Corona Virus Thread

5 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Have they given the drug out?  I haven't heard too much on that as of late

I thought I heard that yes NYS has given some out on a trial basis. 

A Business Insider article says NYS has 11 undergoing the treatment but it does not say what the treatment is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

I thought I heard that yes NYS has given some out on a trial basis. 

A Business Insider article says NYS has 11 undergoing the treatment but it does not say what the treatment is. 

Just 11 regular people with no connections I'm sure...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

What’s the status in Italy- it went from front page/first story to nothing?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s still big news but the New Rochelle case and the the subsequent flood of NY cases as well as other US hot spots pushed the story below the fold

They are tentatively hopeful that they are plateauing as they have seen a leveling off around 700 deaths a day after having significantly more than that at the peak 

Have they given the drug out?  I haven't heard too much on that as of late

They have I actually saw a interview with a DR who himself had to take it. He said it is showing it does shorten the course of illness significantly and should be give to patients before they become critical.

• Like 1

It’s still big news but the New Rochelle case and the the subsequent flood of NY cases as well as other US hot spots pushed the story below the fold
They are tentatively hopeful that they are plateauing as they have seen a leveling off around 700 deaths a day after having significantly more than that at the peak 

The benchmark for leveling off is not deaths per day but new cases, new cases will slow first then icu admits and then Deaths last.

38 minutes ago, Chef said:

The benchmark for leveling off is not deaths per day but new cases, new cases will slow first then icu admits and then Deaths last.

Semantics...I don’t write the news but this story has been reported the same way for 3 days

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN21L2JE

Edited by OtiscoPaul

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

They have I actually saw a interview with a DR who himself had to take it. He said it is showing it does shorten the course of illness significantly and should be give to patients before they become critical.

For once I'm ahead of the stockpiling curve.

Travelling pays off, I have a bottle of Proguanil pills here for anti malarial.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

What’s the status in Italy- it went from front page/first story to nothing?!?

They just recently had the largest amount of deaths in one day at over 1000 in one day.  Same is going to start happening here in the US.  Right not the number of ventilators are meeting the number of cases.  Once the number of patients far exceed the number of available ventilators, you're going to see a huge spike in deaths.

I've been saying this virus isn't serious for the young and healthy with proper medical care but that's under the assumption that proper medical care is available.

Thats good. Im sure you read (and im sure you’re not as careless) but a couple passed by self treating. 

That was a little different they used
chloroquine that is meant for fish tanks or some shit like that

• Like 2

They are not testing doctors and front line workers anymore because it's pointless.  You can waste a test on them and have it come back negative only to send them right back out afterwards.  Many front line workers work under the assumption they've must have already gotten it by now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Thats good. Im sure you read (and im sure you’re not as careless) but a couple passed by self treating. 

I read that....scary stuff.

On a related note those pills sell for $4 each here in the US via prescription only. I bought mine walking right into a pharmacy in Johannesburg, same exact maker and dosage; bottle of a hundred cost me 5 dollars US.

Our health system is F-d up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Elmo said:

They just recently had the largest amount of deaths in one day at over 1000 in one day.  Same is going to start happening here in the US.  Right not the number of ventilators are meeting the number of cases.  Once the number of patients far exceed the number of available ventilators, you're going to see a huge spike in deaths.

I've been saying this virus isn't serious for the young and healthy with proper medical care but that's under the assumption that proper medical care is available.

Tony Boselli ended up in the ICU, he said hes 47 and in the best shape of his life. So you just cant be too careful

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

0e92e559bb7f0f9d1615f1b239923154.jpg
Gee...why is this taking so long to runs its course?

This is the reason we will see more deaths than China. They make people stay home, which their society is more set up for of course . We don't even have stay at home orders in every state yet.  

That and they ALL wear masks. Which just make sense. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

Tony Boselli ended up in the ICU, he said hes 47 and in the best shape of his life. So you just cant be too careful

His wife beat it like nothing tho. Steroids break the body down (ex. Tiger Woods)

46 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

And with proper medical care, I'm betting he makes a full recovery.