Corona Virus Thread

9 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s a 4 day plus wait for everyone, for the most part. Just plan ahead be smart and flatten the curve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried over the weekend and earlier in the week both for delivery and curbside pickup. One day I could not even get a delivery  or pickup time. The next day I was able to get a curbside pickup time only to have it canceled by instacart a few hours later. 

I ended up going to my small grocery store myself. 

I will throw this tip out there for everyone. Try your local restaurant purveyor not the giants like Sysco or us foods but the smaller local ones many of them are happy to do home delivery. If you live in the NYC metro area and need easy next day home delivery PM me and I can help

24 minutes ago, virgil said:

I would have loved it if someone would have asked him to explain 'our stockpile'.

DC? Trump family? Highest bidder? I’m sure that nasty question will be asked today. I for one feel much better that this dweeb is in charge.

13 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I saw a church with about 20+ cars in the lot. I don’t even have a response for this. 

It’s insane. I was talking with a neighbour who made a run to Walmart the other day. He said that no one had masks, gloves or practiced social distancing. Downstate problem I guess. 

48 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I tried over the weekend and earlier in the week both for delivery and curbside pickup. One day I could not even get a delivery  or pickup time. The next day I was able to get a curbside pickup time only to have it canceled by instacart a few hours later. 

I ended up going to my small grocery store myself. 

For food   Side door deli will curb side and they practice very high standards if you want to go in. Prepped meals , meats , perogies , sides , soups and deli meats. Grab yourself a chicken finger sub too Easter hams and fish frys 

• Like 1

Anyone else hear from any of their military friends or family members about an impending “don’t leave your house” edict across the country? I am not an alarmist(nor do I think I would be alarmed by that edict) but that came across from two different close military friends/family just Yesterday. I know it’s been out there before but wondering if it’s been heard by others recently

1 hour ago, OtiscoPaul said:

I think he is teasing his wny possie because he has to understand way more folks were tested in bestchester as it was the first cluster in NY

this isn’t SteveD hiding under a rock it’s The Biz

:pickeat::fuck:

Saw this on FB ....

The sleeping giant is awake now!
Carnival Cruise line told President Trump, “We can match those big Navy hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships.”
GM & Ford said, “Hold our cars, watch this; we can make ventilators where we were making cars by next week.”
Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff & doctors.”
Restaurants & schools said, “We’ve got kitchens & staff; we can feed the kids.”
NHL & NBA players are writing checks to pay the arena staff during postponed seasons.
Churches are holding online services & taking care of their members & community.
Women & children are making homemade masks & handing out snacks to truckers.
Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients.
We thought we couldn’t live without baseball, hockey, NHRA & NASCAR, or going to beaches, restaurants, or a bar.. Instead, we’re ordering take-out to help keep businesses alive.
What they didn’t count on was America saying, “Hold my beer, watch this.”
I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941: “I think we have awakened a sleeping giant.”
Give us a little more time & we will be doing much better! Stop listening to the hysterical media.
We are one nation, under God.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

That sounds like a horrible idea , if I go to the store and back ,that is one trip into store . A delivery guy will spend way more time in public and around other people . Then he touches all your stuff and who knows if he is sneezing and coughing into his hand. The virus doesnt hide in the shadows and then jump you . Keep your distance and dont touch your face til you get home and disinfect. I've been spraying down packages and mail before bringing it in our house. We have specific shoes that only get worn to the store that dont come inside . A little planning goes a long way.

I agree. I avoid people in same aisles. The delivery random kid sits with stuff in his car, etc.

Confirmed coronavirus cases reach one million worldwide

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases across the globe reached one million on Thursday, according to tracking by Johns Hopkins University.

There have been more than 50,000 reported deaths from the virus so far, including thousands in the United States, China, Iran and large numbers in such European countries as Italy, Spain, France and the United Kingdom. Roughly half of the world’s population has been in some kind of lockdown or settle-in-place order to limit movement and the spread of the pandemic, including all of India’s 1.3 billion people.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491009-cuomo-order-new-york-commandeer-ventilators-protective-gear

Cuomo says the state will run out of ventilators in six days, then signed an executive order allowing him to seize them from upstate and bring to NYC .

He’s using the National Guard to move them, in case any of you upstaters get any ideas about where you fall in the hierarchy.

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/491009-cuomo-order-new-york-commandeer-ventilators-protective-gear

Cuomo says the state will run out of ventilators in six days, then signed an executive order allowing him to seize them from upstate and bring to NYC .
He’s using the National Guard to move them, in case any of you upstaters get any ideas about where you fall in the hierarchy.

Come on guy it’s not where you fall in the hierarchy it’s where you fall in the current need level. Let’s be serious

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the current need level in NYC will persist well into the local need level, given that the average intubated patient requires support for at least a week, NYC shows no signs of slowing down, and WNY is entering the exponential phase. The governor's promise to pay for any ventilators he takes doesn't help when that local need emerges. If projections are correct, we're just deciding where resources will end up. And as usual, NYC wins. I get that he needs to address the most pressing current need, but that won't help us when we're facing the gun. Any way you look at it, it's bad news.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, left field said:

DC? Trump family? Highest bidder? I’m sure that nasty question will be asked today. I for one feel much better that this dweeb is in charge.

It’s insane. I was talking with a neighbour who made a run to Walmart the other day. He said that no one had masks, gloves or practiced social distancing. Downstate problem I guess. 

I dont know if I clarified my comment.  The church I saw with cars in it was in Florida.  Not that it makes any difference where it was located.  Still so reckless. 

25 minutes ago, Chef said:

Come on guy it’s not where you fall in the hierarchy it’s where you fall in the current need level. Let’s be serious

I hate to say it but it's a little bit of both. As Cuomo says NYS is testing more people per capita than any where else in the world. Yet here in WNY, Erie county specifically, our County Executive say's they don't have enough test kits nor can they get results back in a timely manor. He does not blame Cuomo or NYC but you can read between the lines. 

Now all of WNY's ventilators will get shipped to NYC where they are needed currently. What happens when in the next 2 weeks WNY needs those back but they are still in NYC being used? Do they pull them off the people using them and let them die? Do they tell the people in WNY tough shit we are using them?  

• Like 1