Why Did we Creat HuntingNY.com?

One of our favorite sites has been offline for a few months and we descided to create our New York hunting forum that will stay up forever. Its a shame the other site went down, and I have no idea why.  There was a lot of great people on those forums.  Hopefully they will find there way over here.

• 2 months later...

I had never heard of the Empire Site . I was on the NYDEER site and it was pretty dead . Posted a message and e-mailed those that had an address and a few members from NYDEER came over here . Did the same thing on the NAHC site . Oh goodness me , i'm a Spammer ! alt=oh Nohttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/help.gif[/img]

I am very glad I found this site and forum. I used to go to Huntingnet but the forum there turned into a Pennsylvania b@#ch fest. I stopped going there about a year ago. Every once in a while I would just go on to see if anything has changed but it is still the same. Then the other day I saw a post about this site and I came a running. Thank you for creating this site. I never heard of Empire but I wish I had. I look forward to some good discussions with NY hunters.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I, too, was on NYDEER at one time. During that time, I was definitely undecided when it came to whether I was going to keep hunting. Those guys actually helped keep me in it. They were great people on there. This site is nice, but it's a real turn off for me. I've never seen so much infighting, especially when it comes to antlers. No offense to the creator of the site, but it's true. If you don't get the big buck on here (if you shoot a buck that doesn't meet with someones personal approval), you are effectively viewed as being lazy, a bambi killer, or some other childish thing. It kind of reminds me of a bunch of kids fighting over the biggest piece of candy. That's not camaraderie, as far as I'm considered. Has anyone noticed that a lot of the new people may post a few times, then disappear? I actually enjoy the forum, but not the constant judgement that comes along with it.

• Like 1

I thought this was the jerry springer sign ups!!

It sure seems like it sometimes. It's really not the way it should be. United we stand, divided we fall. This constant infighting is going to have a negative effect on us in the long run. It's stupid.

I, too, was on NYDEER at one time. During that time, I was definitely undecided when it came to whether I was going to keep hunting. Those guys actually helped keep me in it. They were great people on there. This site is nice, but it's a real turn off for me. I've never seen so much infighting, especially when it comes to antlers. No offense to the creator of the site, but it's true. If you don't get the big buck on here (if you shoot a buck that doesn't meet with someones personal approval), you are effectively viewed as being lazy, a bambi killer, or some other childish thing. It kind of reminds me of a bunch of kids fighting over the biggest piece of candy. That's not camaraderie, as far as I'm considered. Has anyone noticed that a lot of the new people may post a few times, then disappear? I actually enjoy the forum, but not the constant judgement that comes along with it.

I agree 100% i was called a liar when i said that people knock small deer..This is great lets see i guess im not the only liar on this website hahah!!!Any inout from the people that called me a liar!!!

Guys Guys.. this is only a forum... you need to get much thicker skins.. if someone typing something on a forum really gets to you that badly.. how do you survive in reality?...there are way more a-holes in real life...this is primarily just fellas and gals with stong opinions... although the name calling is childish it is just part of the human condition and shouldn't be taken so seriously.. for some here it gives them a chance to spout off knowing they aren't gonna get their teeth punched in for being an idiot..lighten up a bit.. you'll have way more fun... and great job on the site John.. it seems to be a crowd pleaser.

• Like 1

Guys Guys.. this is only a forum... you need to get much thicker skins.. if someone typing something on a forum really gets to you that badly.. how do you survive in reality?...there are way more a-holes in real life...this is primarily just fellas and gals with stong opinions... although the name calling is childish it is just part of the human condition and shouldn't be taken so seriously.. for some here it gives them a chance to spout off knowing they aren't gonna get their teeth punched in for being an idiot..lighten up a bit.. you'll have way more fun... and great job on the site John.. it seems to be a crowd pleaser.

Yeah, I guess you're right on that. Hell, I dealt with the military for years, where they certainly called us far worse, and, quite frankly, dealt with far worse situations. I freely admit that I'm short fused as hell. Thanks for the pep, NYANTLER.

Its hard to please everyone. People argue, be it on a forum or around a camp fire. Everyone needs to understand one thing, if you don't want to argue don't post on that specific thread. I will not baby sit the site, I've left forums in the past because if that, where everything had to moderated to the point where you were not allowed an opinion. Some times you just have to laugh it off as NyAntler said.

what was antler gate?

http://outdoornews.c...html?mode=story

I wonder what ever happened to that weasel. Probably on this site under a new name. Not to dig up old wounds of course. Hope Im not out of line here. Everyone who said anything about it on Empire found out shortly they couldnt get back on.

Edited by erussell