What arrow weights are you guys shooting?

BowmanMike

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The new bow is setup for fat shafts, however if something happened to my hunting bow im sure I could have it shooting broadheads in a hurry

it's a toss up with fat shafts. i used to shoot a league that didn't go by IBO, no rangefinder targets could be out to around 80 yards for the final shootoff. stiff wind screwing me with fat shafts would offset any line cutting points. shooting normal hunter or advanced hunter class distances fat shafts definitely can help pick up a maybe several points if you're not slowing way down and messing up yardage.

• Like 1

it's a toss up with fat shafts. i used to shoot a league that didn't go by IBO, no rangefinder targets could be out to around 80 yards for the final shootoff. stiff wind screwing me with fat shafts would offset any line cutting points. shooting normal hunter or advanced hunter class distances fat shafts definitely can help pick up a maybe several points if you're not slowing way down and messing up yardage.

With the conditions we shoot in the winter league I think I wind is definitely moving the fat shaft occasionally. I’ve gone back and forth from them to standard shafts several times over the years. I like to change my gear up, it keeps it interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, BowmanMike said:

The fmj makes it difficult to get the FOC up because the arrow itself is too heavy. Weight up front is important. My build will be over 20% FOC.

I have been sniffing ranch fairy dust,he is a charcter.

It might be easier for some to listen to some Dr Ashby podcasts.

Everything Ive eve read says 12-14% FOC and not over 15% For what its worth to you.

Everything Ive eve read says 12-14% FOC and not over 15% For what its worth to you.
It depends on what you're using it for. Ive seen and gone heavier and lighter FOC than 12-15%. I've definitely seen some go lighter than 12% for 3D and waayyyy heavier for trad hunting or indoor Vegas competition. From what I remember it seems ive got the best accuracy and forgiveness, even out past 50 yards, settling on something between 15 and 18%.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So I'm tinkering with what I've got. Bloodsport Punisher 350 are coming in at 415 grains with 16+% FOC. 50 gr brass insert and 100gr head. I intend on shooting them at out of a 60 lb bow so I'm right 280 fps and almost 6.9 grains per lb.

Kicker us they're factory fletched straight or with a very small offset. Plus the bloodsport nocks are the worst fit. Too tight on string and too loose in shafts. GT nocks seem to fit them and my string perfect though. Guess I'll keep tinkering.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 1:28 PM, dbHunterNY said:

It depends on what you're using it for. Ive seen and gone heavier and lighter FOC than 12-15%. I've definitely seen some go lighter than 12% for 3D and waayyyy heavier for trad hunting or indoor Vegas competition. From what I remember it seems ive got the best accuracy and forgiveness, even out past 50 yards, settling on something between 15 and 18%.

It's funny how we all (myself included) tinker with our set up weight and check FOC. I watched a live instagram feed with levi Morgan and someone asked him what FOC he likes to shoot and he said he literally can't remember the last time he checked on any of the arrows he shoots.

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

It's funny how we all (myself included) tinker with our set up weight and check FOC. I watched a live instagram feed with levi Morgan and someone asked him what FOC he likes to shoot and he said he literally can't remember the last time he checked on any of the arrows he shoots.

Hes running a twizzler with a flapper!!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

22406e9d20e6727d2462bf296dc1ce87.jpgI may just keep shooting it, the tip is actually “in” as far as where that chip is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

that'd be $12 in the trash for me. weird crap happens to arrows that are damaged. especially thinner walled large diameter ones.