Yay!!!!

Moho81

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The ones that were getting stuck in the head ? That was on the 5.4 triton engines. 

I was a huge Ford fan up until that truck, and the fact that it was a complete lemon.. 04 F150 LAriat 4door bought with 19kmi.. I sunk way too much money in repairs for that truck.. even with a warranty.. 

12 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

I was a huge Ford fan up until that truck, and the fact that it was a complete lemon.. 04 F150 LAriat 4door bought with 19kmi.. I sunk way too much money in repairs for that truck.. even with a warranty.. 

I've only owned one Ford pick up and it was a good truck until my wife totaled it.  It had the 4.6 

• Like 1

When my wife and i started dating ,she called me at work saying that the front of her car was a giant cloud of steam while headed to school . I ended up meeting her and changing the lower hose on her pontiac sunbird in a hail storm next to the buffalo airport . I was completely soaked in antifreeze and rain before i was done . Now i would just call AAA LOL

I’ve done my fair share of roadside repairs. This ones just not worth it. It’s a messy job and even after it’s fixed the entire engine compartment will need a wash otherwise it’s just going to start smoking again like crazy.

The truck is due for inspection in March anyways so I’ll have my buddy do the inspection while it’s there. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I’ve done my fair share of roadside repairs. This ones just not worth it. It’s a messy job and even after it’s fixed the entire engine compartment will need a wash otherwise it’s just going to start smoking again like crazy.

The truck is due for inspection in March anyways so I’ll have my buddy do the inspection while it’s there. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would do the same thing 

Sorry pal !

As far as brands, I've had a few. They are all very similar in quality, and you can't tell me they aren't. Had two Toyotas that left me stranded a few times. One had a rear diff grenade on me while doing 70 on the 219, that was fun. New Chevy's had issues. At this point, no brand out there can say they are better than the other. BUT, if your brand loyal, you can always try and convince yourself that your choice is best.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Stuff happens. Don't get rid of a truck for a blown radiator hose for sure.  These guys are getting soft!  Lol.  

And the brand of truck makes no difference on a hose for sure. 

And Biz in two years when I plan on buying another truck. The ranger will be in the short list to look at. But even though they've been around before I like to see three years of production so they can get the kinks out. 

Or you can just be a guy on a buffalo and get rid of the truck! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Here is my story. 2003 Toyota tundra. I drove home from a 3 d shoot and thought the truck shifted funny. Automatic transmission. I was going to check fluid levels when i got home,but i didn't make it. Smoke was coming from under the hood so i pulled over and popped it open. 

There was so much smoke i thought there may be a fire too. I emptied out a bucket and was ready to run to a nearby pond. 

There also was pink foamy liquid all over and i had no clue what fluid is pink.

Well,i found out the transmission fluid cooling line broke inside the radiator and coolant and tranny fluid combine to strawberry milk. Neither system likes that and the radiator blew.

The good thing was it blew before i ruined the transmission. 

Sow what makes a vehicle old really depends on the perspective. I am still driving this one,it only has 260k miles on it. I buy my used vehicles outright and think i save money that way. I rather spend my money on my house than my vehicles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

When my wife and i started dating ,she called me at work saying that the front of her car was a giant cloud of steam while headed to school . I ended up meeting her and changing the lower hose on her pontiac sunbird in a hail storm next to the buffalo airport . I was completely soaked in antifreeze and rain before i was done . Now i would just call AAA LOL

I remember replacing my water pump on my grandprix in the dark of my apartment complex with just a a basic craftsman socket set in the dead of winter. Coolant everywhere, hands bright red and frozen. Another 30 minutes added because I had to work with the tools I had.

Then I started making more money and bought a house and had a nice garage to fix things in. Now I just replace cars every 5 years haha. I do miss tinkering on a motor though, so now I just buy performance parts.

Edited by Belo