Multiple/ pack of coyotes

turkeyfeathers

I've seen more than 2 together on many occasions. One of my favorite memories of yote hunting was when I called in "the pack" at high noon. Had just bought my first fox pro and couldn't wait to try it. There were 7 that I saw. They just kept coming !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Groups of 5 or six are the norm around here after mid-January.  You will hear them howling to each other every night.  A farmer friend butchered a steer in February and tossed the gut pile in the back corner of his land.  We hunted it at night and let about 15 of them come to it before we shot two at once.

(Que the deniers who say it didn't happen like that) :rolleyes:

I have only seen one at a time, and even when I see them while on the road, same thing.

I was driving home from work one afternoon, and at 4:15ish I saw a full black coyote standing on the double yellow lines.  That was  so exciting to me, and fascinated me, I will never forget that.  

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Hunting? I have seen packs of 6-8 years ago out in the Summit Jefferson area. Always the morning sit and running a ridge. It wasn't uncommon for actual packs to be seen in that area back then. I have not hunted that area in probably 30 years now.

Where I live now, I actually hear a couple packs hunting at night from time to time. I hear them together, but never the same location. I have seen a pack of 4-5 right at dusk a couple times right down the road from me in a field behind a produce stand.

Mostly singles , saw three twice  , last year shed hunting three  were walking the edge of the thick stuff, and a few years prior three were following the buck I shot and I shot the lead coyote too .

Heres some tracks I snapped a picture of today , no idea how many made this , but it’s not uncommon to see .

Merlot couple bow seasons back , one layed down maybe 15 yards  from me, he was ragged and chewing something that sounded like rocks ! It would have been a cake shot but he looked like satins dog or something , couldn’t take the chance .

E7553B0A-4EB8-446E-BE13-F7AC9CC9A745.jpeg

1B7749CE-18A8-4324-939F-71FE8ADDEACB.jpeg

Edited by Nomad

I've seen more than 2 together on many occasions. One of my favorite memories of yote hunting was when I called in "the pack" at high noon. Had just bought my first fox pro and couldn't wait to try it. There were 7 that I saw. They just kept coming !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

How many left after "7" came in?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk