Got a new crossbow!

ApexerER

All Scorpyd crossbows are awesome! Can't wait to see which one ya got in that box!!

I too am looking forward to full inclusion. It's time for it to happen, in my opinion. Perhaps when it comes. I'll upgrade to a Scorpyd crossbow too! 

That said, I'm a longtime bowhunter, and will prefer to hunt with my bow, as long as my shoulders hold out. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, sbuff said:

If 4j ever goes crossbow I'll be a new owner of one 

With all the deer in 4J and the Pine Bush, I have no idea why a crossbow can not be used in there??? Even during the two week crossbow season we have now? Just makes no sense at all. But neither does the current crossbow legislation, that states you need a muzzleloader tag to hunt with a crossbow. The whole thing is just dumb.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cory said:

Congrats. But let’s be honest here. You shipped it to work so the wife didn’t find out.:rofl:

49 minutes ago, grampy said:

All Scorpyd crossbows are awesome! Can't wait to see which one ya got in that box!!

I too am looking forward to full inclusion. It's time for it to happen, in my opinion. Perhaps when it comes. I'll upgrade to a Scorpyd crossbow too! 

That said, I'm a longtime bowhunter, and will prefer to hunt with my bow, as long as my shoulders hold out. 

Its an Aculeus. I really wanted a Nemesis but I spend a lot of time researching it, spent some time on Crossbow Nation asking questions etc. (great forum by the way) It seems the Nemesis has a lot of string issues and nobody that had one would recommend it. They all recommended this or the Death Stalker. I went with speed....

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

Very Nice!!!!  Did it come with a scope?

No, I bought the bare bow. One of the things I really liked about Scorpyd was you could get a bare bow instead of a package. Anytime I have gotten a package, I have upgraded everything. Although with Scorpyd, they give you options with their packages. I purchased a HHA Optimizer and the Hawke Scope that goes with it from a Member at Crossbow Nation. I will get that mounted up when I get home. I still need to get arrows for it and a target that this won't blow through before I can even try it out....

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:24 AM, grampy said:

With all the deer in 4J and the Pine Bush, I have no idea why a crossbow can not be used in there??? Even during the two week crossbow season we have now? Just makes no sense at all. But neither does the current crossbow legislation, that states you need a muzzleloader tag to hunt with a crossbow. The whole thing is just dumb.

Agreed 

Steve 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:16 AM, sbuff said:

If 4j ever goes crossbow I'll be a new owner of one 

On 2/11/2020 at 9:24 AM, grampy said:

i'm sitting in my office now looking out the window at the Pine Bush. it's cold and windy but man do i want to go out and do some scouting! maybe even find a shed antler.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i'm sitting in my office now looking out the window at the Pine Bush. it's cold and windy but man do i want to go out and do some scouting! maybe even find a shed antler.

I'd like to get to know the Pine Bush better. Just never get there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billdogge said:

only hunted a couple sections but lots more to check out. it changes a lot with all the controlled burns and work done to remove invasive species to a pine barren. hoping i can get out there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Billdogge said:

Lots of deer. Some trophy bucks. Lots of ticks. Limited access in most of the really good areas. As the older bucks learn to lay up in someone's backyard. But it can be done, in the Pine Bush.

• Like 3