Well the creed is ready for Friday

Mounted the thermal on the 6.5 last night and ran out at lunch today (only free time I will have) to sight it in for the weekend with the 95g vmax.  

took 7 shots to dial it in at 100 (including a 3 shot detour where I adjusted in wrong direction - thermal is like archery you move crosshairs to hole not the opposite).     But 7 and 8 destroyed hand warmer at 100 albeit an inch left of center.  So I moved the x axis -1 and called it good since handwarmer was particles.   

Seeing how the holes opened up on just the handwarmer (compare 1/6 to 7/8) I am thinking this ammo will not be fur friendly if there is an exit.   Kinda hoping one hole only but that may be too optimistic.  It should drop em for sure.  

2F40C279-937F-4084-844D-D28388C62341.jpeg

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Details in the gun?  Thinking it’s NOT a Remington 700............lol

Where is the hunt Friday?

AR10 by 2A armament Law.   Not sure specifically where we are going Friday but Andrew and I are trying to make up for lost sick time.  lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grampy said:

The 95g V Max is not likely to be fur friendly. Especially at closer distances. But, looks like you have everything lined up nicely!!  Will be looking for more pic's in the predator harvest thread!!!  Send it my friend!

Yep - they open up pretty good on just the handwarmer.  My only hope is that like what happened with Let Em Grow's buck, they leave everything inside the animal.  Not as likely with a yote.  That said, the last yote dropped with my 223 and I could not find the entrance at all.  The 55g vmax never exited either so who knows.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Yep - they open up pretty good on just the handwarmer.  My only hope is that like what happened with Let Em Grow's buck, they leave everything inside the animal.  Not as likely with a yote.  That said, the last yote dropped with my 223 and I could not find the entrance at all.  The 55g vmax never exited either so who knows.

Give us a full report after you drop a couple this coming weekend! 

• Like 3

I think youll be ok with pelt damage, just stay off the shoulder. Shoot them straight on and i am most certain youll have minimal pelt damage. Shoulder hits will split them lol. 

Forget this ^^^^.

Just hit them wherever you can !

And don't stop shooting till they drop!

Like I even have to tell you that. Lol

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Forget this ^^^^.

Just hit them wherever you can !

And don't stop shooting till they drop!

Like I even have to tell you that. Lol

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I agree sir, shooting stops when they drop.. but buyin bigger guns pelt damage is expected

• Like 1

TreeGuy and moog, you two seem to have a blast hunting together! A formidable predator team as well. Looking forward to following along here, with ya's tonight! 

Best of luck guys!!!     

Offer is always open to come east and hunt our properties!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Belo said:

m00g is this coyote hunting rig attempt #3? 

Not going to lie, I have numerous rigs that work well for coyotes.  I just wanted to actually hunt with the creedmoor.  Never got out with it for deer last season.  I suspect my 223 will remain the primary rig.  But 6.8, 6.5, .224 and 243 will all likely make an appearance at some point.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

TreeGuy and moog, you two seem to have a blast hunting together! A formidable predator team as well. Looking forward to following along here, with ya's tonight! 

Best of luck guys!!!     

Offer is always open to come east and hunt our properties!

Thanks Dave.  Appreciate that!.  We do have a lot of fun.  Offers mutual and you know that my friend.  Feeling pretty optimistic about tonight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Good Luck Mr. hoping to make a set or 2 myself.. Send pics!

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Good luck Bry!  You too send me some!

Same for me. Going to try my wife's grandfathers farm. Easy hike in and a shorter drive on the east side of webster. Good luck everyone!

• Like 3

Just walked the property/move cam.fox been throwin around the carcass from this years buck(fox tracks in snow all over the property).that bone is 70yards from where i put the carcass.whats up with the scratching?its in 3 spots all by bones.just normal movement trying to tear it apart??burying it???hahaha

20200131_134315.jpg