Jump to content

Corona Virus Thread


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

As florida beaches are still packed.....  

95% of those on the beach are college students not from FL.   And I Believe the most popular beaches for spring break have been cleared. 

But I think all should be closed. 

Edited by mowin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

95% of those on the beach are college students not from FL.   And I Believe the most popular beaches for spring break have been cleared. 

But I think all should be closed. 

I saw an aerial pic of two counties.  One county beach was cleared (duval county) and the neighboring county was jammed with people (st johns county if im correct). Ridiculous!   The governor should have just shut it all down, not leave it up to the locality.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick update on my daughter. Saturday was a really tough day, she was a little furnace and really felt terrible. Yesterday her fever broke and she actually ate something. This morning she woke up bright and cheery and ready to play. You can tell she's not back to 100%, I'm sure being sick took a lot out of her, but she's getting there. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be anything major, and I appreciate the well wishes from forum members. Thank you!

  • Like 27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Elmo said:

I have to say I've had to pleasure of meeting left field on 3 separate occasions.  Neither of those times have he tried to confiscate my guns or tried to have me get an abortion.

Pleasure was mine. It’s all good ... people blowing off steam during a stressful time. Myself included. 

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

He didn't take anyone else's money and pay for my drinks, that was actually disappointing

Sorry about that. I was distracted with marveling at bionic’s hand and that girl who came over to ask who the the hell we all were. Next time, I’ll be sure to lift a few wallets and buy for all. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Expect a volatile week in the market. Amazon workers in NY expected to strike today.

Tesla and GM announce reports this week as well.


Sent from my iPhone using 

Is amazon a union ? Out of work people can just step in and fill their positions.  This isnt the 40s where the line will beat the shit out of you for crossing it. They send cops now to escort workers in the building.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Expect a volatile week in the market. Amazon workers in NY expected to strike today.

Tesla and GM announce reports this week as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better I still say the bottom is back in 17,000 land for the dow

C064BBE7-66BD-42E5-8336-44F062A192EB.jpeg

Edited by OtiscoPaul
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

I saw an aerial pic of two counties.  One county beach was cleared (duval county) and the neighboring county was jammed with people (st johns county if im correct). Ridiculous!   The governor should have just shut it all down, not leave it up to the locality.  

FL gov speaking now.  Believe he's finally signing a executive order to stay at home.  Little late IMHO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better I still say the bottom is back in 17,000 land for the dow
C064BBE7-66BD-42E5-8336-44F062A192EB.thumb.jpeg.3b5efa0abedc1241d3ea3f35664b6968.jpeg


I’m teed up and ready to buy big on QQQ and VOO when we hit bottom


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets better I still say the bottom is back in 17,000 land for the dow
C064BBE7-66BD-42E5-8336-44F062A192EB.thumb.jpeg.3b5efa0abedc1241d3ea3f35664b6968.jpeg
That's fine and dandy except these drops are two totally different circumstances. Liquidity is not an issue for the banks as it was in 08. So I wouldn't worry too much. Things will fluctuate but this time next year we will be back to the highs if not above them. So that said I'm buying

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

That's fine and dandy except these drops are two totally different circumstances. Liquidity is not an issue for the banks as it was in 08. So I wouldn't worry too much. Things will fluctuate but this time next year we will be back to the highs if not above them. So that said I'm buying

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
 

 

 

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

 


I’m teed up and ready to buy big on QQQ and VOO when we hit bottom


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Im waiting to get back in closer to bottom and after Election.  Want to see it drop again...... Trump not getting re - elected would do it too.  I looked at this as a definite for him to be re-elected.  Feel like its more of a wait and see where this all goes now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2020 at 4:57 PM, First-light said:

My 86 year old mother tested positive for the virus. She was sick the last few weeks. Went from assisted living to the hospital. She is a cancer patient also. So with that said she is getting better each day. She has 10 more days of isolation until she can come home. They gave her Tylenol not advil for the fever. She is tough and we are so lucky! 

Doctors wanted to discharge her Friday. Assisted living would not take back being a positive patient. We opted to keep her in the hospital in islolation. Unfortunately her lungs are getting worse and is on oxygen. doctors cant explain it. Nobody has seen her in almost 25 days now. It's breaking her little heart and all of ours. We got her an Ipad that the aid is helping her with so we can see each other when calling. Prayers needed please!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...