March 14 - QDMA Banquet

moog5050

Maybe I should bring Natalie.  What is a rack pack membership.  

I am on my phone so I can figure out how to cut and paste from the QDMA site. It’s under the “join” button. Magazine, DVD and a grunt call and some other stuff I can’t remember. We bear all the membership costs for the kids. The meal alone is over $50 and the Rack Pack membership is $25. Kids ticket I think is $40. Every kid attending gets into a hunting implement drawing at no cost. Usually about 12-17 attending. Last year was a 22. Pointer his year is something we’ve never had for the kids before.

Pushing this back up as I just bought our tickets.  So far, I have the following at the hunting ny table:

1. Johnplav

2. DDT

3. DDT's son

4. Nomad

5. Natalie

6. Moog

7. Red

Lets fill it up.  PM me if you plan to attend.  It really is a good time and you get to harass Culver as MC.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Pushing this back up as I just bought our tickets.  So far, I have the following at the hunting ny table:

1. Johnplav

2. DDT

3. DDT's son

4. Nomad

5. Natalie

6. Moog

Lets fill it up.  PM me if you plan to attend.  It really is a good time and you get to harass Culver as MC.

And apparently I do seem to favor the Hunting NY attendees with prizes. 

22 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Do tickets come in the mail?  Or do we pick them up at the event?

Two,years ago ( my first one ) tickets were on a staffed table at the door , being an old fart I don’t recall last years, but I’d guess it was the same .

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Do tickets come in the mail?  Or do we pick them up at the event?

They will be at the check in table waiting for you under your name. (Your real name...lol)

Nomad's are in a special envelope labeled "Lucky Bastard"

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

what the hell is out there?

Things they havent seen yet. I actually love it out there, once you get out of the city, its great. Its really too bad the politics that happen up in the northern areas makes it look like a looney bin. Everyone I met and talked to in SoCal was pretty normal, and sounded like many of us in Western NY where theyd like to see the liberal hell holes broken off into their own state. It really is beautiful out there.

• Like 1

I was forced out to California for a wedding this year and as expected San Fran was a disaster... but once we headed North it was beautiful.  We went to the Russian River/Sonoma County area and went to some great wineries + breweries.  Also got to hang out in the redwoods and see the Pacific at a great beach.  

IMG_4898.jpg

IMG_4917.jpg

• Like 2

Things they havent seen yet. I actually love it out there, once you get out of the city, its great. Its really too bad the politics that happen up in the northern areas makes it look like a looney bin. Everyone I met and talked to in SoCal was pretty normal, and sounded like many of us in Western NY where theyd like to see the liberal hell holes broken off into their own state. It really is beautiful out there.

+1. I love Orange County, CA. I could get work in LA, but not OC. If I could commute OC to LA easily on a schedule like westchester to nyc I would do it in a second. But that commute can be brutal. I’d also have to sneak my mountain lion taxidermy in since they are banned in Cali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1