Corona Virus Thread

37 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Dual citizen or not, you just can't bring yourself to answer the question about being a hunter can you? Because you're not. You're just here to troll. Go ahead and be truthful it, it's not a big deal. We've already figured it out.

Now go ahead and tell us how you're such an outdoorsman.

We’re already having a mind-numbingly boring political conversation about things that no reasonable person on the left or right disagree. (ie. There isn’t a single reasonable Republican claiming that only ~9000 people died from Covid because of comorbidities. That’s a dumb ass argument and only dumb asses are making it). I won’t take the time to justify to you that I’m not Lee or that I do in fact hunt. It just wouldn’t be fair to the thousands of people that visit this forum.

11 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

You may have missed my earlier comment where I said; Do both until one overtakes the other. On it's own, without any kind of subsidies. 

Alternate forms of energy have to be developed. Oil, gas, and coal resources are finite.

That doesn’t make any sense. The subsidies for big oil are already in place. If you’re asking for an even playing field, it’s not currently there. It’s a good thing for the government to incentivize technologies that will be good for this country, especially when the playing field is as a lopsided as it currently is. Also, if it means helping people who lost their jobs become employable again (retraining).  

8 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You: Does trump need to tell YOU to wear a mask?

Me: No, not me. He needs to tell his base.

You: WHY WON’T YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION???

Haha. That's out of context and you know it. My follow up was "Why does the POTUS have to say it to you?

The question you were avoiding was "do you even hunt, Bro"? You can say you do all you want, but it's unlikely that you do. You joined a hunting board but never talk about it. I don't know any hunters that won't talk about it to other hunters. Unlike Chef (whom I appreciate being in a debate with) you sir are here to add nothing but pot stirring.

48 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

You quote very well. Please point out where I was wrong or contradictory in my statement.

I’m sorry man, I can’t keep handing out free logic and argumentation lessons. If you’re interested I can try to put together a package for you… I’ll even give you a huntingNY forum discount

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I’m sorry man, I can’t keep handing out free logic and argumentation lessons. If you’re interested I can try to put together a package for you… I’ll even give you a huntingNY forum discount

Because you can't. I'm not for subsidies on any energy. Fossil or green. Never said I was, despite your trying to put words in my mouth.

You keep trying to attribute things to me that I never said or inferred. Obviously you have no points that are valid on their own.

2 hours ago, airedale said:

As someone who has run a message board for many years what I believe you have here is what I call dual citizenship, a person who has two or maybe more accounts under different names. On most boards it is a banning offence for the simple reason it is done by a troll to stir up trouble which is pretty plain to see by just reviewing posts. 

Don't know about the workings of this board but on mine I have tools to find, expose and root these people out.

Al

I always felt papist and vjp were the same person.  And as crazy as this sounds i also had a feeling that they were also uptown redneck I believe the name was.   One person.  Three names.  All crazy.  

I always felt papist and vjp were the same person.  And as crazy as this sounds i also had a feeling that they were also uptown redneck I believe the name was.   One person.  Three names.  All crazy.  
Only one that would know for sure is@WNYBuckHunter or maybe@fasteddie

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

34 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Because you can't. I'm not for subsidies on any energy. Fossil or green. Never said I was, despite your trying to put words in my mouth.

You keep trying to attribute things to me that I never said or inferred. Obviously you have no points that are valid on their own.

Are you suggesting that we pull big oil subsidies? Then what, sit idly during the ensuing collapse and massive job loss, and hope that something positive emerges from the rubble? That’s actually not your worst idea so far.
Here’s a good primer from the conservative leaning Forbes:

7 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yup, and probably reincarnated into Versatile Non-Hunter.

I took the bait and searched those names. Looks like this identity debate has been ongoing for over half a decade!
Very conspiratorial - how fun. This may help you understand yourself a little better:  https://psychcentral.com/blog/conspiracy-theory-disorder-understanding-why-people-believe/  

5 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:
I took the bait and searched those names. Looks like this identity debate has been ongoing for over half a decade!
Very conspiratorial - how fun. This may help you understand yourself a little better:  https://psychcentral.com/blog/conspiracy-theory-disorder-understanding-why-people-believe/  

How thoughtful of you, but I understand myself just fine.

So how's your hunting season going? Out for squirrels yet? Geese?

35 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Only one that would know for sure is@WNYBuckHunter or maybe@fasteddie

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

And the commonality between VJP, Papist, and Versatile Non-hunter is that none of them hunt. Although I may be wrong about Papist.

16 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

This may help you understand yourself. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/condescending

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

And the commonality between VJP, Papist, and Versatile Non-hunter is that none of them hunt. Although I may be wrong about Papist.

I definitely don’t need to prove my hunting bona fides to you. But look, this is a hunting forum and I’d hate for any spectating new hunter out there to be reluctant to join because of a perceived hunting litmus test. As we disagree about very fundamental and seemingly obvious ideas, let’s work to keep this forum inviting to as diverse an audience as possible.

18 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I definitely don’t need to prove my hunting bona fides to you. But look, this is a hunting forum and I’d hate for any spectating new hunter out there to be reluctant to join because of a perceived hunting litmus test. As we disagree about very fundamental and seemingly obvious ideas, let’s work to keep this forum inviting to as diverse an audience as possible.

What nonsense are you talking about now?

This is what I said, "So how's your hunting season going? Out for squirrels yet? Geese?"

And this is a "litmus test"? And it may dissuade new hunters from joining a forum where **gasp** hunting is discussed?

Man, you're really out there. I'll give you this, you really are furthering the image of the stereotypical liberal nonsense talker.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I definitely don’t need to prove my hunting bona fides to you. But look, this is a hunting forum and I’d hate for any spectating new hunter out there to be reluctant to join because of a perceived hunting litmus test

There is not and never has been a litmus test for one's hunting skills in order to be a member of this forum. I believe  members especially welcome newbies and love to help point them in the right direction the best we can.

Like you said this is a hunting forum so how about talking about hunting and the equipment used instead of trolling a by far percentage wise Conservative  membership here with Dem politics in 99% of your posts for a change!

Al

27 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

What nonsense are you talking about now?

This is what I said, "So how's your hunting season going? Out for squirrels yet? Geese?"

And this is a "litmus test"? And it may dissuade new hunters from joining a forum where **gasp** hunting is discussed?

Man, you're really out there. I'll give you this, you really are furthering the image of the stereotypical liberal nonsense talker.

It’s like pulling teeth with you. You’ve questioned whether I hunt. I’m not engaging in that nonsense and I spelled out why. Not everything is a liberal attack.