Reloading Scale

I upgraded to this scale, a year or so ago, from the digital I was using. And love it!! I like to be certain on my powder measurements. This is a very nice, and very accurate scale for reloading.

So nice of you jjb, to think of someone else that will get some use out of this great gift!!!   :good:

Always amazed at the generosity of the members here. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, grampy said:

I upgraded to this scale, a year or so ago, from the digital I was using.

That RCBS 5-5 is a good quality solid scale. I did the opposite a few years ago Grampy, I purchased a digital scale to try out thinking it was an upgrade. It seems accurate enough but when it comes down to actually loading my shells I get out my old Lyman beam scale, I am just more comfortable using, it has many years of a proven track record with total reliability.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

Lol, always pleasant when you get a sarcastic PM from someone who thought they should have gotten it instead of the person I selected.....just makes it easier next time as I can remove them from my list of people I would send something to for free.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

Lol, always pleasant when you get a sarcastic PM from someone who thought they should have gotten it instead of the person I selected.....just makes it easier next time as I can remove them from my list of people I would send something to for free.

no good deed goes unpunished......unbelievable. 

Anyway. This was very nice of you. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, airedale said:

That RCBS 5-5 is a good quality solid scale. I did the opposite a few years ago Grampy, I purchased a digital scale to try out thinking it was an upgrade. It seems accurate enough but when it comes down to actually loading my shells I get out my old Lyman beam scale, I am just more comfortable using, it has many years of a proven track record with total reliability.

Al

I still use my ancient Herter's beam balance scale.. My reloading is not a high volume operation...I  never load more than 40 rounds at a time, usually less, especially when working up a load, when I usually only load perhaps a dozen rounds at a time..

I enjoy the process, just relaxing and  taking my time weighing out each charge...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Boy oh boy are we having a killer live auction item that is reloading themed at the banquet. (shameless plug intended)

Are tickets still available? Going to try and make it, Just have a lot of unwanted issues at the homestead lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Are tickets still available? Going to try and make it, Just have a lot of unwanted issues at the homestead lol. 

Yeah. Early bird ins't even over until February 22nd. I think it is going to be our biggest the way ticket sales have jumped off so early. 

https://www.qdma.com/get-involved/events/action~agenda/page_offset~1/request_format~html/

Look for the Greater Rochester event on March 14th and all the ticket info is there. They are available online. We get that info and your tickets are waiting at the door to the ballroom at check in.