Snow day !

Robhuntandfish

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i used to get into arguments with teachers about homework!  Never did it or i just did it in class.  "Why am i here all day if your sending me home with work?, just give me the test now" - oh they love that.  lol

I was the worst student of all time, I invented ADD. If it were today theyd have me on everything but rollerskates

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The official MS process to guarantee a snow day (not In Sept Tacks):
1. Do all your HW
2. PJ inside out
3. Wooden spoon in the window.

I like to F with the MS kids and tell them if they flush an ice cube down the toilet while in MS it cancels the snow day.....that is for elementary kids only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

I was the worst student of all time, I invented ADD. If it were today theyd have me on everything but rollerskates

You and me both...I tell my students to not even bother trying to get away with crap.
“The best cops are ex-criminals!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, crappyice said:

1. Do all your HW
2. PJ inside out

I like to F with the MS kids and tell them if they flush an ice cube down the toilet while in MS it cancels the snow day.....that is for elementary kids only.

Our super must get a bonus if he has snow days leftover. We are always dead last to cancel or we dont at all

Temp hasn’t dropped below 40 in what feels like weeks in 3S. The lack of snow days is a real problem for me...there is nothing better than a snow day to make this ornery old man feel like a kid again.
You have now made me ornery-er-ish!
I’m hoping they district gives a snow day back on Easter Monday as opposed to the last calendar day when I have no kids in class!

No hard water on the Rez’s means better fishing for me in the spring! These 50 degree temps are glorious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

1. Do all your HW
2. PJ inside out

Need to tell them to use white spray paint on the supers window overnight. Then they are guaranteed a day off. 

4 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Been in the plow truck since daylight, Man o man it was coming down here in Elmira for a bit, white out conditions . Filling my belly with a wegmans meatball sub then back at it. It is slowing down some .

When I worked for NYSDOT they used to give us a meal check every month for the breaks we missed for plowing. But rest assured we found time for meatball subs anyway.  Lol. 

Be careful out there with the idiots out on the roads.

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

When I worked for NYSDOT they used to give us a meal check every month for the breaks we missed for plowing. But rest assured we found time for meatball subs anyway.  Lol. 

Be careful out there with the idiots out on the roads.

Yep I’ll get paid for a meal in my check from the state .  Had a dumb ass walking down the road step right out in front me. Had his hoody up never looked. Good thing I was watching him, he almost got V- plow to the  Kidney... 

Edited by rob-c

Students were released an hour ago. I'm still here. This place gets dead quiet with no kids!!!

Snowing pretty good now! 

20200207_130359.thumb.jpg.c548bce8c3ca97af704186b8edb632a5.jpg

View from my office.

Worst part is, I won't be able to get to the range this weekend!!!

That really is a bummer.....

Snow has tapered off here in Dogpatch....Probably around 8"....I have got most of the shovel work done, but Now I have about two hours of shuffling my elderly legs along behind my elderly snowblower getting the driveway and sidewalks done....

No Legion for ME today...<<sigh>>…..

20 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

When u get to go home early....make chili.  Good luck Moog. No way I'm going out in this to hunt predators unless they are the ones that tried to kill Arnold and they are on my front porch. 

IMG_20200207_130600452.jpg

I'll drive through the snow, to get some of that chili!!!!

Our office is closing at 2pm which gives me plenty of time to brave the snowy drive to some predator hunting.   #wooboo

During normal winters, once there was a snow day I would jump in the car and go hunting or ice fishing....roads too bad for school but not hunting or fishing!!!

• Like 3