Corona Virus Thread

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

In response to the pandemic, most of the rich are going to their second homes. The ones choosing to fully vacate nyc are largely staying in the state.
I think nyc will rebound as it always has. The city is a massive revenue generator for NY, so I hope it does for the sake of  the state. 

39 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

His realtor shocked him by how high the suggested listing price was, being 25% higher than expected by what he was told a year ago.

Real Estate is nuts right now. My neighbors just sold theirs for $59,000 more than they paid for it 4 years ago and $46,000 more than the assessed value.

It was on the market for a week, they had 15 bids, and  got the full amount it was listed for on a cash deal.

Over a 35% increase in four years.

5 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Real Estate is nuts right now. My neighbors just sold theirs for $59,000 more than they paid for it 4 years ago and $46,000 more than the assessed value.

It was on the market for a week, they had 15 bids, and  got the full amount it was listed for on a cash deal.

Over a 35% increase in four years.

Yeah. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/nyregion/nyc-suburbs-housing-demand.html

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/01/cuomo-admin-accused-of-stonewall-over-covid-19-nursing-home-deaths/

November 5th the results? What a coincidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sen. Gustavo Rivera (D-Bronx), who chairs the health committee told Zucker, “It seems to me that the definition you insist on keeping on the books, and one that no other state utilizes, and makes you look better than what you actually did — that’s a problem, bro.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, buffalojay83 said:

Covid pandemic is a sham that has been weapons and exploited by the crazed leftists and globalist media. .0029 death rate. Wake the f up tools. MAGA2020 y'all. That is all.

Can't argue with that kind of well-reasoned and science-based position. Thank you, Dr. Atlas.

7 minutes ago, left field said:

Can't argue with that kind of well-reasoned and science-based position. Thank you, Dr. Atlas.

It seems no one wants to debate or discuss science or factual based reasoning from either side which would be productive. Just both sides throwing jabs and yelling orange man bad or orange man rad.

• Like 1

Nancy Pelosi caught on video not wearing mask at a hair salon. Now she's trying to say they set her up lol. So far that's Pelosi, Cuomo, Fauci and DiBlasio all caught not wearing masks when next to random strangers. Hypocrites

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nancy Pelosi caught on video not wearing mask at a hair salon. Now she's trying to say they set her up lol. So far that's Pelosi, Cuomo, Fauci and DiBlasio all caught not wearing masks when next to random strangers. Hypocrites

Makes you think, are they not afraid of the virus?

• Like 1

2.6 co morbiditys and are old but i get your point. Not sure we should have shut down the economy for that. I think we could of and still could in some states Just keep our old and sick isolated and still have a economy. But people are loosing there homes and businesses on what was a 14 day flatten the curb shutdown. 

• Like 1

And if I infect someone who has a co morbidity ... well, they were going to die anyway. 

Read the article

"But what I wanted to say then, what I would echo again now is that while the virus does not give me a great amount of personal fear, there's still great reason for me to engage in wearing a mask and social distancing and washing my hands as frequently as I can and following protocols that have been set in place obviously to be respectful and considerate of other people, which is very important, but then also to be available for all 16 games this fall because as the protocol is set up, if a player were to test positive, they would be potentially out of a game or games.

1 hour ago, left field said:

No idea who Kirk Cousins is. I was just riffing off of Biz's two comments.

But as quoted, that's a reasonable approach. Personal safety, public safety, follow protocols, get on with life.

Kirk Cousins Clarifies Comments on COVID-19, Says He Was Addressing His 'Own Personal Perspective'

1a2678d0-ffe6-11e8-bfff-a0df48e415cb
Rachel DeSantis
PeopleSeptember 3, 2020
88ead296db9a27c54417e79d716609e7

Ezra Shaw/Getty Kirk Cousins

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins is clarifying comments he made about the coronavirus, emphasizing that while he still does not personally feel particularly fearful about contracting COVID-19, he understands the importance of wearing a mask for the safety of others.

Cousins, 32, drew criticism for his seemingly dismissive take on the deadly virus during a recent podcast, in which he said that, considering his personal circumstances, he wasn’t afraid of catching it, and would continue to live his life as normal.

“If I get it, I’m gonna ride it out. I’m gonna let nature do its course. Survival-of-the-fittest kind of an approach,” he said on Wednesday’s episode of Spotify’s 10 Questions podcast. “And just say, if it knocks me out, it knocks me out. I’m going to be OK. You know, even if I die. If I die, I die. I kind of have peace about that.”

He did, however, say that he wears a mask so as to be “respectful to other people.”

On 9/3/2020 at 8:28 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

A friend of mine around Syracuse is listing his house for sale in a week or two after some upgrades are finished. His realtor shocked him by how high the suggested listing price was, being 25% higher than expected by what he was told a year ago. Reason? Realtor is marketing it heavily to NYC residents. Proof will be what it sells for, but Realtor even said he may get offers above asking price. Seller's market for sure.

Interesting! I guess it's finally time to really put my house and 175 acres (fantastic deer and turkey hunting) on the market, and head back to Alaska. 

Interesting! I guess it's finally time to really put my house and 175 acres (fantastic deer and turkey hunting) on the market, and head back to Alaska. 

It’s true. The market in the suburbs right now is insane. Every house is either a bidding war or someone from nyc just pays way over asking full cash and waives the inspection without ever seeing the house in person. Great time to sell high if you are leaving the area completely.

• Like 1

It’s true. The market in the suburbs right now is insane. Every house is either a bidding war or someone from nyc just pays way over asking full cash and waives the inspection without ever seeing the house in person. Great time to sell high if you are leaving the area completely.

2 bedroom 2 bath in Columbia county (great views) renting for $6,000 a MONTH. I only know cuz the guy doing the plumbing of the new well told me....FYI- the new well was 650’ down and draws on 3/4 gallon a minute!!!! Seems worth every penny for great views and not nice n NYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 bedroom 2 bath in Columbia county (great views) renting for $6,000 a MONTH. I only know cuz the guy doing the plumbing of the new well told me....FYI- the new well was 650’ down and draws on 3/4 gallon a minute!!!! Seems worth every penny for great views and not nice n NYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. It’s not just insane in Westchester either. My brother is looking to buy in dutchess and offered $525K on a $540K house. Someone from nyc jumped in at $570K cash (no mortgage) and waived inspection and never saw the house in person. Done, sold. Bonkers right now. My neighbor had 34 offers 2 days into putting their for sale. Sold way over asking.

• Like 1