%3D%3D

On 8/9/2020 at 9:41 AM, airedale said:

What's also messed up about this story is how we are the greatest country in the world and we still can't get test readily available for people.

What's might be even scarier is that there is someone who is positive and walking around unaware because they sent his results to the mechanic instead.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

The Don said this may be the last time we see him for a while. He has a lot of rich enemies. Is an assassination brewing?

Wow, did I almost call this? Shots fired outside shire house

Close enough. People are firing at the President’s vehicles...long hot summer continues- this election cycle is gonna be bonkers (and not in a good way)

One literally couldn't have made the US less great as Americans are restricted from entering Europe (and most countries around the world) because the pandemic is worse here than anywhere else on earth. Everywhere for which we have data.

Yes, the virus is not his fault. But despite some initial good steps, his failure to respond adequately is his responsibility. Nowhere else has a leader's inaction allowed the virus to become as bad as it is in our country.

The number of lives lost is expected to double before the end of the year. Millions more will become infected. Tens of millions (one in ten workers) still out of a job. Evictions beginning. Food lines becoming longer. And still no comprehensive plan. No mask mandate. No awareness.

What will it take to fix this? November 3.