who hunts rabbits

I no longer have any dogs. But the hunting of rabbits with a good dog is sure a lot of fun. I see not a lot of rabbits anymore. Is sit due to the way farmers farm ? or is the problem with coyotes ? I use to have a pack of 4 days and would use one at a time during the hunt day to keep them fresh. We also would use with snowshoes on white rabbits in Delware / chenago county piece of state forrest.

• 2 weeks later...

Chase the cottontails with beagles from end of deer season to mid Feb., or until snow gets too deep for the dogs. Its quite a sight watching, and listening to a couple good beagles doing their thing on a crisp morning with a fresh dusting of snow.

This year, we have bunnies everywhere. They hardly even get out of the way of the lawnmower. But, I have seen this before in other years and by the time the season gets here, they all disappear. Of course it doesn't help that they sit right in the middle of the yard waiting for any hungry hawk to spot them ...... the dummys!

But this year we have so many of them around, there just might be a huntable population around when the season opens.

Doc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sky where are you located? would love to get the 3 beagles out there and take that rabbit problem of urs away =) let me know if you would like us to come out and do that for you. we will share the rabbits too. Good eatin.

i hunt them with my lawn tractor.

every year i mow at least 30 to 40 baby bunny's

i have killed a few this year with my bow.

my hunting ground is the wife's garden. dam pesky rodents

I love to hunt rabbits with my 2 beagles. I enjoy the thrill of the chase, the baying of the dogs, the great exercise (for both me and the dogs), and the great tasting meat. I live in the Auburn area and if you have some good property to hunt, I would be glad to hook up with you and do some rabbit hunting together.

post-2003-131455399694_thumb.jpg