Meat Grinder

I am looking to get a electric meat grinder so I can use some venison as chop meat and also start making my own sausage. I was looking at the one in the attached link. Has anyone every used this and have reviews or can anyone recommend another one? Thanks in advance.

http://www.amazon.com/STX-TURBOFORCE-3000-ELECTRIC-HARDENED/dp/B0012KJBR0/ref=wl_itt_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IO5W4SJDOS7ER&colid=3P6VN22VI13UO

I don't know anything about that one. I will tell you this. at 14 pounds there is no way it has a 2.4 horse rated motor. I just got a 1.5 horse and it weighs 65 pounds. I don't remember seeing anything 3/4 horse and over that was that light. I am not saying it is impossible...just be on guard. Most grinders 3/4 horse and over don't have reverse switches...because they typically don't need them. a motor that size will take a chunk the size of the feed throat and not bog down. thrown a $1.95 with this opinion and you will have enough for a cup of cofee....lol

I have had this grinder for 5 years now and I am very happy with it. I have never done any sausage but it will grind meat as fast as you can put it in. I got mine at Christmas time when it was on sale for $70. These go on sale every now and then if you keep your eyes open.

I don't know anything about that one. I will tell you this. at 14 pounds there is no way it has a 2.4 horse rated motor. I just got a 1.5 horse and it weighs 65 pounds. I don't remember seeing anything 3/4 horse and over that was that light. I am not saying it is impossible...just be on guard. Most grinders 3/4 horse and over don't have reverse switches...because they typically don't need them. a motor that size will take a chunk the size of the feed throat and not bog down. thrown a $1.95 with this opinion and you will have enough for a cup of cofee....lol

what Grinder do you have? I am looking for good recomendations. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just a "cheap" $100 unit we picked up years ago. It is nothing fancy, but has gone through hundreds of pounds of burger and sausage without an issue. The key is to keep the blades and the plate tight together. (I believe it is a Rival.)

• 2 weeks later...

This is the grinder I picked up. Firdt time I was able to use it was Saturday night. it took everything I threw in and the chunks were partially frozen. It took me longer to clean up than it did to grind 50# of meat. The motor never even groaned. I couldn't be happier with this thing. I noticed they have put them back up for sale on the site I used...they were on back order and now they are listed for $30 more than when I got mine....but if you wnat one this one gets 5 stars from me.

http://www.amazon.com/Commercial-Electric-Grinder-Sausage-Stuffer/dp/B002HJBMTA/ref=sr_1_51?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1320089164&sr=1-51