Yay!!!!

Moho81

is that how Ford owners justify it?

I’m not a guy that sticks with one manufacturer. I’ve owned Fords, Chevy’s and Pontiac’s always drive them until they just can’t go no more. My last truck an 02 Silverado left me stranded twice. Once the fuel pump went while headed out pheasant hunting. Then again when the spider gear in the rear end shattered. Both happened with over 100k miles on them. I don’t remember the Pontiac Grand Am ever leaving me stranded but I know I caught a major few major issues before they went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see Toyota in that list....

Before I bought this truck a few years ago they where on my list but unfortunately they where priced just a bit to high for what I was looking for. I like the way they look just never even test drove one due to price.

• Like 1

Only 100k miles that's not a lot of mileage I'd expect at least 150k if not more before any major issues/repairs

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I’d call this a minor inconvenience versus a major issue/repair. Although now that I’m thinking of it this is the second time this truck left me stranded. Last winter a relay went out on me in a parking lot. That one was really annoying because my kids where with me. It was a $20 part and a 15 min fix.

Perhaps I need to go truck shopping again.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Only 100k miles that's not a lot of mileage I'd expect at least 150k if not more before any major issues/repairs

I don't consider a blown rad hose on a 7 yr old truck with 111k a major issue. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Who's fixing the truck?
AAA tow job????
Tough having an older truck......ya just never know.

AAA is on their way and it’s getting towed to my buddies shop. If I wasn’t in my dress clothes I’d probably find the leak get the hose/parts and fix it in the lot.

• Like 1

I don't consider a blown rad hose on a 7 yr old truck with 111k a major issue. 
Ahh I know nothing about fixing cars/trucks so anytime something breaks other than a flat tire or changing lights it's a major fix for me and it's going to the shop. Which would be very frustrating. Granted my 03 Accord wound up going 239k miles never an issue with minimal maintenance. It was truly fantastic. Now I'm in my nx300 which is equally as nice and far more luxurious than my old Accord. Luckily this one is just a lease so I'll hopefully never run into any maintenance as long as I own it

That actually is surprising ,thats a proven engine .  

Agreed which is why I went with the 5.0 instead of the eco boost 3.6. It’s a proven solid engine. I guess this Isn’t really an engine problem per say. Just a bit annoyed. I bought the truck in March of 17 and it’s now left me broke down twice.

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Ahh I know nothing about fixing cars/trucks so anytime something breaks other than a flat tire or changing lights it's a major fix for me and it's going to the shop. Which would be very frustrating. Granted my 03 Accord wound up going 239k miles never an issue with minimal maintenance. It was truly fantastic. Now I'm in my nx300 which is equally as nice and far more luxurious than my old Accord. Luckily this one is just a lease so I'll hopefully never run into any maintenance as long as I own it

Any break down sucks, and usually come at the worst moment.  

Some are easily fixable, like a bad rad hose.  But I've called for a tow on a few easy fixes. Those were before I had a heated shop, and it was 0°.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Agreed which is why I went with the 5.0 instead of the eco boost 3.6. It’s a proven solid engine. I guess this Isn’t really an engine problem per say. Just a bit annoyed. I bought the truck in March of 17 and it’s now left me broke down twice.

Can you see if the hose actually ruptured or just came off ?  

Can you see if the hose actually ruptured or just came off ?  

None are off but the engine bay is completely covered in fluid so I didn’t exactly go digging around in their. It’s not worth ruining my good dress clothes over.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

None are off but the engine bay is completely covered in fluid so I didn’t exactly go digging around in their. It’s not worth ruining my good dress clothes over.

When my wife and i started dating ,she called me at work saying that the front of her car was a giant cloud of steam while headed to school . I ended up meeting her and changing the lower hose on her pontiac sunbird in a hail storm next to the buffalo airport . I was completely soaked in antifreeze and rain before i was done . Now i would just call AAA LOL

• Like 1

This is why I love Toyotas above all else. Those cars run and run with out many issues. Ill be getting the Tundra once they come out with their hybrid engine. Only thing I hated about the tundra was the horrible gas mileage 
The Japanese cars/trucks just last like crazy

• Like 1