What watch to get as a wedding present

Marion

33 minutes ago, Belo said:

Providing for your loved ones and sacrificing to give them a better life? My parents did it for us, and I hope to be able to provide my future kids the same opportunities if not even more than my parents were able to provide me

So one day I was talking with our youngest , I said ,” all one generation wants is for the next to achieve  a bit more .”

She replied ,” well you didn’t set the bar to high ! “  God I, love that kid ! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

So one day I was talking with our youngest , I said ,” all one generation wants is for the next to achieve  a bit more .”
She replied ,” well you didn’t set the bar to high ! “  God I, love that kid ! 
Ouch!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think that's the norm after a short while.

Not here! Our pool was one of the big reasons we bought the house. I swim nearly every night and then we use it almost every weekend with Friends and their kids (now our kid this summer). The hot tub on the other hand wasn’t used much so when it went, we decided not to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Belo said:

i have 3 boys under 7. We use the piss out of the pool, so I dont mind the upkeep. There will come a day no doubt though that for just the wife and I it'll feel like too much work. 

My girls were 11 when we put it in and it got tons of use. Now theyre 15 and barely go in. Theyre barely home

24 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not here! Our pool was one of the big reasons we bought the house. I swim nearly every night and then we use it almost every weekend with Friends and their kids (now our kid this summer). The hot tub on the other hand wasn’t used much so when it went, we decided not to replace it.

i at least jump in almost every night too, I love it. I've learned from many that the hot tub is nice, but the idea quickly wears on most that get them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

i have 3 boys under 7. We use the piss out of the pool, so I dont mind the upkeep. There will come a day no doubt though that for just the wife and I it'll feel like too much work. 

I spend a lot of time with pool upkeep and never have time to go in myself. My oldest son doesn't go in at all. The middle one only sometimes. The youngest son (and his pals) are the one that enjoy the pool, lol. Once they stop using it....:bye:

• Like 1

I can’t add anything to the topic of watches. To be honest I didn’t know anyone still wore watches that weren’t smart watches.

What I find interesting is how we all spend money differently. I’m not rich but far from poor I don’t go without much. I would never even consider paying 1000$ dollars for a watch yet I have closets and safes full off 1000$ rifles with 1000$ scopes on them. And a barn full of 500$ fishing rod and reels. That’s what always keeps this forum fun we are all very different from very different lifestyles.

As for a pool I can’t stand them, that’s why I have 2 boats. Ones for fishing and ones for pleasure. I thoroughly enjoy anchoring the boat and having some beers, floating on a tube etc. I can’t sit around a pool for 2 minutes before I’m bored out of my mind!

• Like 7

Pool, Mrs and I still use it all the time 20:years later  , the daughter that’s  local comes over a lot as well .

Hot Tub , first got a Hot Springs in ‘98 small cracks of the top,of shell 2,003 they gave me a new one, still running strong ! Was in it last night , smoked a cigar for a couple hours . Daughters use it whenever they’re  here , I’m in it several nights a week .

Buckmaster , good post , I don’t have an ATV, snowmobile, expensive boat, motorcycle or other rapidly depreciating asset   , in 31 years I’ve owned three bows, my guns are low end box store packages  and the scope that comes with it is fine by me . I’d gouge my eye out with a broken Timex before I’d drop a grand on a scope , but knives and watches well that just makes sense .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pool, Mrs and I still use it all the time 20:years later  , the daughter that’s  local comes over a lot as well .
Hot Tub , first got a Hot Springs in ‘98 small cracks of the top,of shell 2,003 they gave me a new one, still running strong ! Was in it last night , smoked a cigar for a couple hours . Daughters use it whenever they’re  here , I’m in it several nights a week .
Buckmaster , good post , I don’t have an ATV, snowmobile, expensive boat, motorcycle or other rapidly depreciating asset   , in 31 years I’ve owned three bows, my guns are low end box store packages  and the scope that comes with it is fine by me . I’d gouge my eye out with a broken Timex before I’d drop a grand on a scope , but knives and watches well that just makes sense .

That’s what makes the world turn and this forum enjoyable. If we all lived the same and hunted the same it would be very boring.

18 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

It's like owning a boat....The only thing better than owning a boat, is having a friend that owns a boat! lol

I think pools are a little different. Yeah on a saturday afternoon you can go hang with neighbors, but I can't think of the times when I'm a hot sweaty mess doing yard work or detailing the car that I just do a quick jump in to cool off. The benefits of not having to pack all the crap and stuff are there for me. At least for now.

18 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I spend a lot of time with pool upkeep and never have time to go in myself. My oldest son doesn't go in at all. The middle one only sometimes. The youngest son (and his pals) are the one that enjoy the pool, lol. Once they stop using it....:bye:

Mine's not too bad. I have a brominator. Basically check and balance once a week, which usually isn't much more than baking soda. Vac once a week, sometimes twice in early summer. I try and pick a day when I can be out getting some sun myself. with these teen temps and cloudy skies, i'd love to have to vac my pool right now in 80* temps haha

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sodfather said:

I find myself liking to drink by my pool more than being in it .

this right here. The pool is about relaxing for me too. I'm constantly on the move and I need it. But I couldn't imagine sitting in the sun baking and drinking and not being able to jump in and cool off.

18 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I can’t add anything to the topic of watches. To be honest I didn’t know anyone still wore watches that weren’t smart watches.

What I find interesting is how we all spend money differently. I’m not rich but far from poor I don’t go without much. I would never even consider paying 1000$ dollars for a watch yet I have closets and safes full off 1000$ rifles with 1000$ scopes on them. And a barn full of 500$ fishing rod and reels. That’s what always keeps this forum fun we are all very different from very different lifestyles.

As for a pool I can’t stand them, that’s why I have 2 boats. Ones for fishing and ones for pleasure. I thoroughly enjoy anchoring the boat and having some beers, floating on a tube etc. I can’t sit around a pool for 2 minutes before I’m bored out of my mind!

yeah I am the same way - a trip on a beach vacation.....12 minutes and i am looking for something to do!  This is me for sure 

• Like 2

That's quite a fancy piece

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For the price of that watch you could start into a nice foreclosure vacation home, upgrade it, and then upgrade to a better one with backyard and view like this of the gulf. Buy another foreclosure and you can turn it around for profit to buy a boat for the house with a view.

2b78e2fbf910842ab26199cc3cb6bb4e.jpg1e116eda01237880a214286534db849b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk