Corona Virus Thread

On 10/5/2020 at 10:20 AM, Chef said:

Justify this ... he doesn’t care about any law enforcement.. not even his own secret service

https://trib.al/egzWfgu?fbclid=IwAR2xf6vkhbbwZ05979vnEqXIVHWhNMnDhYkbnqPo5S5Flya21nsq0WTDHE4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I see is a strong commander and chief. Someone that doesn't think eveyone in the world is our friend. Don't trust our enemies. Someone that is holding Iran and North Korea in check.  Someone that is responsible for sending the stock market to record levels, someone that created jobs and lowered unemployment to very low levels. Ya, Trump really a bad choice. Ha.

Can you say that about the Obama years. The years of stagflation. Complete failure in Foreign Policy.  Not even enough balls to be a good Senator in Illinois. Country's on the right road fella, get you head out of the sand. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Cuomo finally opening movie theaters in NY. Last state to do so. 10/23 outside of nyc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only 25% capacity. How can a theater pay for the overhead?  That wouldn't pay the rent, let alone wages, utilities. 

• Like 1

Only 25% capacity. How can a theater pay for the overhead?  That wouldn't pay the rent, let alone wages, utilities. 

Nope. Brutal. Just like Nyc resturants, they reopened and now closed. Can’t stay afloat with 50%

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

https://nypost.com/2020/10/21/nyc-parents-filing-lawsuit-to-force-full-reopening-of-schools/

I love this. it's absolutely absurd kids aren't in schools right now.

If I remember correctly I think you told us that you'll be working from home for the foreseeable future, Biz??  Why is it OK for you to work from home and not the school kids to learn from home??

5 minutes ago, steve863 said:

If I remember correctly I think you told us that you'll be working from home for the foreseeable future, Biz??  Why is it OK for you to work from home and not the school kids to learn from home??

it's a business decision. I work on the 40th floor of a 52 floor building. If everyone went into work at the same time, and followed nyc elevator rules (4 at a time), we were told it could be a 3-4 hour wait. I can go into work every single day or stay home. I love working from home, so why commute?

• Like 1

Just got this email at 9:36 PM. Random testing was done on Tuesday. My son didn’t get picked but 5 kids in his class got picked to be tested

9ed6b3982ca3e5dceea0611e39a31af1.jpg&key=331b5770ff6935f143c0704812d1fded5485c49c523d30a9124bac15a9840eb8

If he was chosen, could you opt out? I don’t see how they can make someone get tested.

15 hours ago, Elmo said:

Just got this email at 9:36 PM. Random testing was done on Tuesday. My son didn’t get picked but 5 kids in his class got picked to be tested

9ed6b3982ca3e5dceea0611e39a31af1.jpg

We have had a few similar siturations in some of our  school systems .  Niagara Falls had one school close for the 14 day quaratine period, as a low percentage of students tested positive. Now back reopen for 2 days on 3 days remote learning., as all of Niagara Falls schools started the year. The city of Buffalo infection rate has been running higher than the rest of the Western New York " region." They elected for remote learning only with little backlash from parents. Higher population.

This virus has been taking hold on larger clusters of population. It hit NYC, hard at the beginning. I don't think, at this point anyway, why anyone would be willing to take the chance with children lives in higher populated areas?

21 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If he was chosen, could you opt out? I don’t see how they can make someone get tested.

You have to fill out a consent form but if you don't fill it out then you have to go full remote learning.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Update:

it was two kids.  One in the 5th grade and one in the 4th grade.  Their class will go full remote for 14 days.  The school was closed today to be completely sanitized.  Rest of the school re-opens for in person learning tomorrow.

On 10/22/2020 at 7:54 PM, Elmo said:

Update #2.

I wrote the first update at 7:20ish.  At 7:38PM I get another email telling us that we they are now shutting down the entire school for 2 full weeks.

after the election I have the feeling magically this virus  will go away at least from the news . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Mr. Phantom:

What is your feeling now that we've passed the election, the virus is spiking in a third wave, and the news is uniformly dismal? Still a ploy to oust Trump? Time for everybody to get real, stop denying, stop making it political, and come together like the great nation we are to nip this in the bud. I'm in this fight until the end, but that's always been true. I am a scientist.

Respectfully,

KNehrke

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Hello, Mr. Phantom:

What is your feeling now that we've passed the election, the virus is spiking in a third wave, and the news is uniformly dismal? Still a ploy to oust Trump? Time for everybody to get real, stop denying, stop making it political, and come together like the great nation we are to nip this in the bud. I'm in this fight until the end, but that's always been true. I am a scientist.

Respectfully,

KNehrke

Because of trump we already have a vaccine that's coming out  in a  few weeks  instead of years   the only reason you are still hearing about the virus is because trump is still  president . and biden may not be president  because of all the election fraud  that the media  does not want to talk about  because they want biden  in ,  not hard to figure out . and the death rate is about 75%  less because of trump  putting a fire under their  ass to come up  with new therapeutics to treat it .

