Snow day !

Robhuntandfish

PM’d all the equipment yesterday . Went into work early this morning and watching it sleet and rain now. Plow trucks, skid steer , power brooms are fueled and ready. Grounds crew already laid down salt.So we’re just waiting for the fluffy white stuff.  

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

Temp hasn’t dropped below 40 in what feels like weeks in 3S. The lack of snow days is a real problem for me...there is nothing better than a snow day to make this ornery old man feel like a kid again.
You have now made me ornery-er-ish!
I’m hoping they district gives a snow day back on Easter Monday as opposed to the last calendar day when I have no kids in class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Temp hasn’t dropped below 40 in what feels like weeks in 3S. The lack of snow days is a real problem for me...there is nothing better than a snow day to make this ornery old man feel like a kid again.
You have now made me ornery-er-ish!
I’m hoping they district gives a snow day back on Easter Monday as opposed to the last calendar day when I have no kids in class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well at least they wont cut short the spring break week.  Or maybe a longer memorial weekend! 

My son told me last night if he put his jammies on inside out and backwards he would have a snow day in the morning. Now hes going to try it all the time because it worked this time.

I think you have to flush a snowball down the toilet too. When I was a kid if I saw a cloud on the horizon I'd roll the dice and not do my homework. In September
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, E J said:

My son told me last night if he put his jammies on inside out and backwards he would have a snow day in the morning. Now hes going to try it all the time because it worked this time.

When mine were young it was spoons in bed , I think under the pillow .

As for me today , I haven’t got out of bed yet, same as most mornings this time, no spoons required. Ok I did get up to pee a few times , same as everyday .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think you have to flush a snowball down the toilet too. When I was a kid if I saw a cloud on the horizon I'd roll the dice and not do my homework. In September

i used to get into arguments with teachers about homework!  Never did it or i just did it in class.  "Why am i here all day if your sending me home with work?, just give me the test now" - oh they love that.  lol

• Haha 1

Had a two hour delay yesterday at school/work. But we are here today. Though the weather people are calling for worsening conditions throughout the day. Was just rain on the way in this morning. But the wind will whip up, with sleet and freezing rain, changing to snow. Been a pretty easy winter, here so far though.

Mrs. grampy has already asked me to drive her grocery shopping this evening, as she hates driving in snowy conditions anymore. She is baking for a fundraiser this weekend. I said sure! As long as you put aside some of the goods for me!!!

• Like 1