Got a new crossbow!

ApexerER

Got the scope mounted up. Found out I need an extension for the HHA to space out the wheel so the cocking sled can get past the optimizer. I ordered a dozen 22" spinal Tapps from Jerry at South Shore Archery and a Hurricane 600FPS target so I should be ready to try this sucker out in a week or two....

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Now I definitely want to check it out!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It is 19 or so inches axle to axle and a little more limb tip to limb tip and 180lb draw weight. I actually ordered a what is for some reason is called a night train riser conversion for it that a forum member on AT was selling incase I decide I want to go that route. The night train conversion will make it 17" axle to axle and only 12 or so " cocked so it will still meet NY minimum requirements. Had we not had those requirements I may have gone with a Ten Point or Ravin but I know Scorpyd makes a high quality bow that is legal and I am tired of waiting on stupid laws that should but never change....I figure I will be happy with this bow no matter what they do with the law. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

That looks like a hot set up, on a real nice crossbow! 

Please give a review, after getting out to shoot at various distances.

Will do, If it works how I am thinking it will, it should be great. Waiting on a few more pieces to the puzzle and then I will be able to give it a try. Instructions with the optimizer say to site in at 20 yds and then 60 yds then find the tape that matches and all other yardages will be right on in 1 yard increments. Not sure where I am going to shoot 60 yds where it is flat. Hoping at my parents house I can get to 60 yds but not sure. I know I can at the hunting lease but it is always windy there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ApexerER said:

Got the scope mounted up. Found out I need an extension for the HHA to space out the wheel so the cocking sled can get past the optimizer. I ordered a dozen 22" spinal Tapps from Jerry at South Shore Archery and a Hurricane 600FPS target so I should be ready to try this sucker out in a week or two....

You have done well. Jerry's arrows are the absolute very best. I've spent time in his shop, and have had extensive conversations with Jerry. Great guy... very knowledgable.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

You have done well. Jerry's arrows are the absolute very best. I've spent time in his shop, and have had extensive conversations with Jerry. Great guy... very knowledgable.

He was a great guy to deal with and one of the people who helped me decide on this crossbow even though he couldn't sell it to me. I can't say enough good things about him. His arrows aren't cheap but I am always willing to support the people that have supported me.