Edited by phantom

59 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Hello, Mr. Phantom:

Respectfully,

KNehrke

they are using  the  virus that's here because of china   to try and make it trumps fault when it was coming here no matter who was president .   

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Because of trump we already have a vaccine that's coming out  in a  few weeks  instead of years

What the heck does Trump have to do with it?  Companies that are producing the vaccines are independent private companies.  Many of the companies aren't even American.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, phantom said:

Because of trump we already have a vaccine that's coming out  in a  few weeks  instead of years   the only reason you are still hearing about the virus is because trump is still  president . and biden may not be president  because of all the election fraud  that the media  does not want to talk about  because they want biden  in ,  not hard to figure out . and the death rate is about 75%  less because of trump  putting a fire under their  ass to come up  with new therapeutics to treat it .

Thank you for marginalizing the efforts of all of my colleagues who have worked diligently to combat this virus. Trump has made our job harder, not easier, and he certainly didn't light a fire under anyone's nether region - he didn't need to, the virus itself, which he downplayed at every turn, was sufficient motivation in and of itself.

Everything good comes from Trump, everything bad comes from the Dems, right? Stop lapping up whatever that guy pukes into the twittersphere. I'm a Republican, have been forever, but for most people trying to fight this thing, the virus isn't political, and efforts to make it so are simply repugnant. The biggest problem we face is dogmatic arguments that ignore logic and facts. It's easy to throw shade, try being part of the solution.

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, knehrke said:

Thank you for marginalizing the efforts of all of my colleagues who have worked diligently to combat this virus. Trump has made our job harder, not easier, and he certainly didn't light a fire under anyone's nether region - he didn't need to, the virus itself, which he downplayed at every turn, was sufficient motivation in and of itself.

Everything good comes from Trump, everything bad comes from the Dems, right? Stop lapping up whatever that guy pukes into the twittersphere. I'm a Republican, have been forever, but for most people trying to fight this thing, the virus isn't political, and efforts to make it so are simply repugnant. The biggest problem we face is dogmatic arguments that ignore logic and facts. It's easy to throw shade, try being part of the solution.

I know its pointless  you cant talk to guys like you   don't want to except reality   he streamlined the process cut red tape and made it go faster or how else do you  explain  it  happing this fast did ,china  come up with  the vaccines  first ? nope what about Italy or France ,nope    and   it was in those  country's  first   it  is  silly even talking to you when you cant even see  what's in front of your eyes . That's the   difference when you have businessman    in charge verse a lazy   goofoff career  politician  in charge  like biden who cant even come out the basement to talk to voters . 

Historically it has taken decades to put out a safe, effective vaccine. The chickenpox vaccine took 28 years to develop, for example, as did the FluMist influenza vaccine, which can be sprayed in the nose. That’s because it typically takes five to 10 years of research and development, which includes animal testing, before a vaccine can move to human clinical trials. Then human trials, which happen in several phases, with different numbers of and populations of people, can take six to eight years or more. 

11 hours ago, Elmo said:

What the heck does Trump have to do with it?  Companies that are producing the vaccines are independent private companies.  Many of the companies aren't even American.

he cut red tape that's what . why china did not do it first then? It was there first right ? You would think they would be way ahead with vaccine or EU 

but yet it happened in USA first think that a  coincidence  .  its trump doing things the private business way  of doing things instead of the slow government way of doing things that made it happen that fast .  or china or  the EU would have had it first . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I know its pointless  you cant talk to guys like you   don't want to except reality   he streamlined the process cut red tape and made it go faster or how else do you  explain  it  happing this fast did ,china  come up with  the vaccines  first ? nope what about Italy or France ,nope    and   it was in those  country's  first

Really now?  The major leaders of the virus vaccine are 3 from China (CanSino, SinoPharma, and SinoVac), Moderna (US), AstraZeneca (UK), and BioNTech (Germany) which Pfizer made a deal with because Pfizer was so late in the game.  So when Pfizer announced their results "first", it was really off the work of the Germans. BioNTech is just using Pfizer as the big name distributor.   AstraZeneca was in the lead until one patient developed problems so they paused it out of caution.  They then figured out the patient's problem had nothing to do with the vaccine so they restarted again but lost the lead.  CanSino hit a snag in their test because get this...they've eradicated coronavirus from China.  The volunteers have to be in areas of high positive rates.  They were the first to enter phase 3 trials but by that time there were no longer any cases in China so they had to travel to Brazil, Mexico, and Pakistan to get volunteers and set up testing stations there.  It also didn't matter which country it started out from.  The strains that they're testing with was shared freely with every country.  The amazing thing about this vaccine race is that the entire world is coming together jointly to try to come up with the vaccine.

PS: Also, friends of mine in the pharma industry told me that the first vaccine is almost never the one that ends up dominating the market.  It does in the beginning but then the sales reps come in, the behind the back hand shakes take over, and then next thing you know, one of the big pharma's end up selling the most even if theirs isn't the best.

• Like 1