March 14 - QDMA Banquet

moog5050

Great time tonight guys! My son already says he's in for next year too. He also told his mother he's going to South Africa (not so sure she's onboard with that!)

Edited by E J
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Nomad said:

Clean up tonight by Hunting NY Forum . Won or bought on auction IIRC , African Safari for two , one week vacation rental in NC , a bear skin rug , THREE , count them THREE guns . 

Moog has the table Pic.  I didn’t win but told the Mrs I did and will be picking it up next week ......

Congrats to all , nice to see everyone.

Wow you guys hauled it.  Sounds like it was a great time

7 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Great seeing you guys and thanks for supporting us. I wish I could have broken away to spend more time with you all

Very well run banquet, I can’t imagine the work you put in to make it happen.  Great job!  And kudos again for the field to fork program.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, E J said:

Great time tonight guys! My son already says he's in for next year too. He also told his mother he's going to South Africa (not so sure she's onboard with that!)

Outfitters in SA love kids in camp.....super safe when on hunting properties.  Most all have a suppressed 243 to loan with zero recoil and will let kids take cull impala.

Schedule a day trip to a park to see some big 5.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Looks awesome. I may just fly into this for next year! Who won the African hunt? And who won the NC trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEither of those were won. I bought the hunt and moog bought the vacation during the auction. Moog and his daughter however did win 2 guns.

• Like 4

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Nice work Bob!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks. It was a little smaller crowd with some cancellations but it went off pretty well. We were very lucky it wasn’t a week later. The crowd seemed into it and I think we had a pretty good quality of prizes. As it ended up we had a general raffle prize for every 3.5 people there. Pretty good odds. The auctions went well and some neat stuff we’ve never had before. I am honestly glad it’s done and have banquet hangover. Need a few more days before I even tackle the reports. Lol

Thanks to all you guys that came to support the branch and QDMA National. Great seeing you guys and sorry I couldn’t spend more time over at the table. I am glad you enjoyed it

Funniest part of the night was me knowing which cooler had the winning tag in it for the gun and watching Moog trying to talk his daughter out of picking the one that had it.

• Haha 3

NEither of those were won. I bought the hunt and moog bought the vacation during the auction. Moog and his daughter however did win 2 guns.

I am trying to get in Contact with my friend that took that hunt a few years back so you two can talk. He loved it with his two boys. They ended up negotiating price for extra animals once they were there. He’ll give you the tips

35 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I am trying to get in Contact with my friend that took that hunt a few years back so you two can talk. He loved it with his two boys. They ended up negotiating price for extra animals once they were there. He’ll give you the tips

Thanks. I could use all the help I can get!

Thanks. It was a little smaller crowd with some cancellations but it went off pretty well. We were very lucky it wasn’t a week later. The crowd seemed into it and I think we had a pretty good quality of prizes. As it ended up we had a general raffle prize for every 3.5 people there. Pretty good odds. The auctions went well and some neat stuff we’ve never had before. I am honestly glad it’s done and have banquet hangover. Need a few more days before I even tackle the reports. Lol
Slightly smaller crowd for us too and we upped the bounty of prizes out the door. Broke records in past, but then work load starts to over shoot how much fundraising you're actually getting back. Rather retain folks with smiles and arms full walking out the door.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1